Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

7 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 7 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook (591 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Threw A Low Budget Baby Shower For His Wife / New Haircut: Mark Zuckerberg Mocked On Twitter (Photos) / Mark Zuckerberg Rock Matching Pajamas With His Beautiful Family (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook by soldierdollar(m): 9:51am On Aug 11, 2017
The discovery of Facebook has really put the young entrepreneur on the spotlight. I woke up this morning with a feeling of writing some facts about Mark Zuckerberg, the Facebook owner. I decided to write a few things about the owner of Facebook that you probably don't know

Things you probably didn't know about Mark Zuckerberg

1. Mark Zuckerberg paid $200,000 to buy Facebook.com domain! Yes, on February 9th 2004, Mark officially launched his social network with Thefacebook.com to differentiate his domain name from Facebook.com which was owned by a charity organisation known as AboutFace. AboutFace is a canadian charity organization dedicated to providing support to individuals with facial disfiguration.

2. Sean Parker put the 'cool' on Facebook. It was Mark's best friend, Eduardo Savrin who funded him (Mark) to create Thefacebook.com. Sean Parker is the brain behind the acquisition of Facebook.com. Sean was the owner of Napster a notorious music website where he illegally uploaded musics for downloads. Napster was later shut down by big music labels. Sean Parker was one of the people who was fascinated by the rapid growth of Thefacebook.com and in 2005, he made a proposal to Mark Zuckerberg.
Mark was thrilled by his proposal and in 2005, Sean parker, with his connections, attracted investors who pulled together $200,000 to buy Facebook.com domain. This was against Eduardo's wish as he did not want anything to do with Sean who was facing legal incarceration . Sean was later arrested and kicked out of Facebook for involving himself in drugs.

3. Zuckerberg paid $300m for 'stealing' the idea behind facebook. Six days after the launch of Facebook, three Harvard seniors accused Zuckerberg of using their ideas to develop his own product while pretending he was helping them create a social network called Harvardconnection.com. The case was later settled in court and Mark had to pay them $300m

4. Facebook has acquired over 65 companies since its inception! Do you know that among Facebook's acquisition are Whatsapp and Instagram? Whatsapp, a mobile instant messenger was bought for $19,000,000,000 on 19th February, 2015. Earlier on, Facebook had acquired Instagram, a photo sharing platform for ($1,000,000,000) and Oculus Virtual Reality on March 25, 2014 for $2,000,000,000 ( the second largest Facebook's acquisition after Whatsapp).
Other notable companies acquired by Mark are LiveRail ($400,000,000-$500,000,000), Face.com($100,000,000) ,Atlas Solutions (less than $100,000,000) etc.

5. The total cost of acquisition is more than the GDP of Fiji, Zimbabwe and Maldives combined. So far, Facebook has spent $23,124,700,000 acquiring companies. Will you be willing to surrender your company to Facebook? How much would you like to sell it? LOL

6. 11 companies offered to buy Facebook. Barely 4 months after its launch, Facebook has received tempting offers from rich people and people representing rich companies. Below are list of some of the companies.
[img]https://3.bp..com/-Q3N0HiYCb-w/WYy-yqBI9WI/AAAAAAAAAkk/Y-H5ZmKAQnEaFrxUQbA9aqAPQB7VSLKkQCLcBGAs/s640/Things%2Byou%2Bmight%2Bnot%2Bhave%2Bknown%2Babout%2BFacebook%2Bowner-%2BMark%2BZuckerberg.png[/img]

7. Mark is the Fifth richest man on earth. With a net worth of , $72.7 billion, Mark Zuckerberg is the fifth most richest man after Amancio Ortega. Despite being the youngest at the age of 32, the Havard dropout has found his way to the top ten richest .
Re: 7 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook by soldierdollar(m): 9:53am On Aug 11, 2017
Re: 7 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook by soldierdollar(m): 9:54am On Aug 11, 2017
Seun
Lalasticlala
mynd44
obinoscopy

Check my profile for fp worthy posts that are wasting
Re: 7 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook by ayourbamie: 9:57am On Aug 11, 2017
Where did he get the money. $300M for lawsuit. how old was he den?
Re: 7 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook by youngscholar(m): 10:08am On Aug 11, 2017
Nice
Re: 7 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook by soldierdollar(m): 10:12am On Aug 11, 2017
ayourbamie:
Where did he get the money. $300M for lawsuit. how old was he den?

The Winklevoss twins are believed to have been given 1.2m shares to settle their claim, which could now be worth $300m. The law suit is around 2004 but the settlement was few years ago ( when Zuckerberg worthed billions of dollars)

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook by ayourbamie: 10:21am On Aug 11, 2017
soldierdollar:

The Winklevoss twins are believed to have been given 1.2m shares to settle their claim, which could now be worth $300m. The law suit is around 2004 but the settlement was few years ago ( when Zuckerberg worthed billions of dollars)

Thanks, I was thinking he made the settlement back then
Re: 7 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook by ojun50(m): 10:29am On Aug 11, 2017
Ok
Re: 7 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook by CelestineC(m): 10:35am On Aug 11, 2017
Facebook has really evolved in the past few years and still will years to come

Kudos to the Facebook team

And thanks OP for sharing
Re: 7 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 11, 2017
Please Mods Pardon me, i dont know if am doing the right thing by posting this here. I just needed to raise money for my school fees.

I have this facebook group that i created about 2 years ago and now it has upto 270,000 Members, But the problem now is that i dont know where to sell it!

Please any idea on where to sell it should reach me on 08170735425 its very cheap chaa

Group Link: http://m./793398977446905?refid=46&sld=eyJzZWFyY2hfc2lkIjoiZjcxYTlmNjU1MGExNGQxMmIyMjU3NmI0YzQ4YWNlMzkiLCJxdWVyeSI6Ikpva2VzICYgZW50Iiwic2VhcmNoX3R5cGUiOiJTZWFyY2giLCJzZXF1ZW5jZV9pZCI6NzgwMTY0MTgzLCJwYWdlX251bWJlciI6MSwiZmlsdGVyX3R5cGUiOiJTZWFyY2giLCJlbnRfaWQiOjc5MzM5ODk3NzQ0NjkwNSwicG9zaXRpb24iOjAsInJlc3VsdF90eXBlIjo2OX0%3D
Re: 7 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook by soldierdollar(m): 11:18am On Aug 11, 2017
CelestineC:
Facebook has really evolved in the past few years and still will years to come

Kudos to the Facebook team

And thanks OP for sharing

The funny thing is that only few social networks are challenging Facebook and the few that are rearing their head have been acquired by Facebook
Re: 7 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook by CelestineC(m): 11:38am On Aug 11, 2017
soldierdollar:

The funny thing is that only few social networks are challenging Facebook and the few that are rearing their head have been acquired by Facebook

It's appalling Buddy

However it's good thing Facebook was able to acquire WhatsApp. WhatsApp would have been a very big competition
Re: 7 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook by Alwaysking: 5:54pm On Aug 11, 2017
God bless Mark zuckerberg.

(1) (Reply)

Foreigners Registering On My Site / How To Get Indexed Fast In Google / 1 Hour Indexing + Keyword Ranking + 5k Daily Pageview To Your Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.