Stats: 3,151,488 members, 7,812,519 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Fake Instagram Shopping Operator Arrested By EFCC - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fake Instagram Shopping Operator Arrested By EFCC (477 Views)

Yahoo Boys And Yahoo Girls Arrested By EFCC In Port Harcourt / 6 Yahoo Boys Arrested by EFCC With 10 laptops, 17 Phones & a Car in Abuja (Pics / Togolese Baby Factory Operator Arrested In Lagos, 3 Kids Recovered (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

Fake Instagram Shopping Operator Arrested By EFCC by emefav: 6:16pm On Aug 11, 2017
A fraudster, Afolabi Ojo, who operates a fake Instagram shopping channel has been arrested by operatives of EFCC, Ibadan Offfice. 

Afolabi's arrest came after a complaint was laid sometime in June, 2017. The victim who was window shopping on Instagram, came across some slippers and shoes on a page “Best Classic Store” owned by one Kemisola with WhatsApp number 08106802815 displayed on the page. 

The victim further disclosed that the sum of N53,000 was paid for some items purchased on the online store (Best Classic), into an account purportedly owned by one Oyebola Olasunkanmi with account number 0027735703 domiciled in one of the first generation banks. 

Strangely thereafter, the suspect not only refused to deliver the goods, but went incommunicado. Hence, the suspect was reported to the EFCC. On arrest, Ojo who is also a  student of the Polytechnic, Ire, Osun State confessed to being the one posing as ‘Kemisola’ on Instagram, to deceive people especially ladies into patronizing him.

He said: “I do not have any goods. I only pose as a lady using the name ‘Kemisola’ with the handle “Best Classic Store” on Instagram. Some of the items I used to display for sale include female shoes, slippers, hand bags and wallet. After I have lured my victim to pay, I will disable him from my chat so that he can no longer reach me”.

The suspect will be charged to court as soon as investigation is concluded. Meanwhile, members of the public are advised to be cautious when buying goods online as not to fall victim of phony online stores with heinous motives

http://www.lailasblog.com/fake-instagram-shopping-operator-efcc-net/

Lalasticlala
Re: Fake Instagram Shopping Operator Arrested By EFCC by taylor88(m): 6:16pm On Aug 11, 2017
Afolabi = Afonja

likes of dammy crane

ndi ohi

Re: Fake Instagram Shopping Operator Arrested By EFCC by MhizzAJ(f): 6:21pm On Aug 11, 2017
This is bad
Re: Fake Instagram Shopping Operator Arrested By EFCC by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 11, 2017
My fellow skull miners. Don't mind the rich igbos
we are hard working thieves - Awo

Re: Fake Instagram Shopping Operator Arrested By EFCC by gbzed(m): 7:49pm On Aug 11, 2017
The guy dull
Re: Fake Instagram Shopping Operator Arrested By EFCC by yetty247(f): 2:49pm On Aug 12, 2017
gbzed:
The guy dull

How
Re: Fake Instagram Shopping Operator Arrested By EFCC by gbzed(m): 4:28pm On Aug 12, 2017
yetty247:

How

He was not supposed to do such a stupif thing even if he wants to scam people it shouldn't have been fellow Nigerians, and and mumu was even giving them his account name and number, so he thought no one was going to report him or track him,
Re: Fake Instagram Shopping Operator Arrested By EFCC by gbzed(m): 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2017
yetty247:

How

He was not supposed to do such a stupid thing even if he wants to scam people it shouldn't have been fellow Nigerians, and and mumu was even giving them his account name and number, so he thought no one was going to report him or track him, he should have looked fo one geeboi to teach him confirm scam that can yield good money, the money is not even upto a hudnred thousand naira, if it was millions of naira now he could have bribed his way out we are Nigerians.

You are free to quote me

Nigeria Arrest 8 Chinese Citizens For Illegal Minning / Woman Cries Out After Finding Maggot In Her Chicken At A Wedding / Pregnant Nigerian Woman And Her Unborn Baby Beaten To Death By Husband, Buried