Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

18-YR-OLD NKECHI CHIDI-OGBOLU BECOMES YOUNGEST GRADUATE FROM US UNIVERSITY - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 18-YR-OLD NKECHI CHIDI-OGBOLU BECOMES YOUNGEST GRADUATE FROM US UNIVERSITY (3337 Views)

Meet 18-Year-Old Daniel Obaji, The Youngest Graduate In NYU Abu Dhabi / Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 / Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Meets Governor El-Rufai (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

18-YR-OLD NKECHI CHIDI-OGBOLU BECOMES YOUNGEST GRADUATE FROM US UNIVERSITY by Kashbwoyjnr: 7:13pm On Aug 11, 2017
18-year old Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu has made history as the youngest person to graduate from Howard University this year and this also makes her one of the youngest in Howard’s history.

Nkechinyere just graduated summa cum laude from Howard University with a degree in chemical engineering and she’s starting her Ph.D. program at the University of California-Davis after summer.

She will be studying biomedical engineering with a focus on creating and discovering new medicines.

Nkechinyere told USA Today that she has always been the youngest person in her classes as she finished high school at 14, skipped 5th grade and attended an accelerated high school.

She left Nigeria for America after high school, and enrolled full-time at Howard University.

Nkechinyere credited her family’s support for her ability to cope with her new surroundings.

“I spoke to my mom almost every day on the phone — for over an hour almost every time. My dad and I talked really often too. Talking to them definitely helped sometimes when things were overwhelming. My support system was a very big part of why I was able to stay very grounded during the whole journey.”

Many of her extended family members live in U.S, including an aunt who lived not far from her dorm, and other family members in Texas and Alabama.

Advising teens like her, she said: “Don’t limit yourself because you think you can’t do it or because no one you know had done it. You can always be the exception to the rule and end up being exceptional.”

Source -http://www.thebiafra.com/2017/08/18-yr-old-biafras-nkechi-chidi-ogbolu.html

Re: 18-YR-OLD NKECHI CHIDI-OGBOLU BECOMES YOUNGEST GRADUATE FROM US UNIVERSITY by immortalcrown(m): 7:14pm On Aug 11, 2017
O si na chi!

Re: 18-YR-OLD NKECHI CHIDI-OGBOLU BECOMES YOUNGEST GRADUATE FROM US UNIVERSITY by swiz123(m): 7:16pm On Aug 11, 2017
She is one of the immediate future of biafra...
Long live biafrans!!!!!
Re: 18-YR-OLD NKECHI CHIDI-OGBOLU BECOMES YOUNGEST GRADUATE FROM US UNIVERSITY by SUPERPACK: 7:26pm On Aug 11, 2017
IPOB youths right nw

Re: 18-YR-OLD NKECHI CHIDI-OGBOLU BECOMES YOUNGEST GRADUATE FROM US UNIVERSITY by Kashbwoyjnr: 7:59pm On Aug 11, 2017
Mods this fp material Richiez Fynestboi olawalebabs lalasticlala Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

NYSC: Six (6) Reasons Why You Should Not Serve In The North / Whatsapp Group For ABU ZARIA Applicants / Universities And Their Catchment Areas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.