Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,752 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. (7623 Views)

A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by mikeolu1: 7:35pm On Aug 11, 2017
October 1, 2017 TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS IN NIGERIA Re: Local Needs For the Week of October 16-22
Dear Brothers:
The mid-week meeting for the week of October 16-22 has a 15 minute local needs part regarding donations that includes a video on ways to contribute electronically. During that part, the following information should be conveyed to the congregation.
Please stress that regularity is very important when contributing. Some 20 years after Pentecost of 33 C.E., the apostle Paul reminds the Corinth congregation about the need for a certain contribution. “Now concerning the collection that is for the holy ones, just as I gave orders to the congregations of Galatia, do that way also yourselves,” he writes. Then he adds a piece of advice: “Every first day of the week let each of you at his own house set something aside in store as he may be prospering, so that when I arrive collections will not take place then. But when I get there, whatever men you approve of by letters, these I shall send to carry your kind gift to Jerusalem.” The resolving of how much to give appears to have included the whole family, whether rich or poor, because it was to take place at their “own house.”—1 Corinthians 16:1-3.

Paul’s suggestion on the manner of contributing can be applied by congregation members today. How? Regularity is the key. If your congregation is to pay the monthly rent and maintenance expenses of your meeting place or Kingdom Hall, it will take “contributing, not so much the amount, but the regularity of setting something aside each week or month for Kingdom interests,” writes the branch office in Peru. Does this idea appeal to you? Even children can be taught to appreciate how regularity in contributing is part of their worship.

We all regularly set aside money for school fees, food, rent and other necessities. How much more important it is to do so for kingdom interests. Taking advantage of whichever way is most convenient for us personally, whether electronically or by using the contribution box in our local Kingdom Hall, regularity in contribution will help us to put true worship first in our lives.
As we wish you Jehovah’s rich blessing on your efforts, please be assured of our Christian love and best wishes.
Your brothers,

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by mikeolu1: 7:44pm On Aug 11, 2017
Re: Letter to Missionaries, special pioneers and pioneers
Need in the field-training others.

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by Lightning07(m): 1:09am On Aug 12, 2017
For someone who is no longer interested in being a jw you seem keenly aware and updated with day to day running of the organisation. Don't sit on the fence bro it's either in or out. Don't let sentiments keep you from doing the right thing

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by mikeolu1: 3:50pm On Aug 12, 2017
Lightning07:
For someone who is no longer interested in being a jw you seem keenly aware and updated with day to day running of the organisation. Don't sit on the fence bro it's either in or out. Don't let sentiments keep you from doing the right thing
These letters are all over the internet. I am not the leaker.
It's coming from high at the top. Many up there are fed up with the whole crap and want to wake people up. But jw are deep sleepers who are difficult to wake.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by achorladey: 9:46pm On Aug 12, 2017
mikeolu1:

These letters are all over the internet. I am not the leaker.
It's coming from high at the top. Many up there are fed up with the whole crap and want to wake people up. But jw are deep sleepers who are difficult to wake.
A link to the website address will be just fine. So we all can source from there as well.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by achorladey: 9:53pm On Aug 12, 2017
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT do Delilah, Absalom, and Judas Iscariot have in common? They were all disloyal—Delilah to the man who loved her, Judge Samson; Absalom to his father, King David; Judas to his Master, Christ Jesus. In each case, their deplorable actions wreaked havoc on others! But why should this be of concern to us?
A modern-day author lists betrayal among today’s most common vices. That is to be expected. When giving the sign of “the conclusion of the system of things,” Jesus said: “Many . . . will betray one another.” ( Matt. 24:3, 10 ) “To betray” means “to give up to, or place in the power of an enemy, by treachery or disloyalty.” Such a lack of loyalty confirms that we are living in “the last days” when, Paul foretold, people would be “disloyal, . . . betrayers.” ( 2 Tim. 3:1, 2, 4 ) Even though authors and screenwriters often dramatize and romanticize treacherous acts in literature and in the movies, in real life disloyalty and betrayal cause pain and suffering. Indeed, such acts are an ominous sign of the times!
What lessons can we learn from the Bible about those who were disloyal in the past? What examples of people who proved their devotion to others can we imitate? And to whom must we remain steadfast in our loyalty?

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by mikeolu1: 6:03am On Aug 13, 2017
achorladey:
WHAT do Delilah, Absalom, and Judas Iscariot have in common? They were all disloyal—Delilah to the man who loved her, Judge Samson; Absalom to his father, King David; Judas to his Master, Christ Jesus. In each case, their deplorable actions wreaked havoc on others! But why should this be of concern to us?
A modern-day author lists betrayal among today’s most common vices. That is to be expected. When giving the sign of “the conclusion of the system of things,” Jesus said: “Many . . . will betray one another.” ( Matt. 24:3, 10 ) “To betray” means “to give up to, or place in the power of an enemy, by treachery or disloyalty.” Such a lack of loyalty confirms that we are living in “the last days” when, Paul foretold, people would be “disloyal, . . . betrayers.” ( 2 Tim. 3:1, 2, 4 ) Even though authors and screenwriters often dramatize and romanticize treacherous acts in literature and in the movies, in real life disloyalty and betrayal cause pain and suffering. Indeed, such acts are an ominous sign of the times!
What lessons can we learn from the Bible about those who were disloyal in the past? What examples of people who proved their devotion to others can we imitate? And to whom must we remain steadfast in our loyalty?
Not loyalty to a governing body, but to god.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by mikeolu1: 6:07am On Aug 13, 2017
achorladey:

A link to the website address will be just fine. So we all can source from there as well.
http://avoidjw.org/en/publications/letters-2015/
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by Hairyrapunzel: 11:45am On Aug 13, 2017
achorladey:

Stop spreading false teaching. At least the bible never said it is disloyalty if you don't agree with imperfect gb members non scriptural teaching.

A modern-day author lists betrayal among today’s most common vices.

Which of the modern day author? I Hope the author isn't a worldly person? And I don't see why Jehovah's people should quote a worldly authors phrase.

That is to be expected. When giving the sign of “the conclusion of the system of things,” Jesus said: “Many . . . will betray one another.” ( Matt. 24:3, 10 )

Fear did not allow you quote the whole chapter or phrase, because you no that you must misquote the bible. Jesus wasn't referring to watchtower organization. Why the dot dot dot you should fill in the blank space

To betray” means “to give up to, or place in the power of an enemy, by treachery or disloyalty.” Such a lack of loyalty confirms that we are living in “the last days” when, Paul foretold, people would be “disloyal, . . . betrayers.” ( 2 Tim. 3:1, 2, 4 )

You people claim that you have the best life ever yet you beg people not to give up. What an irony. Continue misquoting verses. The verses still don't refer to watchtower organization. Read the verse very well. It doesn't refer to people leaving an organization because 7 men in new York make laws that are non bible blical which must be obeyed or else they be punished if they do otherwise.

Even though authors and screenwriters often dramatize and romanticize treacherous acts in literature and in the movies, in real life disloyalty and betrayal cause pain and suffering. Indeed, such acts are an ominous sign of the times!

Is it the pain and suffering your Jehovah will inflict on people who don't believe in the imperfect men's aka gb teaching because they are non biblical? Laws Jesus or God didn't make yet people are forced to obey laws made and formulated by imperfect men mtchewww.

Jeremiah 23:16 “
This is what the LORD Almighty says: “Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the LORD.

Interesting as your truth always changes saying it's new light and the past false now old light. Saying 1975 was going to be the beginning of the new system shows that your organization is not directed by God as it claims. Your organization thrives on propaganda.

What lessons can we learn from the Bible about those who were disloyal in the past?

Lessons from people who were disloyal to the non biblical teaching of 7 men in new York or people who where not loyal to an organization's rules and regulations?

What examples of people who proved their devotion to others can we imitate? And to whom must we remain steadfast in our loyalty?

The bible never said we should show loyalty to any organization headed by 7 imperfect men in new York. And the bible never said that if we don't show them loyalty we will die in Armageddon.

Therefore Christians should show loyalty to only Jesus and not to an organization whose leaders are 7 imperfect men in new York aka gb who require unwavering loyalty from its followers.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by mikeolu1: 3:03pm On Aug 13, 2017
August 1, 2017 TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS Re: Using and Maintaining Kingdom Halls

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2fYNzAbUpqFSkVsUkFCYXRaRW8/view?usp=sharing

More letters to boe
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by mikeolu1: 3:05pm On Aug 13, 2017
March 22, 2017 TO ALL CONVENTION COMMITTEES Re: Discontinuation of Physical Distribution of Convention Releases

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2fYNzAbUpqFMDY0TXpGeHVQakk/view?usp=sharing
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by mikeolu1: 3:07pm On Aug 13, 2017
June 27, 2017 TO ALL CONGREGATIONS Re: Donations to Regional Conventions Using jw.org
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2fYNzAbUpqFbGJiWFhHZW1rM28/view?usp=sharing
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by mikeolu1: 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2017
S-61-E Elder checklist for C.O. visit

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by achorladey: 4:30pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Stop spreading false teaching. At least the bible never said it is disloyalty if you don't agree with imperfect gb members non scriptural teaching.

Which of the modern day author? I Hope the author isn't a worldly person? And I don't see why Jehovah's people should quote a worldly authors phrase.

Fear did not allow you quote the whole chapter or phrase, because you no that you must misquote the bible. Jesus wasn't referring to watchtower organization. Why the dot dot dot you should fill in the blank space

You people claim that you have the best life ever yet you beg people not to give up. What an irony. Continue misquoting verses. The verses still don't refer to watchtower organization. Read the verse very well. It doesn't refer to people leaving an organization because 7 men in new York make laws that are non bible blical which must be obeyed or else they be punished if they do otherwise.

Is it the pain and suffering your Jehovah will inflict on people who don't believe in the imperfect men's aka gb teaching because they are non biblical? Laws Jesus or God didn't make yet people are forced to obey laws made and formulated by imperfect men mtchewww.

Jeremiah 23:16 “
This is what the LORD Almighty says: “Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the LORD.

Interesting as your truth always changes saying it's new light and the past false now old light. Saying 1975 was going to be the beginning of the new system shows that your organization is not directed by God as it claims. Your organization thrives on propaganda.

Lessons from people who were disloyal to the non biblical teaching of 7 men in new York or people who where not loyal to an organization's rules and regulations?

The bible never said we should show loyalty to any organization headed by 7 imperfect men in new York. And the bible never said that if we don't show them loyalty we will die in Armageddon.

Therefore Christians should show loyalty to only Jesus and not to an organization whose leaders are 7 imperfect men in new York aka gb who require unwavering loyalty from its followers.
You are among those what I post concern. Pele tie..........
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by achorladey: 4:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
mikeolu1:
They Post concern you too. Pele tie.............
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by Hairyrapunzel: 5:02pm On Aug 13, 2017
achorladey:

You are among those what I post concern. Pele tie..........

Why do you like threatening your church members with end times being near?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by achorladey: 5:07pm On Aug 13, 2017
mikeolu1:

http://avoidjw.org/en/publications/letters-2015/
let me help on what your source want you to do with the material,
The mission of AvoidJW.org is to analyze the beliefs, customs and doctrine of Jehovah’s Witnesses and present it logically and honestly to our readers so that they can become more informed about this religion. AvoidJW.org educates it readers so that they can determine for themselves if Jehovah’s Witnesses are truly a religion that represents God, or if it is a corrupt sect or a family-destroying cult.
So when presenting your materials you will still have to allow those interested in your post decide what to do with it.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by achorladey: 5:10pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Why do you like threatening your church members with end times being near?
Did I just see the word ''threatening''. If you cannot decipher my post. Don't bother to respond. What you typed initially had zero bearing on what that post is all about.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by achorladey: 5:28pm On Aug 13, 2017
mikeolu1:

August 1, 2017 TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS Re: Using and Maintaining Kingdom Halls

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2fYNzAbUpqFSkVsUkFCYXRaRW8/view?usp=sharing

More letters to boe
What can I do but laugh, you are not different from the individual that hand over the materials to those numerous websites such as (avoid jw.org). Are you?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by achorladey: 5:34pm On Aug 13, 2017
mikeolu1:
I thought it should be to the Devil. Smh
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by Hairyrapunzel: 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2017
achorladey:

What can I do but laugh, you are not different from the individual that hand over the materials to those numerous websites such as (avoid jw.org). Are you?

It is called creating awareness. They are all human beings who want people to know what the Jehovah witness religion is all about. Are you afraid of the website?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by Hairyrapunzel: 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2017
achorladey:

I thought it should be to the Devil. Smh

So your loyalty is to 7 imperfect men in new York? How do those men even get to know they are your Jehovah's mouthpiece sef?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by achorladey: 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

So your loyalty is to 7 imperfect men in new York? How do those men even get to know they are your Jehovah's mouthpiece sef?
You need directions to where the headquarters is? Make use of the Google maps. When you get there display the question right in there face.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by achorladey: 7:21pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

It is called creating awareness. They are all human beings who want people to know what the Jehovah witness religion is all about. Are you afraid of the website?
AFRAID!!!! why should I? Your eyes no see my previous post about the websites that also feeds on the jw.org to continue there survival. I can't stop laughing.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by Hairyrapunzel: 7:22pm On Aug 13, 2017
achorladey:

You need directions to where the headquarters is? Make use of the Google maps.

So you don't even know smh
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by achorladey: 7:24pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

So you don't even know smh
You are looking for another thing to feed on, Pele oooo I don't have a website like those you relied heavily upon.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by Hairyrapunzel: 7:32pm On Aug 13, 2017
achorladey:

AFRAID!!!! why should I? Your eyes no see my previous post about the websites that also feeds on the jw.org to continue there survival. I can't stop laughing.

Every website feeds on something. Your jw.org feeds on propaganda to continue their survival too. Eg Armageddon is fast approaching since 1879 join us or you will be murdered by our Jehovah. Christendom is false religion and all their followers will be slaughtered by our Jehovah because they refused to follow the bible interpretation of our imperfect gb.
You see you feed on other religions too.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by Hairyrapunzel: 7:44pm On Aug 13, 2017
achorladey:

You are looking for another thing to feed on, Pele oooo I don't have a website like those you relied heavily upon.

Like you feed on lies about Christendom. Acholardey man must feed on something even you. Like you now you feed on the lies told by your gb that all worldly people are drug addicts or rapists or murderers etc that they are bad association except you are trying to convert them.
Just chill we are doing the same thing. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

I don't have to rely on your website I will feed on Your attitude
towards former church members
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by achorladey: 8:01pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Every website feeds on something. Your jw.org feeds on propaganda to continue their survival too. Eg Armageddon is fast approaching since 1879 join us or you will be murdered by our Jehovah. Christendom is false religion and all their followers will be slaughtered by our Jehovah because they refused to follow the bible interpretation of our imperfect gb.
You see you feed on other religions too.
Hahahahaha
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by mikeolu1: 8:02pm On Aug 13, 2017
achorladey:

No. I am not.
The website is visited and updated by Jehovah's witnesses who want to create awareness to the world about what's going on in the organization
This is how the world knows about the thousands of child molestation going on within the org.
If everyone keeps quiet, many more will suffer.
Below is GB Jackson at the commission. No jw was told this happened, but thanks to the internet and some brothers in bethel, we can now see the testimony the brother gave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu6X1YU6YYI
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by achorladey: 8:02pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Like you feed on lies about Christendom. Acholardey man must feed on something even you. Like you now you feed on the lies told by your gb that all worldly people are drug addicts or rapists or murderers etc that they are bad association except you are trying to convert them.
Just chill we are doing the same thing. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

I don't have to rely on your website I will feed on Your attitude
towards former church members
The difference is clear Hahahahaha Hahahahaha
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. by achorladey: 8:06pm On Aug 13, 2017
mikeolu1:

No. I am not.
The website is visited and updated by Jehovah's witnesses who want to create awareness to the world about what's going on in the organization
This is how the world know about the thousands of child molestation going on within the org.
If everyone keeps quiet, many more will suffer
Thanks for responding to the post. Keep to the mission statement of one of your favourite websites as typed in my previous post.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blogs Of Ex-members Of Christ Embassy Church? / SEX SCANDAL: Husband Writes Bishop Oyedepo, 'your Pastor Has Snatched My Wife' / How Many Of Billions Of Christians On Earth Do You Think Would Make Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.