Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

I Found My Story On One Rogue Site - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Found My Story On One Rogue Site (679 Views)

Can Anyone Suggest Some Erotic,d**k Rising Story On Nairaland / Kanu: The Journal Of A Rogue / Scarlet: A Short Story On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Found My Story On One Rogue Site by Beosten(m): 12:08am On Aug 12, 2017
I googled my story and found it on one rogue site. How can I stop this?
Re: I Found My Story On One Rogue Site by emmanwandud(m): 12:11am On Aug 12, 2017
Report the site to google. With proof of your works as the original owner and watch as google takes the site down.
Re: I Found My Story On One Rogue Site by Beosten(m): 12:26am On Aug 12, 2017
emmanwandud:
Report the site to google. With proof of your works as the original owner and watch as google takes the site down.

That site has no report button.
Re: I Found My Story On One Rogue Site by kayo80(m): 9:08am On Aug 12, 2017
That's the thing, once a story makes it to front page, thousands of bloggers lift the story and put on their blogs. I am experiencing same thing with my three stories that have hit front page. But i am not that worried...it is more publicity for me. I would only take action if i found out people are selling my stories.
Re: I Found My Story On One Rogue Site by Beosten(m): 11:13am On Aug 12, 2017
kayo80:
That's the thing, once a story makes it to front page, thousands of bloggers lift the story and put on their blogs. I am experiencing same thing with my three stories that have hit front page. But i am not that worried...it is more publicity for me. I would only take action if i found out people are selling my stories.

But the site doesn't acknowledge the original writer.
Re: I Found My Story On One Rogue Site by Frankenstein: 11:54am On Aug 12, 2017
Beosten:

Authors: Report Plagiarism to Google
If you've found someone copying your content without your permission and publishing it to the Web, use Google's spam report form to try to get the copied pages removed from Google's search engine index.

1. Use either PlagiarismChecker.com or Google to do a Google search for the plagiarized material. Keep the search results page open.
2. Find the Google search box at the top of the search results page. Click inside the box and hit control-A to select all of the text. Hit control-C to copy the text to the clipboard.

3. Go to Google's spam report form http://www.google.com/contact/spamreport.html and paste the copied text into the box labeled, "Exact query that shows a problem."

4. Go back to the search results page and copy the text from the address bar. This is the line that starts with "http://"

5. Go to the spam report form and paste the copied text into the box labeled, "Resulting Google page that shows problem".

6. Go back to the search results page and click on the search result that shows plagiarism of your work.

7. Copy the text from the address bar. This is the line that starts with "http://".

8. Go to the spam report form and paste the copied text into the box labeled, "The specific web page or site that is misbehaving."

9. In the "Additional Details" box, write a short description of your problem to Google. Make it clear that you are describing an instance of plagiarism.

10. Click the Submit button.

1 Like

Re: I Found My Story On One Rogue Site by kayo80(m): 11:56am On Aug 12, 2017
Beosten:

Whoa! That is really bad then. Most of the sites i see my stories on have my name attached to the story.

(1) (Reply)

Where Are The Poets? Write Something About This Picture / Why We Blame Ourself When We Screwed Up / Elie Wiesel: A Phenomenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.