Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months (6707 Views)

Naira Value Drops At Both Parallel Market And I&E FX Window / I&e Forex Window Attracts $1.9bn In 5 Days / Naira Depreciates Further On Investors FX Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by Truth234(m): 5:10am On Aug 12, 2017
The importers’ and exporters’ (I&E) foreign exchange (FX) window introduced by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) about four months ago has attracted $4 billion from foreign investors between April and now, the Bankers’ Committee disclosed Thursday.

This is a $1.8 billion growth over the $2.2 billion recorded in June. The window also posted a single transaction of $240 million on August 1, 2017.

Addressing reporters in Abuja Thursday at the end of its 34th meeting, the Bankers’ Committee said the economy was on the recovery path and on the verge of exiting the recession, going by various indicators.

The Director, Banking Supervision of the CBN, Mr. Ahmed Abdullahi; Managing Director, Union Bank of Nigeria Plc, Mr. Emeka Emuwa; Managing Director, FSDH, Mrs. Hamba Amba; and Executive Director, Standard Chartered Bank, Mrs. Mobola Faleye, addressed the press.

The committee noted that the FX market has continued to record positive gains, with the various exchange rates in the market nearing convergence.

Speaking on the I&E window, Amba recalled that the CBN set up the window in April, adding: “And it was very interesting that when we were going through the meeting today (Thursday), the fact was given to us that so far the volume of the trading that had gone on in that window was about $4 billion and that is quite a good number.”

“It shows that the banks have done a lot of rallying. It shows that the banks have been resilient. It shows that the banks have contributed largely in bringing in FDIs as much as possible into the market.

“In fact, there was a single ticket that was done on August 1, a transaction of $240 million. So we think that things will be looking up and we are quite hopeful that things are going in the right direction,” the FSDH chief executive stated.

She added that one of the areas that had also given the committee cause for optimism on the economy was the Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI), which has consistently been over 50 in recent months.

“The Purchasing Managers’ Index is an indicator of the economic health of the manufacturing sector. The PMI is based on five major indicators: new orders, inventory levels, production, supplier deliveries, and the employment environment month after.

“And most of these indicators have trended up in recent months, indicating that the economy is on the path of recovery and will exit the recession soon,” she said.

In his remarks, Emuwa disclosed that the Nigerian lenders would soon commence the disbursement of N26 billion pooled from banks’ profits after tax in 2015 for the Agricultural, Small and Medium Enterprises Equity Fund that was launched late last year.

He said the Bankers’ Committee also inaugurated the board of the fund, comprising the chief executives of Zenith, Guaranty Trust, Access, First and Unity Banks.

The board, Emuwa added, would meet to choose its chairman and urged prospective beneficiaries to meet their banks for the disbursement guidelines.

He also said a project committee had been set up, adding that the fund would be disbursed to beneficiaries in the form of equity and not as loans.

http://investorsking.com/cbn-ie-fx-window-attracts-4bn-three-months/

4 Likes

Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by Amoto94(m): 7:20am On Aug 12, 2017
Good development

3 Likes

Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by Ishilove: 7:41am On Aug 12, 2017
Truth234, good job

4 Likes

Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by veekid(m): 7:42am On Aug 12, 2017

mods are on the right path this early morning
Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by brainpulse: 7:42am On Aug 12, 2017
A very good one and we can do more and better. Only the children of idiots&pigs will not go out work and take advantage of this positive strides, expecting food to appear on their tables and complaints.

When you follow and monitor these index, it helps you in your fluid investments, knowing when to increase, or move some to where it will yield for better interests.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by holatin(m): 7:43am On Aug 12, 2017
In his remarks, Emuwa disclosed
that the Nigerian lenders would
soon commence the disbursement
of N26 billion pooled from banks’
profits after tax in 2015 for the
Agricultural, Small and Medium
Enterprises Equity Fund that was
launched late last year.

if the bolded statement can really be impacted and fulfil then they deserve a kudos since na era of unfulfilled promise we dey.

3 Likes

Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by KingLennon(m): 7:44am On Aug 12, 2017
Good news but there's no need this money won't be put into sectors that can provide for the youths. Recession and APC government be like

1 Like

Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by FemiEddy(m): 7:45am On Aug 12, 2017
Good
Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by Evergreen4(m): 7:45am On Aug 12, 2017
$$$$$$$$, any effect on our economy ?
Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by KingLennon(m): 7:45am On Aug 12, 2017
holatin:
bnk
Let me help you 'Bank' grin....

2 Likes

Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by feelgoodstuffs(m): 7:47am On Aug 12, 2017
This is what we want to hear
Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by MrGreenMavro: 7:47am On Aug 12, 2017
nice
Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by holatin(m): 7:47am On Aug 12, 2017
KingLennon:
Tt
its spelt as TITI not TT.

go school you no go go
Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 12, 2017
Good...
Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by LoveJesus87(m): 7:48am On Aug 12, 2017
I
Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by holatin(m): 7:49am On Aug 12, 2017
KingLennon:

Let me help you 'Bank' grin....
hahahah I did it to you too. check ur mention
Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by cinoedhunter: 7:51am On Aug 12, 2017
I need back $1 - #200

1 Like

Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by brainpulse: 7:51am On Aug 12, 2017
Evergreen4:
Dont be waiting on it before it affects the economy, study it and take advantage of it so that it will affect your own pocket economy positively.

1 Like

Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by Nuelonyi: 7:51am On Aug 12, 2017
Nice one but could that reflect on our crippled economy?
Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by Flashmove: 7:53am On Aug 12, 2017
Okay , We are observing , who counted the money?
Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by dheespectre: 7:53am On Aug 12, 2017
Imagine a world where you can power your air conditioner, fridge,microwave, pumping and washing machine, iron, hotplate,kettle etc without fear of paying too much electricity bill, a world where you cut down your electricity tariff and fuel consumption by 50% with a device called Power beta. Knowledge is power and whoever has Power Beta has a knowledge of how to reduce fuel consumption, prepaid meter card consumption and inverter battery consumption by 35% and 50%. Power beta is designed to reduce energy consumption of your home appliances ( Compressors,element and motor powered) by 35% and 50%. 50% for element appliances and 35% for appliances that uses compressor or motor. Power Beta enable you power all appliances that has compressor, element or motor from 1000
watts to 3000watts or 1horse power to 2.5 horse power appliances (Air conditioner, pumping machine,washing machine,refrigerator, deep freezer,hair dryer, pressing iron, electric kettle, hotplate ,pop corn machine, shawarma machine, microwave, electric sewing machine etc) with any Generator,inverter or prepaid meter(even i pass my neighbour 650va gen) safely. How to use: After starting your generator or inverter, plug the power Beta to your wall socket then plug your appliances(Air conditioner, pumping machine,refridgerator, deep freezer,hair dryer, pressing iron, electric kettle, hotplate etc) to the power beta. It is user friendly. Do not plug an extension to the power beta .It has 1year warranty,although you will use it for over 5years. Power Beta reduces the burden on your power source (gen,inverter or Prepaid meter) it also helps your gen or inverter to power your heavy appliances by reducing the energy consumption of your appliances without altering the performance. With POWER BETA you don't have a problem with the increasing electricity tariff, while the power tariff is going up, POWER BETA is helping you cut it down. If you are paying 1000 Naira for prepaid card monthly and PHCN decide to increase it to 2000 Naira , others will pay 2000 Naira but with POWER BETA, you will still pay 1000 Naira monthly because you are using the same appliances but a reduced power consumption by your appliances with the help of POWER BETA. We have two types of Power Beta. 1:PB Solo: you can power your element appliances e.g pressing iron,electric kettle,hotplate,toasting machine,electric cooker,cway machine, hair dryer etc with 950va generator (I pass my neighbour gen) ,1kva inverter or any gen safely. 2:PB Mega: You can power your 1horse power, 1.5 horse power air conditioner, refridgerator, deep Freezer, pumping and washing machine etc and all other compressor or motor powered equipments with your 2.5kva gen or inverter. Power Beta won an award at Nescafe get started 2014 as the best innovative product in west and central Africa. Search for winner of nescafe get started 2014 on google. Gone are the days when you wait for Nepa or PHCN before you use your Home appliances.

N5500

0811-9387235

Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by KingLennon(m): 7:53am On Aug 12, 2017
holatin:
its spell as TITI not TT.
go school you no go go
So pesin no fit play with you gringrin...

2 Likes

Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by verygudbadguy(m): 7:55am On Aug 12, 2017
holatin:
its spell as TITI not TT.

go school you no go go
Spelt
Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by holatin(m): 7:58am On Aug 12, 2017
verygudbadguy:
Spelt
typing fast no jare, even spell no sound well for ear
Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by Davindal(m): 7:59am On Aug 12, 2017
NONSENSE!

1 Like

Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by Truth234(m): 7:59am On Aug 12, 2017
Evergreen4:

Yes, inflation has adjusted from almost 19 percent increase rate to 16.10 percent. Foreign direct investment rose from a record low to aid dollar liquidity leading to surge in the manufacturing sector for fourth consecutive months and aid naira improvement.

Also, Nigerian stock exchange market climbed out of global worst performing equities to top best global performing stock markets within 9 months, gaining over 39 percent this year alone.

The economy is gradually recovering with a unique diversification strategy. Something the youths need to capitalize on.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by holatin(m): 7:59am On Aug 12, 2017
KingLennon:
So pesin no fit play with you gringrin...
is dat ow you use to do
Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by buJu234: 8:01am On Aug 12, 2017
That's good, but we the masses don't need those big big financial gramma now,

Just show us how it will reduced the cost of garri and making it happen, That's our major concern now...
Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by simtosul: 8:01am On Aug 12, 2017
We are going through a recession in Nigeria. This is the time to help someone out! Things are rough for a lot of people, even the ones one may think are rich or doing well. If you can help someone please do. This is the time to help your gateman pay his children's school fees. This is the time to give him some food items. This also goes for your maid, give her some transport money if she/ he isn't a live-in. Buy that colleague lunch. He or she is probably not dieting, they just can't afford it. Give some colleagues a lift even if to a certain point. Buy your friend petrol for their car and or generator. He's not walking because he wants to exercise. Give that Uncle or Auntie N10k, they're probably in dire circumstances hence they're ringing off your phone. Patronise farmers if you can. It's cheaper to get your goods from them. Eat more greens - they're cheaper. Don't go to people's houses expecting to be fed. It's rude and times are hard. Be thankful if they feed you, it's not easy for anyone. Give out you and your kids old clothes and shoes to people who truly need them. Pay an undergraduate's school fees. Recommend a good graduate if you know of a job opening. That may be the only way he or she can feed their parents and siblings. Let neighbours fetch water from you if you have a borehole. Feed a homeless child or person. You never know who you're helping. That might be the next Einstein. Pay someone's hospital bill, it could be life or death. You could literally be saving a life. We all know how prices have doubled. Some families may not have food on festival day, feed a family. Invite them over. People won't tell you what they're going through so be sensitive and see through the facade. If you live abroad and can spare some change for poorer family members please send it, it's no joke. Folks can barely feed daily. There are so many little things that can be done, please search your heart and be creative to come up with other ways you can give. Folks are hungry, angry and tired. Leave the government, we are the welfare system in Nigeria. None of these are compulsory please. It's just a way to help each other out. Do what you can. If you're already doing any of these and can afford to, then well done, if you can do more please do. Keep being kind. We are a very religious lot, this is the time to practice what we preach and the essence of every religion - love! The law of giving never ever fails, believe it or not! Show love to someone today, tomorrow! God bless you as you do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by emmabest2000(m): 8:07am On Aug 12, 2017
Davindal:
NONSENSE!

In every nonsense there's SENSE ,

Naira will be great again someday ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 12, 2017
KingLennon:
Good news but there's no need this money won't be put into sectors that can provide for the youths. Recession and APC government be like

Which youth? The ones ready to earn even " shame money" or the ones trying to fund their instagram image?

There aren't as many credit viable youth as it might appear.
Re: CBN I&E FX Window Attracts $4bn In Three Months by CARLOSZ: 8:44am On Aug 12, 2017
Amoto94:
Good development
I think the spaces for FTC and STC can be monetized for at least for 200-500 naira per spot.

It can generate revenue for our jobless first commenters (no insults intended)

This is how it can be done.

*when a person indicates interest in advertising on the spot, they agree on a price while the first commenter quotes the sponsored post, that way a first commenter can be making between 1-3k daily on NL (without tax)

What do you all think?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sterling Bank Plc Launches Specta, An Instant Lending Platform / Shipping Made Easy Dubai To Lagos / Trade On Www.betonmarkets.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.