Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Woman-driver Survives After Car Plunged From 7-storey Parking Lot (video) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Woman-driver Survives After Car Plunged From 7-storey Parking Lot (video) (517 Views)

Drunk Driver Urinates On Himself, Dozes Off After Car Accident In Lagos. Photos / Container Truck Fell Flat On A Car In Port Harcourt And Driver Survives (Photo) / PHOTOS: Woman Who Drowned After Car Plunged Into Lagos Lagoon Was Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman-driver Survives After Car Plunged From 7-storey Parking Lot (video) by wiloy2k8(m): 10:30am On Aug 12, 2017
This is the moment a car plunged seven storeys of city centre parking garage after the woman drove the car through 'retention wires' on the seventh floor, before it then hit a building opposite and plunged down.

The accident victim, Christi Bowmer

Police in Austin have released surveillance video showing a car plunging seven stories from a downtown parking garage and striking another vehicle as it lands in an alley.

The video released Thursday shows the car landing atop an SUV then rolling upside down onto the ground. Moments later, people run to help the driver escape.

Police say the July accident happened when the woman drove through retention wires on the seventh floor, hit a building across the street and plunged to the alley below.
The SUV's driver wasn't hurt. Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Services officials said at the time that the woman was treated at a hospital.

The driver, Christi Bowmer says she is still recovering after her car went crashing over the edge of the seventh floor of a downtown Austin parking garage.

Bowmer, who lives in Cedar Park, says the wires that serve as walls in the parking garage made her “freak out.”

“I realized that hey — there’s no barrier, there’s just four wires here. My foot slipped off the brake,” she said. “And I just went straight through the wires and hit the wall on the other side and I hit a gas line on the way down and I went seven stories down and it was horrific.”

Bowmer says she thought she was going to die when her BMW plunged to the alley of the Littlefield Garage, at 508 Brazos St., on July 13. “I thought it was over. I just want to say thank you to all those people who helped me.”

Last September, a sport utility vehicle plunged from the ninth floor of the same parking garage.

https://www.digestng.com/2017/08/12/terrifying-woman-driver-survives-after-car-plunged-from-7-storey-parking-lot-photosvideo/

Watch video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YvNdeAJHX8

Re: Woman-driver Survives After Car Plunged From 7-storey Parking Lot (video) by Jetjacky(m): 10:31am On Aug 12, 2017
What! ! shocked shocked
Re: Woman-driver Survives After Car Plunged From 7-storey Parking Lot (video) by SaintAlbert53: 10:57am On Aug 12, 2017
omg
Re: Woman-driver Survives After Car Plunged From 7-storey Parking Lot (video) by Stephenfowoyo(m): 11:00am On Aug 12, 2017
Thank God that you are safe
Re: Woman-driver Survives After Car Plunged From 7-storey Parking Lot (video) by DjAndroid: 11:09am On Aug 12, 2017
At times I begin to think Women should be banned from driving.

(1) (Reply)

Removed / Experience as a student in Moscow, Russia. / UK Masters Opportunity... Please Help, What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.