Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

How Can I Create A Webform On My Site? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Create A Webform On My Site? (824 Views)

I Need My Webform To Auto-send SMS To Mobile Numbers When Submitted / Help To Configure A Webform Code / Cms Drupal Xperts : Help Needed With Webform Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Create A Webform On My Site? by nickky25(m): 10:28am On Feb 15, 2010
Hello Fellow webmasters?

Am new into web design and Have created some good website online, but dont know how to create a web form on my sites. though am not a programmer and sometimes i use some free web form creator online like www.Response-o-matic.com, But am tired of their adverts and want something better.

Please can any webmaster here help me?
Regards,
Nickky.
Re: How Can I Create A Webform On My Site? by donline: 5:58pm On Feb 15, 2010
hello sir, i like yur belief.d only thing i can do is to collect money 4 d service i will renderĀ 
call 08035057766
Re: How Can I Create A Webform On My Site? by c7(m): 2:05am On Feb 16, 2010
Hey,
I don't actually knows what u mean about webform but i hope i'm right about my thought.
If you mean to have a registration form on your website,then i think u have 2 learn html form.BELOW IS AN EXAMPLE.
1)Lets say u want your form to collect data from a user such as:-
-username
-firstname.
-lastname.
-select password.
-verify password.
-a comment box.
2)u want the user to click a submit button which will take any of the following function:-
*submit user details to a PHP page. OR
*submit user details to an ASP page.
*triggers a javascript function
THEN
3)display a welcome page that addresses the user according to details submitted.
***THE HTML FORM CODE***
<form action='submit.php'method='post'onsubmit='check.js'>
<br/>
Choose Username:
<br/>
<input type='text'id='uname'/>
<br/>
Firstname:
<br/>
<input type='text'id='fname'/>
<br/>
Lastname:
<br/>
<input type='text'id='lname'/>
<br/>
New password:
<br/>
<input type='password'id='npword'/>
<br/>
Verify Password:
<br/>
<input type='password'id='vpword'/>
<br/>
Comments
<br/><textarea cols='8'rows='9'id='comment'>whatever u want to appear in d comment box should be here
</textarea><br/><input type='submit'value='continue'/></form>
i will post the php,javascript code soon. Hope this works.
Re: How Can I Create A Webform On My Site? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 20, 2010
@c++ men i like ur name ohhhhh
Re: How Can I Create A Webform On My Site? by Nobody: 1:32am On Feb 21, 2010
#include <stdio> what are you doing in webmasters? you need to help us decrypt this your code small,
it is scaring me, and i am sure the poster too is not finding it funny!
Re: How Can I Create A Webform On My Site? by c7(m): 7:56am On Feb 21, 2010
@Donpuzo,
Tanx 4 d compliment, but u know that's just a username.
@*dhtml:
#include<stdio> what are doing in webmasters?
Lol, I am here because I do feel webmasters and ofcourse to increase my knowledge.
You need to help us decrypt this your code small it is scaring me, and i am sure the poster too is not finding it funny!.
Tanxs 4 letting me know, i am on it and i will paste it in a short while.
Re: How Can I Create A Webform On My Site? by c7(m): 8:50am On Feb 21, 2010
**The HTML FORM Code**
<html><body>
<form action='submit.php'
method='post'
onsubmit='check.js'>
<br/>
Choose username:
<br/>
<input type='text'
name='uname'/>
<br/>
Firstname:
<br/>
<input type='text'
name='fname'/>
<br/>
Lastname:
<br/>
<input type='text'
name='lname'/>
<br/>
New Password:
<br/>
<input type='password'
name='npword'/>
<br/>
Comments:
<textarea cols='8'
rows='9'
name='comment'>
Whatever u want to appear in d comment box should be here.
</textarea>
<br/>
<input type='submit'
value='continue'/>
</form>

From the code above,you found some terms appearing several times such as:
1)name: this is element attribute which makes every tag to be d/f frm another, even though they have thesame tag name which in the other hand will make the php/javascript file to identify it.
In this example, I use the name attribute for two elements:
a)<input>
b)<textarea>

a)<input>: this element tells the browser that it needs an input depending on the attribute value(type)
-type: this is an input attribute which define what type of input should be available. We have the following type values:
*<input type='text'>
*<input type='password'>
*<input type='file'>
*<input type='radio'>
*<input type='checkbox'>
in this example i use 3 types of type attribute value:
*password: this makes the browser to identify that the input should be encypted as password.
*text: this makes the input to appear as a normal text.
*submit: this creates a submit button & tells the browser that the form should be submitted depending on the value of the <form> action attribute value.
Here the action attribute value of the form is 'submit.php'. Clicking on d submit button, it will send the content of the form to submit.php
b)<textarea>: this create a box in the form of a large input box. The size of the box is defined/created by the following two attributes:
*rows: this defines the width of the<textarea> element. In this example I use 9.
*cols: this defines the height of the <textarea> which in this example is 8.
Re: How Can I Create A Webform On My Site? by c7(m): 9:12am On Feb 21, 2010
N.B: Anything btw d <textarea> and </textarea> element will appear in the box b4 editing.
</textarea> is the closing tag for <textarea>, some element are empty i.e without closing tags such element you use the / sign b4 the > sign. E.g <br/>, <input type='text'/>.
2)<br/>: this tag is refer to as break, it makes the statement to move exactly one line below the current statement.
*dhtml, i hope d poster understand something
Re: How Can I Create A Webform On My Site? by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 21, 2010
that is better, because the poster seem to be a newbie. Next time try to wrap your codes with <quote></quote>

<html><body>
<form action='submit.php' method='post' onsubmit='check.js'><br/>
Choose username: <br/>
<input type='text' name='uname'/><br/>
Firstname: <br/>
<input type='text' name='fname'/><br/>
Lastname: <br/>
<input type='text' name='lname'/>
<br/>
New Password: <br/>
<input type='password'
name='npword'/>
<br/>
Comments:
<textarea cols='8' rows='9' name='comment'>Whatever u want to appear in d comment box should be here.</textarea>
<br/>
<input type='submit' value='continue'/>
</form>

i think there is a syntax error in the area highlighted red emboldened.
Re: How Can I Create A Webform On My Site? by c7(m): 12:26pm On Feb 21, 2010
@*dhtml,
Just tell me the syntax error because i can find not the highlighted red emboldness. Tanxs 4 ur advice

(1) (Reply)

Omnipotens **what's The Problem**? / Cbt Nuggets It Certfication Videos / End Of The Year Promo, Get A STANDARD Website For Just 20k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.