Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,446 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Why Did John Refer To Christians As Little Children - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did John Refer To Christians As Little Children (370 Views)

I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! / Miracle: Lion Saves Christians As They Are Being Attacked By Islamist Militants / Morality: Nairaland Christians As A Case Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Did John Refer To Christians As Little Children by STEVENcrack(m): 10:32am On Aug 13, 2017
i noticed in 1st and 2nd john believers were referredto as little children..my thoughts was that its bcoz of his old age as being the only disciple that wasn't martyred.though he thrown into hot boiling oil he defiled it by God's grace.

share you thoughts.
Re: Why Did John Refer To Christians As Little Children by Kobojunkie: 1:37am On Mar 08
STEVENcrack:
■ i noticed in 1st and 2nd john believers were referredto as little children..
■ my thoughts was that its bcoz of his old age as being the only disciple that wasn't martyred.though he thrown into hot boiling oil he defiled it by God's grace. share you thoughts.
Maybe John was merely parroting what Jesus Christ had said of those who are to come to Him.
13 Then the people brought their little children to Jesus so that he could lay his hands on them to bless them and pray for them. When the followers saw this, they told the people to stop bringing their children to him.
14 But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me. Don’t stop them, because God’s kingdom belongs to people who are like these children. - Matthew 19 vs 13 - 14

2. There is no evidence that John was ever thrown in boiling oil, nor is there evidence to back the claim that John was on exile on the island of Patmos. Those rumors, like many others regarding the martyrdom of the apostles, were instead spread by the religion of Christianity for dubious purposes. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Are You Wasting Time Being Patient? (enter Here) / It Is A ‘very Great Insult’ To God—pope On Barcelona Attack / Christians, Believers Pls Help Me Clarify These?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.