Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,085 members, 7,811,043 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Emotions As Pastor Rotimi Adalumo Of Living Faith Adebayo2 Bids Members Farewell - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Emotions As Pastor Rotimi Adalumo Of Living Faith Adebayo2 Bids Members Farewell (823 Views)

Today's Salary Vs Cost Of Living (Photo) / Faith Ogochukwu: A Nigerian Soldier Who Is A Rice Farmer (Photos) / Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Emotions As Pastor Rotimi Adalumo Of Living Faith Adebayo2 Bids Members Farewell by SharpmindsAC: 4:01pm On Aug 13, 2017
PASTOR ROTIMI ADALUMO CAME, SAW AND CONQUERED BY GOD!
...Jeremiah 3:15 fulfilled in the lives of LFC Adebayo2 members
By: OLABODE O. SAMUEL

Just like yesterday, precisely about two years, two months and two weeks ago came the news that our then Pastor had been transfered and we have another in the person of Pastor Rotimi Adalumo. To be candid and honest, we were so used to having Southerners and Easterners as our pastors (from time past), that we knew not what to make of him - nor his personality. We became more curious when we later learned that he's from Ekiti. This very Ekiti State? Huh Fingers crossed!

Finally, most of us could only meet him for the first time the following Sunday. Behold a tall, dark, handsome looking, spirit filled man of God standing before the worshippers, his style of delivering the message captivating and soul lifting. He continued a particular series of messages for the month of May, 2015, and it was an experience for as many that were present in that particular service. And I heard some say, this Pastor is loaded o!

He has been privileged to pastor bigger churches far larger than LFC Adebayo2, and as a matter of fact, he is well used to a larger congregation of people that he had a surprising look on his face when the service finally ended that Sunday. He must have been like: "are we done for the day for real?" Whereas, to we the worshippers, we had a wonderful service; to him? Yes, the service was wonderful but it could be better!

Little wonder, every member of LFC ADEBAYO2 was turned to an evangelist from then henceforth. I mean, Pastor Rotimi Adalumo is so zealous about evangelism that, the validity of everyone's membership is in his/her role in soul winning endeavours, especially, the Saturday morning outreaches. And to quote Papa, "I am not surprised that we're where we are today, I would have been surprised if we were not here!"

In the space of three months, the CHANGE AGENT'S impact was so glaringly obvious that virtually all aspects of the church (physically and spiritually) have experienced one transformation or the other. New generator; more chairs; new building for the children, fully furnished and equipped; general rebranding of the church building, even to the point of repainting! There are also a whole lot of practical miracles in which God Almighty wrought through His servant.

God's plan for LFC ADEBAYO2 is bigger than our former site at Similoluwa, and He, being the master planner so much designed our elevation to the next level in a mysterious way, especially, as Pastor Rotimi Adalumo (the goal getter), was the one in charge as at that point in time. It all started with a problem - we were given a quit notice where we were using with an ultimatum. "How possible?" was all some of us could ask. We never knew that, just as Joseph's case in the Bible, we were also being prepared for the next level.

Something led to something else and here we are out of 'Enitan' as Pastor Rotimi would call it, in a bigger auditorium, not just any auditorium, but the one being used by our mother church - LFC ADEBAYO1 beforehand, who have also been elevated to their permanent site!

Just as Pastor has desired, we became mega. I mean mega! A church of just 69 members (both children and adults) when he came in, now around 700 worshippers on Sundays as he's leaving. That's above 1000%! A whopping result of diligence, dedication, zeal and God's grace upon his life! What more shall I say of the various miracles now synonymous to the church? Talk of a place to receive divine healing, talk of LFC ADEBAYO2; are you looking for a place where they don't cast their young? Come to LFC ADEBAYO2... There's even quite an interesting one: our pregnant women don't go to the labour room, they rather go to the delivery room!

Also, most of us singles when he came around are now married. For someone like myself, I didn't carry his first year in our midst over that I got hooked to my beautiful wife! Also, most of our graduates and corpers can testify to it that LFC ADEBAYO2 is a place to get one's miracle job! And speaking of corpers, our church has become their place of worship as Pastor Rotimi would rather stay awake devising ways to get them fixed (job-wise) than to have them stranded. Little wonder they are always exempted from the trauma of Nigeria's labour market because for them, it is the favour market!

Dear Pastor, it was shocking when we heard that you have been transferred. And as a matter of fact, and perhaps we are being too selfish, we, or may I say, I never considered it would come this 'early' as I am not just prepared for it (I wonder if I have ever been though). And just as you have prayed for us that we shall do great exploits and that your successor would do greater things than you have done, we say a big AMEN but, we also want you to know that, our memory of you will linger forever! You have left a big shoe which would be difficult for anyone to fill... We love you and wish you great success in your new station!

Olabode O. Samuel - SHARPMINDS (1stsharpminds@gmail.com) is the Church pianist. He is a Youth Advocate and Social Reformer. He is also an arrowhead in the ongoing YOUTH sociopolitical Revolution in Nigeria.

1 Share

Re: Emotions As Pastor Rotimi Adalumo Of Living Faith Adebayo2 Bids Members Farewell by sayhi2bammy(m): 5:46pm On Aug 13, 2017
I will indeed miss him.....

(1) (Reply)

10 Grammar Checker/correction Tools To Boost Your Writing / How You Can Make Money On TBD Income Program / Get Empowered With Graphic Design Skill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.