Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

My Family Is Frustrating Me - Mature Advise Please - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Family Is Frustrating Me - Mature Advise Please (879 Views)

My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / My Wife Is Frustrating My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Family Is Frustrating Me - Mature Advise Please by whiteandblack: 8:09pm On Aug 13, 2017
Good evening all
I don't like discussing family in open ground but need get this out of my mind.

I saw myself as a first son with about other 4 younger ones.

I just look frustrated now..the reason is this.

Everyone is depending on me. My daddy has been sick for yrs now which has really cost me a lot without solution get.

I often provide food and provisions for them at home.

I am in school and am the one response for myself and my school fees and all that.

My younger ones are relaying on me for their school and their personal needs.

This has really stops me from getting marry as earlier as I planned.

When ever I got call from home..it is always money needs or come home and fix this and that needs.

I can't even focus with my own personal life. And I can't just abounded them at home. They are my parents and family.

When I see some other families I wish I was born in such home with less or no struggles.

Most times I cried and ask God to help me bear the cross.

Most times I just get Frustrated and wish something else.

Brothers and Sisters please I need your mature advice.

I don't want to die young with these kind loads. Not to talk of how huge the loads will be when I add my own personal family (my wife and kids).

Please can you drop me a mature advise that can help me on this Please.

#HelpaBrotherPlease
Re: My Family Is Frustrating Me - Mature Advise Please by VargasVee(m): 8:10pm On Aug 13, 2017
I understand your pains. Just so you know, you're like a role model big bru

Many families out there would be wishing for someone like you. Forget all the antics people put up outside, if you dig deeper you'd see things are not really well in their families.

Since you know there's no else they can turn to, please endeavor to help them as much as you can, it's what family is about.

BEAR IN MIND IT'S NEVER GOING TO LAST, TRIALS COME AND GO. THINGS WOULD SURELY GET BETTER

1 Like

Re: My Family Is Frustrating Me - Mature Advise Please by swiz123(m): 8:15pm On Aug 13, 2017
Try and open up a business for your mom, no matter how little it is.
Re: My Family Is Frustrating Me - Mature Advise Please by daewoorazer(m): 8:20pm On Aug 13, 2017
Whatever happens, do not complain..... Open a family business then put a sibling.....id advise a canteen/restaurant.... Thank me later
Re: My Family Is Frustrating Me - Mature Advise Please by princeakinola1(m): 8:22pm On Aug 13, 2017
Return all the Glory to God,for the one you have,if you have money,your family need help&you ur self want to establish ur self,then go for oppotunity cost,remember love ur neabour as ur self&not more than ur self,is good to give,but follow ur mind.
Re: My Family Is Frustrating Me - Mature Advise Please by elantraceey(f): 8:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
Take heart all will be well, its nice to still see a responsible young man in this age of selfishness and greed.

What's your mum doing? Your siblings? at least the older ones? I know how terrible it could feel sometimes having the whole family burden on your shoulders both emotionally and partly financially in my case because I'm a first child too but you can encourage your siblings to get themselves busy with something no matter how little even while studying and your mum too, if it's even a simple provision store you can get it opened for her.

My immediate is in school and also into catering and makeup sales to support herself after a lot of advice and motivation from me because I didn't even stay working on time else things would have even be way easier now, our third born is just 13 and she's already good in bead making, I've already promised her to enroll her for intensive training after her ssce, our last boys are already picking interest in programming and I'm just waiting for the right time to get them laptops when possible if my parents are unable or don't want to.

You can't handle all the burden, it'll be way too much for you, you are to support them and also teach and help them to be independent themselves, it's not easy but you'll overcome, Just keep pushing.

2 Likes

Re: My Family Is Frustrating Me - Mature Advise Please by whiteandblack: 8:49pm On Aug 13, 2017
Just needed to talk to someone..Thanks everyone for your advises so far. Very good points so far.
Re: My Family Is Frustrating Me - Mature Advise Please by fatymore(f): 10:16pm On Aug 13, 2017
Sit them down and explain the way u wrote here.. If you die of frustration they would live on.

2 Likes

Re: My Family Is Frustrating Me - Mature Advise Please by baby124: 10:38pm On Aug 13, 2017
Get everybody working so they can contribute to the home and to their own expenses too. You don't have 4 heads. If you can work and bring in money, so can they. Don't worry this phase will pass too. Just get them busy and spend on things that will make sure they are engaged like having each one learn a profitable skill. It's best you make the sacrifice now to make sure they are all settled than for them to be feeding off you for life. Your mum really needs to get busy and stop letting a young man like you carry her responsibilities.

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander Is Wishing His Soldier Friend Happy Married Life (photos) / . / Where Can I Get Tom Brown In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.