Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,006 members, 7,838,524 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo (38499 Views)

ASUU ‘Thinking Of Another Strike’ - See Reactions / ASUU Calls Off Strike: See Funny Pictures / ASUU Declares One Week Warning Strike (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by Abiodunstephen(m): 8:28am On Aug 14, 2017
hope it won't affect OAU and AAUA
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by Jodha(f): 8:28am On Aug 14, 2017
abimic:
Thank God, jodha can go home and rest for two years grin

Olohmajeh.... grin grin

Ah no wan old for school ahbeg...but I'll love to rest for 2weeks....

On behalf of all the Naija students... We say we need a break...so ASUU should carry on ...on her 2weeks strike grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by harriet412(f): 8:29am On Aug 14, 2017
chai.... so person go just sit down at home cry .. nawa oo embarassed embarassed
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by smartnero24(m): 8:30am On Aug 14, 2017
"United we bargain, divided we beg"

I'll have to agree with ASUU on the terms stated. Most of our universities are nothing but glorified secondary schools. No proper funding on all levels, no good researches been embarked on because there are no facilities or they obsolete and yet we want to improve our agricultural sector and diversify our economy...... On which template will these be done.
Technologically, the link between the universities and industries is totally nonexistent. Why won't we lag behind other nations?
I think the government should listen to ASUU, find a way of initiating a continuous implementation of ASUU's demands albeit with an eagle's eye monitoring of the funds are been spent by the universities.

"The youths are the leaders of tomorrow" but FG won't fund education.

FG fund education, give Nigeria a chance to compete.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by Ajadiboye(m): 8:30am On Aug 14, 2017
Will it affect MSC Students?

a un ki, a un sa, o ni omeni to ku ... habba !
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by somehow: 8:32am On Aug 14, 2017
What's this one saying?

The so called ASUU issues started under Buhari? Did he enter any agreement with ASUU?

Junkie.
zionmade1:
Things will never change in this country as long as we fight to keep those recycled politicians in the helm of affairs
things will never change as long as we ask of an aspirants ethnicity before we decide on whom to vote
we will never move forward wen we will either vote for atiku or buhari or fayose or el rufai the same old cargoes, In rivers state a person like Don Baridam who turned uniport around in 8yrs came out as governorship aspirant and couldn't even go past the primaries.

we know those that could change this country but because they are not from our tribe we don't vote them.

Imagine youths here like sarrki and the rest canvassing for buhari to lead till 2023

how will things change
let ASUU go on strike, let te country shut down, if it will take such for the so called youths to stop mortgaging their future for the sake of a bag of rice and 5k let it happen. Imagine amaechi saying that the future of transportation sector will be boosted with ladies becoming conductors. Rubbish
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by AlanTuringAI: 8:32am On Aug 14, 2017
mulekanle:
This is the memo of passed by ASUU to declare the 2017 indefinite strike.
This is fake. A decision on the strike is to be taken today. No memo has been released. It's a shame the moderators don't verify things before misleading people. Here's the information from Vanguard Newspaper, a reliable source.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/ASUU-decides-strike-today/

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 14, 2017
I don't even know again o. We need total overhauling in Nigeria
mecussey:

For your mind, future still dey for Nigerian university?
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by somehow: 8:33am On Aug 14, 2017
First you said you think the timing is wrong for ASUU to go on strike, then you came back to say its the appropriate time? Gosh, how can one person be so confused? You want to come and go or are you coming and going at the same time?
Tecno66:
Very soon, they will say they are sponsored by politicians. The compliance level in the northern universities will be low because they will be told the strike is against Buhari and northern interest but to me, I think the timing is wrong because you dont make those demands from a country in ressession. To ASSU, this is the appropriate time to hold government to ransome because campaigns and elections will soon start.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 14, 2017
ksu all the way,,,,,,, if you hav a friend in other skul, advice him/her to request for transfer to ksu, no time.... ..KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY .... NOT JOINING THE ASUU QUEUE
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by somehow: 8:37am On Aug 14, 2017
A country under recession, yet you think this is the time to be foolish? ASUU is just being foolish. Even when the president is not around. Osinbajo won't take any decision on this because this is alot bigger than him except he flies to London to see his oga again.
smartnero24:
"United we bargain, divided we beg"

I'll have to agree with ASUU on the terms stated. Most of our universities are nothing but glorified secondary schools. No proper funding on all levels, no good researches been embarked on because there are no facilities or they obsolete and yet we want to improve our agricultural sector and diversify our economy...... On which template will these be done.
Technologically, the link between the universities and industries is totally nonexistent. Why won't we lag behind other nations?
I think the government should listen to ASUU, find a way of initiating a continuous implementation of ASUU's demands albeit with an eagle's eye monitoring of the funds are been spent by the universities.

"The youths are the leaders of tomorrow" but FG won't fund education.

FG fund education, give Nigeria a chance to compete.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by zionmade1: 8:39am On Aug 14, 2017
somehow:
What's this one saying?

The so called ASUU issues started under Buhari? Did he enter any agreement with ASUU?

Junkie.
and u most be a donkey not to know from my post that I don't do all the Gej pmb stuff. Keep going to the polls to vote old cargoes. maybe after buhari go and vote IBB or maybe u can also vote recycled Gej if contests. hopeless myopic dummy
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by somehow: 8:45am On Aug 14, 2017
Whether you do or not, your post singled out one person by names, you couldn't hide it. Not everyone is foolish not to know when a foolish person is trying to act clever!
zionmade1:

and u most be a donkey not to know from my post that I don't do all the Gej pmb stuff. Keep going to the polls to vote old cargoes. maybe after buhari go and vote IBB or maybe u can also vote recycled Gej if contests. hopeless myopic dummy

Funny enough you actually think Nigeria problems is with the leaders lol I laugh lolz

Our problems is down up, those who are there now we're once done and the mentality a typical Nigerian has is what is being displayed up there.

Everything you're seeing up there is are being done down here by common citizens.

Even if you vote 30 years old to become whoever, the average Nigeria mindset won't be missing from his or her head.

Except you want to say all politicians are old. The young ones, how honest, effect and influential are they? Name 5 outstanding young politicians out there!
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by ril19(m): 8:45am On Aug 14, 2017
DOOMED LAND! the same 2009 agreement that caused the 2010 and 2013 strikes(Yar'adua n Jonathan) which both lasted 6months each and made me last a year longer in school. we may yet be looking at another 6months here. why don't anything ever works in nigeria? and look after all these years i'm still unemployed. may God help us.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by Tecno66: 8:47am On Aug 14, 2017
somehow:
First you said you think the timing is wrong for ASUU to go on strike, then you came back to say its the appropriate time? Gosh, how can one person be so confused? You want to come and go or are you coming and going at the same time?
I think you are the one that is confused. Read before you make irritating comments. I said to ASUU, not to me, this the ideal time. Frankly, I get irritated by stupid comments when people who think they want to correct you are the ones that need to be corrected.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by possesscable(m): 8:52am On Aug 14, 2017
internal strike plus external strike= Super strike...........….......oya make una come join us for aus

team Lautech
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by zionmade1: 8:54am On Aug 14, 2017
somehow:
Whether you do or not, your post singled out one person by names, you couldn't hide it. Not everyone is foolish not to know when a foolish person is trying to act clever!

Funny enough you actually think Nigeria problems is with the leaders lol I laugh lolz

Our problems is down up, those who are there now we're once done and the mentality a typical Nigerian has is what is being displayed up there.

Everything you're seeing up there is are being done down here by common citizens.

Even if you vote 30 years old to become whoever, the average Nigeria mindset won't be missing from his or her head.

Except you want to say all politicians are old. The young ones, how honest, effect and influential are they? Name 5 outstanding young politicians out there!

I don't think I will really have time for ur rubbish though. I mentioned pmb(reping apc) I mentioned fayose(reping pdp) Or is gov of rivers apc too? It's frustrating to argue with myopic people like u though. so suit urself
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by Tecno66: 8:55am On Aug 14, 2017
francisxbee:

I'm wondering how you got admission
Having graduated more than 20years ago, I am not sure were born then otherwise you wont comment like a minor. Take your time to read my comment before you give a wrong interpretation to it.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by abimic(m): 8:55am On Aug 14, 2017
Jodha:

Olohmajeh.... grin grin

Ah no wan old for school ahbeg...but I'll love to rest for 2weeks....

On behalf of all the Naija students... We say we need a break...so ASUU should carry on ...on her 2weeks strike grin
See this girl o, Biafra tearing Yoruba, who dey teach you Yoruba? Maybe na dat your friend... .. See u, two weeks strike? When u saw ASUU released a text book called communique over the so called strike, u want to console yourself that, it would be two weeks. Dear, brace up it's gonna be beyond one month or two, moreover, baba isn't around yet, wait till the sheriff is back in town grin
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by somehow: 8:57am On Aug 14, 2017
Oga park somewhere. The names you are mentioning aren't your problem, your problem is you and the other citizens who think the leaders got there on their own. Even their mindset is that of an average Nigerian. Your problem is your country's culture and mindset. Until your general mindset change, no freaking leader from nowhere can change anything for you.
zionmade1:

I don't think I will really have time for ur rubbish though. I mentioned pmb(reping apc) I mentioned fayose(reping pdp) Or is gov of rivers apc too? It's frustrating to argue with myopic people like u though. so suit urself
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by Rajosh(m): 9:01am On Aug 14, 2017
ASUU Biennial festival. School like KSU just resumed from an internal strike and now this. Federal government is greedy, ASUU is greedy. The students are at the receiving end. when two elephants fight, the grass is left to suffer.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by Rajosh(m): 9:07am On Aug 14, 2017
When two elephants fight, the grass is left to suffer. the students are at the receiving end. ASUU biennial festival.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by Tecno66: 9:11am On Aug 14, 2017
somehow:
Its better for me to just read news on this forum and move on to avoid a situation where faceless lunatics will appraise your comments and begin to rain unwarranted insults at you. I wonder how we got here as a nation.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by GOFRONT(m): 9:12am On Aug 14, 2017
Upon all this, school no even special again
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by Stylz69(m): 9:15am On Aug 14, 2017
Hmmm.... 1 trillion Naira. This strike is till 2023.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by Blessed16(m): 9:15am On Aug 14, 2017
hope this shiit, not gonna affect nysc by November, because some schools are yet to send names to nysc, Senate list not yet released.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by Claumy2(m): 9:20am On Aug 14, 2017
Afterall the president of Nigeria has been on strike for than 3 months without any reason; whereas ASUU's strike will be for at least 7 years.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by highness25(m): 9:21am On Aug 14, 2017
mulekanle:
This is the memo of passed by ASUU to declare the 2017 indefinite strike.
I'm not worried at all, ASUU will definitely deny this
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by wissenschaften(m): 9:30am On Aug 14, 2017
Amossity:
ksu all the way,,,,,,, if you hav a friend in other
skul, advice him/her to request for transfer to
ksu, no time.... ..KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY .... NOT JOINING THE ASUU QUEUE
Which one be KSU now KSU ko KSB ni
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by TheEminentLaity: 9:30am On Aug 14, 2017
All these are the results of the unreasonable Federal system currently practiced in Nigeria. Other universities around the world attract funds from foreign students and external grants but when everybody is meant to meet the lord and master at Abuja for even toothpick, this is what is perpetually bound to happen.

First, the money they demand, which is legitimately theirs, is not practical ... Why should the Federal Government provide all the money? Oh I forgot, everything is subsidised, so the universities themselves cannot even raise funds. Jeez!

Nigeria is systematically screwed ... Poor students, the system playing kalo kalo with their destiny.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by otokx(m): 9:31am On Aug 14, 2017
highness25:
I'm not worried at all, ASUU will definitely deny this

Eh ya

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

List Of Nigerian Private Universities That Does Not Require Jamb / Regrets Of A First Class Student / Madonna University Increases Her Tuition Fees - Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.