Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos (34762 Views)

Top 5 Interesting Places In Lagos To Celebrate Nigeria @ 59 / The Literal Meaning Of Names Of Major Places In Lagos / 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by PrettyCrystal: 4:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
Some graduates from Harvard John F Kennedy School of Government and MIT who are on a field trip to Lagos - paid a visit to Badagry area where they were received by the King himself, His Royal Majesty, the Oba Akran Of Badagry, De Aholu Menu-Toyi I in his Palace. The monarch shared insights about the significance of Badagry to the history of Lagos and Nigeria with his guests.

They also visited Badagry Heritage Museum, the First Storey Building in Nigeria, Mobee Slave Relics Museum, Brazilian Baracoon, the Agia Tree Monument, the Vlekete Slave Market after which they were hosted to Lunch at the VIP Chalet of the Lagos State Governor's Badagry Home.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/harvard-university-graduates-visit-slave-market-places-badagry-lagos-photos.html

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by PrettyCrystal: 4:49pm On Aug 14, 2017

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by PrettyCrystal: 4:50pm On Aug 14, 2017
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by Cholls(m): 4:54pm On Aug 14, 2017
my brother nice
Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by TRADELYN: 4:56pm On Aug 14, 2017
This is beautiful. shocked

...PROUDLY the BEST for all your research projects, business plans, etc.
https://www.nairaland.com/tradelyn
Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by Rtopzy(f): 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2017
Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by MhizzAJ(f): 5:20pm On Aug 14, 2017
Nice
They look so fresh

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by NwaAmaikpe: 6:01pm On Aug 14, 2017
shocked

How is this news

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by IntrovertGuy: 6:01pm On Aug 14, 2017
New HP flagship laptop with 4GB ram, 500GB HD, Touchscreen, Intel for sale

https://www.nairaland.com/3913777/new-hp-laptop-4gb-ram

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by Narldon: 6:01pm On Aug 14, 2017

I hope they don't become Kidnapped "Slaves"!

Oya, Evans what do you have to say??

grin

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 14, 2017
I love this
Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by rasazee(m): 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2017
Edokay grin
Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by dakeskese(m): 6:03pm On Aug 14, 2017

These ones should be kidnapped and the females used as sex slaves somewhere in Ijebu Ode.

These idiots know very well that their ancestors were the cause of this visit. They humiliated we Africans... all in d name of slavery!

3 Likes

Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by faorex(m): 6:04pm On Aug 14, 2017
their fore fathers did more harm than good to us.. BTW they look good

1 Like

Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by wayne4loan: 6:04pm On Aug 14, 2017
havard graduates pls beware of skull-miners cool

1 Like

Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 14, 2017
Rediscovery.

I applaud the lagos state government for her Laudable venture into the transformation of the tourism sector,

The forthcoming "DOOR OF RETURN FESTIVAL" is very scintillating,

It will bear forth a camaraderie of intercontinental interconnectedness for both home dwellers and diasporans,

Including a chance to synthesize pan africanism beyond borders,
With a reminiscent journey back in time
From "THE POINT OF NO RETURN"

This should be made an annual event, where showcasement of the fills and thrills of the age of slavery, impacts of anti-slavery, colonization, decolonization, emancipation, independence, neo-colonization, diasporan acculturation, culture shock, redistributive migration,transcontinental cultural expansion etc can be brainstormed

This is also an opportunity for foreign direct investment from our illustrious sons and daughters, kits and kins in the diaspora,
Also an Avenue for comprehensive root tracing, and lineage tracking,

5 Likes

Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by ately1(m): 6:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
This places are beside my house,,hmm
Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by admissionrunz: 6:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
isookay
Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by sonnie10: 6:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
Y
Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by sirfee(m): 6:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

How is this news
Ask google,stupid tribalist.

7 Likes

Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by hinograce: 6:08pm On Aug 14, 2017
Hot heads
Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by Progressive01(m): 6:09pm On Aug 14, 2017
I don tire for nairaland.. embarassed
Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by jesuscousin(m): 6:09pm On Aug 14, 2017
if nigerian student go oversea for sight seeing CNN they carry am? NO
if it was to be student of lasu, yabatech, or uniben dat went there will the OBA come out and take pix wit dem ? NO,
who are this pple student of harvard university, dsame pple who enslaved us ? YES
what are we doin to deM ? CELEBRATING DEM
wat is my take on dis? WAT A SHAME .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by sirfee(m): 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2017
Receive sense,tribasts are liable to die young
Durentt:
No kidnap them ooo.

Afonja

3 Likes

Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by jesuscousin(m): 6:12pm On Aug 14, 2017
Cholls:
my brother nice

U NO DEY REASON AT ALL
MAKING FRONT PAGE IS NICE
because DEM YELLOW

2 Likes

Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by musicwriter(m): 6:12pm On Aug 14, 2017
People should stop this notion of slave market. Such a market did not exit!. What they erroneously call market was a point of departure- the port European ships left to the US, Americas and Caribbean.

The so called slave trade only occurred when Europeans traded Africans among themselves. Slaves were mainly prisoners of war POWs. Today they would've been called refugees. Slavery happened by act of war, fraud, coercion.

See the true history of slavery and slave acquisition in Africa www.africason.com/2016/03/the-true-history-of-slavery-and-slave.html

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by bobowaja(m): 6:15pm On Aug 14, 2017
I can bet it that those people didn't pay a dime for the sightings, accommodation in the annexed govt house and tour guides. I am sure thesame thing won't be obtainable in their world (the will make us pay for everything). Why Blacks always worship Whites still beats my understanding.

Welcome to the new world of freedom from physical slavery which ushered in the mental slavery

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 14, 2017
IntrovertGuy:

How much
Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by medolab90(m): 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2017
IntrovertGuy:

how much
Re: Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos by SweetJoystick(m): 6:19pm On Aug 14, 2017
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: 188 Nigeria Returnees Arrive MMIA From South Africa / Which Country Can I Migrate To With ₦2M? / Young Woman Killed As Car Rams Into Bus Carrying Film Crew In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.