Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,878 members, 7,813,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

My Problem With Qservers Host - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Problem With Qservers Host (766 Views)

How Can I Solve This Issue With Qservers? / Get A .com.ng Domain With Qservers For Just #1000 / Whogohost Or Qservers: Which Host Should I Use? (poll) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Problem With Qservers Host by Itzolamide360(m): 8:22pm On Aug 14, 2017
My problem was actually with qservers.net where am currently hosting my blog.

Few days back my blog was suspended for posting a copyright material: (which has been down for close to 5days) has now been terminated abruptly for reasons which is common to every blogger.

I was so surprised. I actually paid a webhost money to host for me and they suddenly take down my site without warning. They indicated that I broke one of their rules of Dcma. I have been begging them to restore my blog back online They have refused saying their servers can't host me any longer. And yet they have refused me refund of my money as the site wasn't even upto a month when it was taken down.

Someone tell qservers to put up my site or explain to me what gives them a right to take down my website without any warning.

House, I will appreciate any help I can get on this.

Re: My Problem With Qservers Host by SConnect: 8:47pm On Aug 14, 2017
They were right for suspending your website because copyright violation (DMCA) is a serious issue in the US.

FYI, They have full rights to take down your website with or without any warning as its clearly stated on their TOS that posting/uploading a copyrighted material (DMCA) violates their TOS and you agreed to it during your registration.

Cheers.

Re: My Problem With Qservers Host by Itzolamide360(m): 8:56pm On Aug 14, 2017
SConnect:
They were right for suspending your website because copyright violation (DMCA) is a serious issue in the US.

FYI, They have full rights to take down your website with or without any warning as its clearly stated on their TOS that posting/uploading a copyrighted material (DMCA) violates their TOS and you agreed to it during your registration.

My advice; do not host a copyrighted material on your next host, or you can always upload such contents e.g music files, or video files on an external file sharing website (there are lots of free file sharing websites online) then you only post the download links on your website - this way you will not be violating any DMCA rule.

If you can follow my advice, contact me and we will migrate your website to our unlimited hosting package.

Just my 2cents, hope its helps!

Cheers.

I see why u say so is cos u also a wen hosting company... Godaddy will always give you warning to take down copyright materials... If you fail to do so that's when they take actions against you... And they don't suspend services for ever... They allow u take it off and continue using their service... As a first time Costumer I am suppose to enjoy the benefits of another chance
Re: My Problem With Qservers Host by Itzolamide360(m): 8:57pm On Aug 14, 2017
Itzolamide360:

I see why u say so is cos u also a wen hosting company... Godaddy will always give you warning to take down copyright materials... If you fail to do so that's when they take actions against you... And they don't suspend services for ever... They allow u take it off and continue using their service... As a first time Costumer I am suppose to enjoy the benefits of another chance

And my site contains a dcma page which clearly states that if a post made on the blog have a copyright infringement... A notice should be made to my mail for removal
Re: My Problem With Qservers Host by SConnect: 9:03pm On Aug 14, 2017
Itzolamide360:

Yes, i agree with you on this, they were meant to notify you and allow you upto 24hrs to remove the file or content before suspending your website but like i said DMCA violation is a serious issue in the USA, keeping you online for few hours, they would be risking alot.

Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

Adding Adsense Codes To Blogger: Help! / Re: Online Payment Gateway That Accept Merchants From Nigeria / Get Complete Bulksms Website For 5k. Pay After Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.