Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Islamic Talk: - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Talk: (19408 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Talk: by mukina2: 3:49pm On Apr 01, 2007
what??
Re: Islamic Talk: by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 01, 2007
We will soon be cajoled by the deciet that jihad is all about an "internal struggle for righteousness"! grin
Re: Islamic Talk: by babs787(m): 11:40am On Apr 03, 2007
@4play & davidylan

I really do not blame you because you dont undwerstand what "Jihad" is.
Re: Islamic Talk: by babs787(m): 2:20pm On Apr 05, 2007
Brotherhood in Islam

3. The third duty concerns the tongue, which should sometimes be silent and at other times speak out.

As for silence, the tongue should not mention a brother’s fault in his absence or his presence. Rather should you feign ignorance. You should not contradict him when he talks, nor dispute nor argue with him. You should not pry and quiz him about his affairs. On seeing him in the street or about some business, you should not start a conversation about the object of your coming and going, nor ask him about his, for perhaps it will be troublesome to him to discuss it, or he may have to lie about it.

Keep silent also about the secrets he confides in you and on no account divulge them to a third party – not even to his closest friends. Do no reveal anything about them, not even after separation and estrangement, for to do so would be meanness of character and impurity of the Inner.

Keep silent from criticism of his dear ones, his family, and his children; also from relating other people’s criticism of him, for it is your informant who directly abuses you.

Anas said that God’s messenger (pbuh) never faced anyone with something displeasing to him, for the hurt comes immediately from the informant and only indirectly from the original speaker.

Of course you should not hide any praise you may hear, for the pleasure in it is received directly from the conveyer of the compliment as well as indirectly from the original source. Concealment here would mean envy.

In short, you should keep silent about any speech unpleasant to him in general and in particular – unless obliged to speak out to promote good and prevent evil, and even then only if you can find no valid excuse for saying nothing. In such cases, you need not worry about his disapproval, since what you do is beneficial to him when rightly guided, even if it looks bad at first sight.

As for mentioning his misdeeds and faults, and the misdeeds of his family, this is slander and unlawful in respect of every Muslim. Two things should turn you from it.

First, examine your own condition and if you find there blameworthy thing, then be tolerant of what you see in your brother. It may be that he is unable to control himself in that particular characteristic, just as you are impotent in the face of your own difficulty. So do not be too heavy on him on account of one blameworthy trait. Wherever you find yourself lacking in your duty to God, do not expect as much from your brother in his duty to you, for your right over him is not greater than God’s right over you.

Second, you know that, were you to seek for someone free of all blemish, you would exhaust the entire creation without ever finding a companion. For there is not one human being who does not have both good and bad qualities and if the good outweigh the bad that is the most that can be hoped for.

The noble believer always keeps present in himself the good qualities of his brother, so that his heart may be the source of honour, affection and respect. As for the hypocrite of low character, he is always noticing misdeeds and faults.

Ibn al-Mubarak said:

“The believer tries to find excuses for others, while the hypocrite looks for mistakes.

Al-Fudayl said:

“Manliness is pardoning the slips of one’s brothers”.

This is why the Prophet said:

“Seek refuge with Gid from bad neighbour who sees some goods and conceals it, sees some bad and reveals it.

There is no-one at all whose condition cannot be improved in some respects, or made worse.

Tradition, tells how a certain man praised another in the presence of God’s Messenger (pbuh), then blamed him the next day. So he (pbuh) said:

“You praise him one day and blame him the next!”

The man replied:
“Yesterday I told the truth about him, and today I did not lie about him. He pleased me yesterday so I told the best I knew of him. he angered me today so I spoke the worst I knew of him”

to this, the prophet said:

“Reasoned argument can be sorcery.”

He evidently disapproved of it since he likened it to sorcery. Thus he said in another traditional report:

“Abuse and argumentation are twin branches of hypocrisy”

And further:

“God disapproves argumentation for you: all argumentation.

Al-Shafii said:

“There is not one Muslim who obeys God without ever transgressing against Him, nor is there one who transgresses against Him without ever obeying Him. if a mans’ obedience outweighs his transgression, then he is righteous”

if such a man be accounted rifhteous in his duty to God, how much more should you consider him righteous in his duty to you and the obligation of your brotherhood.

Just as it is incumbent upon you to hold your tongue from mentioning his misdeeds, so ought you to observe silence in your heart. This is done by giving up suspicion, for suspicion constitute slander in the heart, which is also unlawful. Keep within the bounds by not putting a bad construction on his action, so long as you can see it in a good loght. As for what is revealed unmistakably and before your very eyes, so that it is impossible for you not to know about it, you should if possible ascribe what you witness to absent-mindedness and forgetfulness.

Suspicion is formed in two ways: first, by what is called perception which rests on some outward sign. This causes a necessary movement of the thinking which cannot be set aside. Secondly, there is that which arises from your prejudice against someone. There emanates from him some act which could be taken in either of two ways; but your prejudice against him causes you to settle for the worse interpretation, even though there is no outward sign to justify it. This is an offence against him in the Inner, something unlawful in respect of every believer. For the prophet said:

“God has forbidden one to tamper with the blood, property or honour of another, or to hold a bad suspicion of him”

Also

:Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the most untruthful report and suspicion leads to prying and sying.

Further

“Do not spy and do not pry. Do not sever relationships and do not fall out, but serve God as brothers.

Prying consists in listening to rumours, spying in visual obsevation.

Concealing faults, feigning ignorance of them and overlooking them – this is mark of religious people. You have sufficient notice of the perfect degree in concealing what is ugly and unrevealing what is Good, in that God is so qualified in the prayer where he said: “ O thou who revealest the beautiful and concealest the ugly! What is desirable in God’s sight is that we model our character after His, for He is the Veiler of faults, Forgiver of sins, Indulgent towards His creatures. So how can you fail to be indulgent towards one who is your equal or your superior, but in no way your slave or your creature?

Jesus (pbuh) said to his disciples:

“How do you act when you see a brother sleeping and the wind blows off his clothes? We screen him and cover him. rather do you lay bare his private parts. Glory be to God! Who would do such a thing? One of you listns to gossip about his brother, then adds to it and passes it on exaggerated.

You must know that a man’s belief is incomplete so long as he does not wish for his brother what he wishes for himself. The lowest degree in brotherhood is where you treat your brother as you would wish to be treated yourself and there is no doubt that he would expect you to veil his shame and keep quiet about his misdeeds and faults. If shown the opposite of what he expected he would be very annoyed and angry. How unworthy then, if he were to expect what he himself would not conceive and intend. Woe to him then in the words of Allah:

Quran 83 v 1-3; Woe to the givers of short measure, who exact in full when others measure out to them, but skimp in measuring or weighing out to others!

All who dispense fair treatment beyond what they themselves dispense come under the import of this verse.

The source of deficiency in veiling another’s shame, and of striving to display it, is a hidden disease of the Inner, namely rancour and envy. For the rancorous and envious has his Inner full of dirt, but keeps it imprisoned in his Inner, conceals it and does not show it as long as he lacks a pretext. But when he finds an opportunity, the restrained is released, the reserve is abandoned and the Inner sweats with its hidden dirt.

Whenever the Inner is wrapped up with rancour and envy, it is better to break off relations. Some wise men say that open blame is better than hidden rancour. The only thing to soften the rancorous is isolation. If a man carries in his heart a bad feeling towards another Muslim, then his belief is weak, his affair is risky, and his heart is dirty and unfit to meet God.

Part of the matter is keeping quiet, and not divulging a brother’s secret which he has entrusted to you. You should deny knowledge of it, even if this means lying, for to speak the truth is not incumbent in every circumstance. Just as it is permitted to a man to hide his own faults and secrets, even if he needs to lie, so may he do for his brother’s sake. For his brother stands in his own shoes and the pair are like one person, different only in body. This is the true nature of brotherhood.

Furthermore, in what one does in one’s brother’s presence, one should not be hypocritical, nor abandon one’s private for one’s public behaviour. For your brothers knowledge of what you do is like your own knowledge of it, without distinction.

The Prophet said:

“If a man veils his brother’s shame, God will veil him in this world and in the Hereafter.

In another report:

“…,,, it is as if he restores to life a baby girl buried alive”

he also said:

“If a man gives information, then looks about him, it is a confidence.

And:

“All sessions are confidential bar three: that in which blood is shed unlawfully, that in which unlawful sexual intercourse takes place and that in which property is unlawfully used.

And again:

“When two sit down in a session together their proceedings are confidential, and neither of them may divulge anything distasteful to the other.

The most serious causes that fan the fire of rancour between brothers are contention and disputation. These are the very essence of variance and rupture. For rupture starts off with, then becomes verbal and finally physical.

The worst disgrace is contention, for if you reject what another says you accuse him of ignorance and stupidity, or of forgetfulness and absent-mindedness in understanding his subject. All this constitutes disgrace, annoyance and alienation.

In general, the only motive for contention is to display intellectual superiority and to belittle one’s opponent by showing up his ignorance. This amounts to arrogance, contempt, hurtfulness and the insulting charge of folly and ignorance. There is no meaning to enmity but this, so what part can it have in brotherhood and true friendship?
Re: Islamic Talk: by babs787(m): 9:25am On May 18, 2007
I will continue very soon
Re: Islamic Talk: by Horus(m): 11:48pm On Jun 02, 2007
Ask the Orthodox Sunni Muslims are pilgrims committing a sin when they board a plane or a ship??
According to their hadith, yes. They are sinning because an airplane is a likeness of a bird and a ship is a likeness of a fish which would be considered making an image of Allah’s creation. (Refer to Hadith #838, Volume 7 in the section “Are Pictures A Sin?”)
Re: Islamic Talk: by usalawu(m): 1:18am On Jun 03, 2007
@Mukina & Babs
Good job you are doing here.Keep it up,

@Babs
I had suggest you try tolerate more and ignore people as much as possible. If people cannot RESPECT other people's beliefs or religion let them be it is not for anyone of us to judge. It is wrong for us to speak badly of others.
I direct this to you as a fellow Muslim and hope you get my drift

@all
I think it's about time we try and show respect for people's beliefs and religion. We all can get along
at least before the existence of 'The Religions' people won't all have been going to hell. Let people do whatever pleases them we are not to judge. Whatever we do we should do well.

Cheers
Re: Islamic Talk: by doncartel: 2:02pm On Jun 03, 2007
Horus:

Ask the Orthodox Sunni Muslims are pilgrims committing a sin when they board a plane or a ship??
According to their hadith, yes. They are sinning because an airplane is a likeness of a bird and a ship is a likeness of a fish which would be considered making an image of Allah’s creation. (Refer to Hadith #838, Volume 7 in the section “Are Pictures A Sin?”)

Now i know Islam is 100% bullshit cus it means those who enter cars are a bunch of black-ass cows n thats why muslims are so close to cattle mmoooooooo
Re: Islamic Talk: by stimulus(m): 2:46pm On Jun 03, 2007
doncartel:

Now i know Islam is 100% bullshit cus it means those who enter cars are a bunch of black-ass cows n thats why muslims are so close to cattle mmoooooooo

Muslims are just like everybody else, and there's no logical law that says they should not use cars or other technology available to us today.
Re: Islamic Talk: by mrpataki(m): 4:53pm On Jun 03, 2007
stimulus:

Muslims are just like everybody else, and there's no logical law that says they should not use cars or other technology available to us today.

But are most been allowed to use all that?
Re: Islamic Talk: by stimulus(m): 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2007
mrpataki:

But are most been allowed to use all that?

Being allowed to use cars or not does not make Muslims the highlighted name our dear doncartel gave them.

At least, I still don't know how to use a submarine; and I imagine my science pals would shake their heads in pity for my soul - if that applies. They should just allow me use one first! cheesy
Re: Islamic Talk: by Horus(m): 10:22pm On Jun 04, 2007
Muhammed himself held slaves and that is in large part why slavery has continued to flurish in Islamic areas where it is heavily Arab. They see owning slaves especially black ones as part of their birth right okayed by the Quran and Muhammed himself.
Re: Islamic Talk: by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 05, 2008
@Horus

You see, Islam solves problems in correlation with the present happenings.

He freed them using best ways of not hurting them whatsoever.

Will post a comprehensive entry later
Re: Islamic Talk: by babs787(m): 8:35pm On Jan 05, 2008
@mdsocks

Salam

May Allah reward you as you bring up this thread
Re: Islamic Talk: by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 05, 2008
W/S

Bro babs, no be me oo.

Its our mistress.

Thanks though.

Ma salam
Re: Islamic Talk: by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 07, 2008
The major juristic schools of Islam have historically accepted the institution of slavery.[1] Muhammad and those of his companions who could afford it themselves owned slaves, freed many, and some of them acquired more from prisoners of war. Arabian slaves did benefit from the Islamic dispensations, which enormously improved their position through the reforms of a humanitarian tendency both at the time of Muhammad and the later early caliphs.[1] In Islamic law, the topic of Islam and slavery is covered at great length. The legal legislations brought two major changes to the practice of slavery inherited from antiquity, from Rome, and from Byzantium, which were to have far-reaching effects.[1] The Qur'an considers emancipation of a slave to be a highly meritorious deed, or as a condition of repentance for many sins. The Qur'an and Hadith contain numerous passages supporting this view. Muslim jurists considered slavery to be an exceptional circumstance, with the basic assumption of freedom until proven otherwise. Furthermore, as opposed to pre-Islamic slavery, enslavement was limited to two scenarios: capture in war, or birth to two slave parents (birth to parents where one was free and the other not so would render the offspring free).[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad's_slaves
Re: Islamic Talk: by daudatsiga(m): 11:33pm On Jan 07, 2008
Hi! Mukina2.I've sturdy all what you had in mind,but my advice to you is.Since you have sturdy what the Quran say's,please kindly take a time to sturdy Bible and feel free to ask a question in wherever you dont understand.Sturdy carefully and dont confuse yourself in understanding.To begin with your sturdy let me give you on were to start.Read Mark 4:12. Who are this people Jesus was refaring to? Read also Mathew 6:7,John 15:18,Mathew 6:16. Wishing you happy sturdy.
Re: Islamic Talk: by babs787(m): 4:31pm On Jan 08, 2008
@daudatsiga

Hi! Mukina2.I've sturdy all what you had in mind,but my advice to you is.Since you have sturdy what the Quran say's,please kindly take a time to sturdy Bible and feel free to ask a question in wherever you don't understand.Sturdy carefully and don't confuse yourself in understanding.To begin with your sturdy let me give you on were to start.Read Mark 4:12. Who are this people Jesus was refaring to? Read also Mathew 6:7,John 15:18,Mathew 6:16. Wishing you happy sturdy.

Are you just from the moon?
Have you not been seeing religious threads where you can post your thrash? I dont have much to write but will only need a request from you which goes thus:
Please supply the verses of those chapters in full.

Thanks
Re: Islamic Talk: by olabowale(m): 10:16pm On Jan 10, 2008
@Daudatsiga: You should take your own advise, to study other people's religious text. When you have studied the Qur'an, then it may be possible that you can advise somebody else, specifically a Muslim, male or female to read the Bible. If you thing that the Bible is absolute, that is simple your own opinion, and you are truly entitled to one. But my opinion and that of the general Muslim family, is that Qur'an is the last and absolute and everlasting Authority of Religious guidance to Truth of the Creator. There are no three parts to this Creator. He has no beginning, and no end. He does not have any son, or daughter and there is no need for any. It is not that He is unable to handle the affairs of His creations. Afterall He created them by merely commandments of them into existence!! And the Holy spirit of the Bible is nothing more than a creation of God, simply for the purpose of errand running.

In Islam that Holy spirit is our Angel Gabriel. You must have heard that name before. And there is no son, as I have said, therefore Jesus was no more than a creation, through an agent of mother only! Jesus is one of 124,000 Prophets and Messengers of God. All of them were humans, starting from Adam, the first to be created, without a father or mother! Others included Jesus and the last of them, was Muhammad! And it was Muhammad who as the only one sent to all mankinds. Others before him, which included Jesus were sent to the people they were from! Prophets/Messengers were sent to people because of the people worship of idols, polytheism or deviation from the true straight path of worshipping God alone 100%. Although the deviation may not be overt.
Re: Islamic Talk: by mukina2: 10:24pm On Jan 10, 2008
daudatsiga:

Hi! Mukina2.I've sturdy all what you had in mind,but my advice to you is.Since you have sturdy what the Quran say's,please kindly take a time to sturdy Bible and feel free to ask a question in wherever you don't understand.Sturdy carefully and don't confuse yourself in understanding.To begin with your sturdy let me give you on were to start.Read Mark 4:12. Who are this people Jesus was refaring to? Read also Mathew 6:7,John 15:18,Mathew 6:16. Wishing you happy sturdy.

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin
thanks for your advice wink
post the verses maybe i'll know who the people where
Re: Islamic Talk: by olabowale(m): 10:53pm On Jan 10, 2008
On the Issue of Slavery: The first and only slave that Muhammad held was Zaid bin Thabit. He later adopted him. All of this was before he became a Prophet! The Qur'an declares that Master and Slave relationship is not to be between people as the way it was prosecuted or processed by White slave masters and traders on the African slaves and asiatic indenture manpowers.

Therefore, mankind deserves a Master, who is God over them as His slaves, servants, but definitely, beings under His control! Therefore, when there were captives in the wars or excursions of the Muslims against others, while Muhammad was alive, the so called slaves were never deprived of their basic God given human rights. They were fed the same food as the so called masters. They were clothed from the same clothe of the so called masters. No one can say that any of the so called slaves were illtreated by Muhammad or that Muhammad did not excoriate any of the Muslims who he heard illtreated any.

Infact, Zaid did refuse to go back as free man with his fathe. Instaed he chose to stay as a so called slave of muhammad. This was part of the reasons, he was taken to the Public square, the Ka'aba, in Makka, as the custom of the Quraish to announce important matters, whereby Muhammad adopted Zaid!

Further, when Islam began, the Muslims paid the cost of freeing slaves who became Muslims and were being tortured by their idol worshipping Masters! Bilah bin Rabah was a clear example. When adoption was also cancelled and became unislamic, because adoption normally strip the adopted all his/her heritage, including family name, this cancellation of adoption was made on the relationship of Muhammad as the adopted father and Zaid as the adopted son.

Inshort, Slavery when held in the history of Islam, it is not in the same oppressive form as the African slavery. If a Muslim holds somebody as a slave, it will have to be from the reward of war, but that slave can not and should not be treated in an inhumane way! Anyone who does that will find his/her reward of that deed with God.
Re: Islamic Talk: by olabowale(m): 12:20pm On Jan 11, 2008
It was a shock to me when a non Muslim told me that 'heaven,' for them is different from 'paradise!' I try to get a read of i was told by requesting that the person give me what are the characteristics of this heaven as against that of what is known as paradise. It is at this point that I got no further respose. I wonder if this is 'heaven,' as mentioned by this Christian non Muslim, is more of a 'sect' understanding or definition, rather than what the whole Christendom believe.

Thats just by the way. I have to restrict myself from asking a Nairalander who claimed in a post that she can proof from the Qur'an that Allah the Almighty recognised another 'deity,' separate and apart from Himself and what Muhammad (as) thought about his Creator, to please provide them. Unfortunately, talk is cheap. I would have wagered with this person that if her statement, is founded to be baseless, will she then eat back her own pewk, which were the claims she made and then take Shahadah? But you see the internet is an equal opportunity deceiver or rather false pundit proclaimer. If we were all sitting across the table from one another, the equation would never be the same as this on this board, where everyone is anonymous.

It will nice if this person can proof to us what they claim about Allah's Book, the Qur'an and His Messenger, Prophet Muhammad (as), about his Lord! I was surprised when one of the males replaced 'passing over it,' of Verse 71 of Surah Mariam with 'go into it!' The height of dishonesty! Thats what you see on the board in many threads from non Muslims towards Islam!
Re: Islamic Talk: by olabowale(m): 1:43pm On Jan 11, 2008
A non Muslim in America told me that the non Muslim God creates, but Allah can not create even a fly! So I asked, who Created me and all the Muslims? I could not get a response! The usual sets of actions are quickly implemented; changing the subject of discussions or unashamedly saying I do not want to talk about with variants of 'religion is a matter left unspoken about, etc.' It would have been easier to just simply say I do not know, because I do not know everything.

I was going to ask a pungent question, if the conversation had continued: If the non Muslim God was capable of doing everything, is there anything that He restricts Himself from doing, as in forbidden Himself to doing it/them as it/they do not befit His Majesty, or He will not do them now, and reserved for later? For example does this great God who Created and still Creating have to make Himself helpless, as to be nursed to strength by a young virgin, while He had to grow from newly born with all the gouwiness that accompany the birth; the blood and the afterbirth materials and the umbilical cord, which clearly show, that when He was inside the young virgin lady, he needed her nutrients which she gotten from food to aid in his development to fully developed fetus. What was the significance of being this helpless? What are the lessons learnt here then, which He did not teach in the OT? And when this lesson was taught in the NT, the Qur'an had to destroy or deny?

I do not want to bore anybody with the stages of fetal developments, and from newly born to independence. Say at the age of 13, if we have to exaggerate. We find this God, needing food, from that point on, like every persons living in the middle east, at that time. He did not demonstrate, not once that he could do without food, and still survive, even though he was a 'still undeclared god!' He followed and performed all the functions of what make a human being a human being. Never displayed any special talent that had not been dispayed by a person before in History!

He ate, slept, fatigued, needed water, etc, etc. And when he fasted, the same amount days of fast that Moses had performed, before him, infact he was following the tradition of Moses in that fast, we learnt that he hurried away to eat, immediately after the fast was over. And the incident of cursing the fig tree following the law of fruiting of fig tree was recorded, because the tree had no fruit for this god to eat! It would have been a miracle, but not a qualifier as a God if he could have simply commanded the fig tree to bring forth ripened fig fruits! But no, the non Muslims can't see the evil of cursing a tree that is obeying its natural order, but they see this killing of the tree as a sign of elevating this man to a position of deity, deserving worship.

We in Islam on the other hand see the Miracle of the palm date tree, that Allah the All Powerful commanded to come to live, even though it had been cut to a stump and had been dead and dried up for a long time, whereby it immediately fruited and the fruit was ripened and fell to the ground, a distance of an easy reach to a young virgin experiencing the pang of baby delivering pain All she had to do was just shake the tree!

There was no miracle that this human 'god' performed that he did not supplicated to God Almighty! These are just the signs, time and time, again that the Almighty God is separate and apart from the man walking in the streets of Middle east!
Re: Islamic Talk: by pilgrim1(f): 1:53pm On Jan 11, 2008
@olabowale,

olabowale:

It was a shock to me when a non Muslim told me that 'heaven,' for them is different from 'paradise!' I try to get a read of i was told by requesting that the person give me what are the characteristics of this heaven as against that of what is known as paradise. It is at this point that I got no further respose. I wonder if this is 'heaven,' as mentioned by this Christian non Muslim, is more of a 'sect' understanding or definition, rather than what the whole Christendom believe.

With due respect, please go to the relevant thread and seek to engage a genuine discussion on that very issue. We know all too well how you no longer respond to simple queries presented to you after your initial theories.

olabowale:

Thats just by the way. I have to restrict myself from asking a Nairalander who claimed in a post that she can proof from the Qur'an that Allah the Almighty recognised another 'deity,' separate and apart from Himself and what Muhammad (as) thought about his Creator, to please provide them. Unfortunately, talk is cheap. I would have wagered with this person that if her statement, is founded to be baseless, will she then eat back her own pewk, which were the claims she made and then take Shahadah? But you see the internet is an equal opportunity deceiver or rather false pundit proclaimer. If we were all sitting across the table from one another, the equation would never be the same as this on this board, where everyone is anonymous.

I have deliberately tried to stay away from this thread to allow Muslims an enabling environment to discuss Islam. If you would rather sneak in here to be such a coward and pretentiously "restricting" yourself over issues you have never attempted to address, please be advised that you're inviting more than you can chew. If you care, again I invite you to that very thread where pilgrim.1 made that very assertion - I have not claimed to try and "prove" anything from the Qur'an. Rather, I simply want to direct your attention to it, and request that you or any other Muslim address that particular verse without the usual drama that has become your second nature. Do you please care to do so?

olabowale:

It will nice if this person can proof to us what they claim about Allah's Book, the Qur'an and His Messenger, Prophet Muhammad (as), about his Lord!

I would be glad to do so - but not in this thread. I do not want to be perceived as invading a Muslim thread univited. My sole purpose of posting a rejoinder to yours here is to discourage this sneaky cowardly attitude you have betaken for cheap glory.

olabowale:

I was surprised when one of the males replaced 'passing over it,' of Verse 71 of Surah Mariam with 'go into it!' The height of dishonesty!

I'm surprised at your hypocrisy. The various MUSLIM translations directly use that exact clause ("go into it"wink in that verse! Please go there and sse for yourself!!

olabowale:

Thats what you see on the board in many threads from non Muslims towards Islam!

Apologies - NOT! We have often appealed that Muslims who wish to enter into any discussion or debate on Christian issues should drop their hypocrisies and seek genuine exchanges rather than assuming that our aim is rather the same malicious intent that people like YOU olabowale have exhibited towards Christianity and the Bible.

Cheers.

- - - - - - -

PS. @All,

Please excuse my visiting this thread uninvited. This probably won't repeat itself - "probably", I said: if and only if people like olabowale will mind to save their hypocrisies and not try to invite my taking him to task on his bloviates!

Enjoy.
Re: Islamic Talk: by olabowale(m): 2:20pm On Jan 11, 2008
@Pilgim.1: I want you to listen and listen good. I am not going to ever repeat it to you again: Yi yo Ekun, ki nse to jo. You of all people can not scare me. I have your equal as my sons already. I am in the same level with those who can produce you as a daughter. Learn manners and then we can talk.

If you know me, you will learn respect. God Almighty is the Only One I am Afraid of. So go and shed all the garments of pride that you falsely wear! There is nothing you have achieved, nothing that you are the first in it. You have lied long enough and its about time to either put up or shut up.

Do it with your comrades. Islam is too much and it is the only reason I have tolerated you. If I were in front of you, be it in England or your Blood country Nigeria where you have your people, and even if they were to back you up, you could not be this arrogant and not to me. You need to find Honesty first and then your level of comrades. Enough said. I wonder if you could tell your elders that they wear nose rings or that they don't bellyfull, and they will be happy with you. So much for the Yoruba culture! Amu ni buni, eron Ibiye, Ibiye loju kon, eron e loju kon. Oro loboro wa o. Owe ni mo de pa fun e yen. My two sons, do not disrespect any elder, yet they were born outside Nigeria. Yet Olayiwola is already in Medical school and Oladunwo will be finishing engineering this semester! Yet I have lived outside Nigeria longer than you were ever alive on planet earth! And not once do I disrespect or use horrible descriptions/qualifiers for my elders.

Go learn humility first. Then wer can talk. Until then good ridden. I do no see your reason to puff up!
Re: Islamic Talk: by pilgrim1(f): 2:50pm On Jan 11, 2008
Dear olabowale,

No be fight, abeg you. . . you hear? grin I have replied you in another thread (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-102400.96.html#msg1841915) so that Muslims can enjoy their thread.

Shalom.
Re: Islamic Talk: by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 11, 2008
No be fight, abeg you. . . you hear?   I have replied you in another thread (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-102400.96.html#msg1841915) so that Muslims can enjoy their thread.

Shalom.
Nobody is saying you should not post in here.

Afterall,its a very free world.

You can bring sensible questions and not just thrash. We are ready to answer that.

The only thing we won't tolerate or answer is your usual gimmicks of creating confusion and diverting from threads.

Salam. Enjoy
Re: Islamic Talk: by babs787(m): 7:23pm On Jan 11, 2008
@Pilgim.1: I want you to listen and listen good. I am not going to ever repeat it to you again: Yi yo Ekun, ki nse to jo. You of all people can not scare me. I have your equal as my sons already. I am in the same level with those who can produce you as a daughter. Learn manners and then we can talk.

It serves her right. Omo ti ko ni eko. I wonder how she relates with her family members.

If you know me, you will learn respect. God Almighty is the Only One I am Afraid of. So go and shed all the garments of pride that you falsely wear! There is nothing you have achieved, nothing that you are the first in it. You have lied long enough and its about time to either put up or shut up.

Omo ti won ko ba ko ni ile, ita ni won ti ma ko.

Do it with your comrades. Islam is too much and it is the only reason I have tolerated you. If I were in front of you, be it in England or your Blood country Nigeria where you have your people, and even if they were to back you up, you could not be this arrogant and not to me. You need to find Honesty first and then your level of comrades. Enough said. I wonder if you could tell your elders that they wear nose rings or that they don't bellyfull, and they will be happy with you. So much for the Yoruba culture! Amu ni buni, eron Ibiye, Ibiye loju kon, eron e loju kon. Oro loboro wa o. Owe ni mo de pa fun e yen. My two sons, do not disrespect any elder, yet they were born outside Nigeria. Yet Olayiwola is already in Medical school and Oladunwo will be finishing engineering this semester! Yet I have lived outside Nigeria longer than you were ever alive on planet earth! And not once do I disrespect or use horrible descriptions/qualifiers for my elders.

Go learn humility first. Then wer can talk. Until then good ridden. I do no see your reason to puff up!

True talk. She thinks that we are all age mates but forgetting that she happened to be some of us kid's age mate.
Re: Islamic Talk: by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 12, 2008
Salam babs ,

cool down ooo,

any body got any question to ask, ?

Since the topic says islamic talk.

you can bring on anythign you might not understand.
Re: Islamic Talk: by babs787(m): 12:53pm On Jan 13, 2008
@mdsocks

cool down ooo,

any body got any question to ask, ?

Since the topic says islamic talk.

you can bring on anythign you might not understand.

I will come with some questions in due course.
Re: Islamic Talk: by pilgrim1(f): 5:26pm On Jan 13, 2008
mdsocks:

Nobody is saying you should not post in here.

Afterall,its a very free world.

You can bring sensible questions and not just thrash. We are ready to answer that.

The only thing we won't tolerate or answer is your usual gimmicks of creating confusion and diverting from threads.

Salam. Enjoy

@mdsocks,

I have held discussion on this motherbaord with you before. The one thing I have asked Muslims to do is please show WHERE and HOW they feel that I have lied against them or used 'gimmicks'. I hope in all fairness you are aware that your own Muslim brethren have done precisely the very same thing you wrongly allege against me?

I am only asking you to coherently discuss issues and not make blank statements that you cannot substantiate.

Thank you.
Re: Islamic Talk: by babs787(m): 9:14pm On Jan 14, 2008
Islam and worship

True worship frees a man from the bondage of fleshly lusts and draws him into God's presenmce and to spiritual joys.

Islamic worship has many aims. One of them is to rip away the curtains of negligence and ignorance and so to usher in a mighty moral and spiritual re-amarmament and revolution.

Belief shapes thought and actions. Diepierre writes in his book 'the conflict between science and religion'." 'constantine decreed that christianity was an official religion of the Roman Empire and, to please his pagan subjects, permitted many customs of the earlier paganism to be taken up nto christianity.

Stahwood Cobb a christian servant in his book 'lord of the two kabahs, compares muslm and christian worship thus and I quote 'I was allowed to be present in Hagia Sofia Mosque in Istanbul to witness a service of prayer and worship there. In such services repeated genuflections (Rukoo) and prostrations (Sujood) play a large part as the accompaniment to fixed forms of prayer and adoration. I was deeply impressed by the solemnity, humility and reverence of the worshippers. It far surpassed anything I have ever met in any christian church in its sincerity of veneration, depth of self surender and dedicated devotion to the Divine Essence. I shared with other foreigners the privilege of watching the ceremonies of the Night of Power (Laelatul Quadri) on which the Quran was revealed to the Prophet Muhammed. From the balcony in one of the squinches we looked down on the 5,000 worshippers who crowded Hagia Sofia, performing their rukkos and sujoods in perfect unison, rhythm and order. The rustle of their bending to genuflect or prostrate themselves, the sound of their hands being placed on the floor before them, their united uprising made deep quiet waves of reverence fill the vast dome, and ascend heavenward. The sight was splendid matchles, dignified, numinous, humble, reverent, expressive of a sense of individual freedom, democracy, equality which allowed no discriminations of persons or classes. I saw an itinerant carpet vendor cheek by jowl with a Pasha in gorgeous robes, in concorn, without fear of favour, standing, kneeling, prostrating themselves in common worship, while big bellied, dark faced Negroes busied themselves with their religious observances alongside the most chic of the Turks of Istanvul. For Islam from its inception has pursued a creed of brotherhood which it preserves till today.'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

An Atheist's Letter To Nigerian Muslims (El Rufai's Tweet Didnt Result In Riots) / If These Quranic Verses Are True, Then What Is The Problem? / Steps To Avoid Extra-marital Affairs In The Workplace (and Elsewhere)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.