Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,388 members, 7,954,565 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:28 PM

Nigerians Who Went From Dirt Poor To Stinkingly Rich - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerians Who Went From Dirt Poor To Stinkingly Rich (875 Views)

Poor State Of Police Barracks Around Nigeria (Photos) / 11 Nigerians Who Work At Twitter Headquarters, San Francisco (Photos) / 6 Exceptional Nigerians Who Work At Apple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Who Went From Dirt Poor To Stinkingly Rich by Choiszman(m): 11:19am On Aug 15, 2017
These Nigerians live a life of stupendous wealth. They are many times as rich as the average Nigerian.

They drive the most expensive cars, throw the biggest parties and the media can’t get enough of them. However what we might not know is that these people came from a poor background.

They worked their way up the ladder and they are today one of the richest people in the country.

1. Cosmas Maduka

Cosmas Maduka is the CEO of Coscharis Group, a multi-billion naira conglomerate involved in manufacturing and importation. He initially had things very rough for him.

At the age of 4 he lost his dad. To support his mom and other siblings he started selling bean cake in the market. He would climb palm trees to cut down palm fruits for elderly women to make some money.

At the age of 16 he was sent to Lagos to work as an auto-mechanic apprentice with his uncle. He used to sleep in the shop as his uncle also didn’t have a place of his own. However Cosmas was not deterred, he was diligent and honest.

His uncle would later give him N200, which he used to start a venture with his brothers known as Madukas Brothers. The venture didn’t last as he pulled out to start his own business known as Coscharis Group. Today the Coscharis Group is a diversified conglomerate with interest in Automobile, Medical, Foods & Beverages, Information Technology, Engineering, and Agriculture.

Re: Nigerians Who Went From Dirt Poor To Stinkingly Rich by Choiszman(m): 11:20am On Aug 15, 2017
2 ORJI UZOR KALU

Orji Uzor Kalu did not come from a wealthy home but through a dint of hard work he has been able to build an empire worthy of emulation.

Orji Uzor Kalu is one of the most enterprising Nigerians. At age 26 he was awarded the National Merit Award by Ibrahim Babangida.

He started his company with N35 he borrowed from his mom to buy and sell palm oil. He quickly made quick profits from this business. He later went into buying and selling of furniture.

He established Slok Holding, a conglomerate present in major African cities with interest in airlines, oil mills, banking, and publishing.

In 2014, he was honoured by Forbes as the 26 richest man in Africa with a networth of $1 billion.

Re: Nigerians Who Went From Dirt Poor To Stinkingly Rich by Choiszman(m): 11:23am On Aug 15, 2017
3. Nnamdi Ezeigbo

Nnamdi attended Yaba College of Technology where he obtained an HND in Electrical engineering. He proceeded to Lagos State University to obtain a degree in Electronics Engineering.

After his graduation, he struggled to get a job. He then started working as an apprentice learning how to repair computers. After six months he left his master to start his own computer repair business.

His customers grew quickly due to his honesty and knowledge in the computer repair work. He got his break when an old customer gave him some printers to resell. Nnamdi made good profits from the business and rented a shop of his own.

Today Nnamdi runs Slot Systems Ltd and he is the biggest phone retailer in the country.

Click here for more http://m.af1234.com/Af1234/details?id=417

Great things come from little. These men have shown us how to build an empire from nothing. It only takes hardwork, focus, and persistence.

Re: Nigerians Who Went From Dirt Poor To Stinkingly Rich by Choiszman(m): 11:24am On Aug 15, 2017
CC: lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Nigerians Who Went From Dirt Poor To Stinkingly Rich by CAPTAIND5235(m): 11:31am On Aug 15, 2017
This are the kind of people I can look up to, not all this Nigerian singers that unnecessarily display wealth on social media
Re: Nigerians Who Went From Dirt Poor To Stinkingly Rich by CAPTAIND5235(m): 11:34am On Aug 15, 2017
Hmmm, IGBOS again, why?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Went From Dirt Poor To Stinkingly Rich by Choiszman(m): 11:35am On Aug 15, 2017
Lol

It's just the first three i got my hands on...

Not in the way you think
CAPTAIND5235:
Hmmm, IGBOS again, why?
Re: Nigerians Who Went From Dirt Poor To Stinkingly Rich by PastorDavidJr: 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2017
Are you a business person? Do you have your super market? Are you looking for a product to sell? Are you looking to have a side business for yourself? Are you looking to be your own boss? Or looking for a profitable business idea in Nigeria? Are you looking for a product that will move fast? Then I have the product for you. I am a distributor of Ivory Beauty Soap a popular complexion soap in the South West of Nigeria and I am selling out fast, if you are interested in helping distribute my goods in the South West (Serious applicants only)

Please contact me on info@notebytee.com or send Whats app number.

First 4 serious inquiries will get trade support.

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Data Analysis Interpretation And Expert / Is Computer Science Degree Still Relevant??? / Deeper Life Bible Church To Host Summit For Young Professionals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.