Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,622 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive (19279 Views)

Someone Learning How To Drive With Mercedes Benz C300 In Abuja (Photo) / See How Long It Takes The World’s Richest People To Pay Off Their Cars / If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by obagangan: 9:16am On Aug 16, 2017
one day along lagos- ibadan express road
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by drnoel: 9:18am On Aug 16, 2017
patola080:
8yrs u re so dull oooo n if is ur child now u will b telling dem dat it took u just a day to learn it

Really?? Maybe not. I can relate with that guy. Maybe u should rephrase ur question to how long after learning did u start driving. Has nothing to do with dullness.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by gbzed(m): 9:20am On Aug 16, 2017
I can't say how long cos no one thought me how to drive, I started by go forward and backwards with my mother's. Sienna it was automatic, I mastered real quick but I didn't know how to drive manual cos we didn't have manual cars in our aus until one of my neighbors bought on mazada 323 car, the first day I drove d manual my leg was shaking on the turtle, the car just dey die for road cos I dey quick comot leg for turtle, but later few days later I turn to master, I no Bleep up d first day wey I enta express. Mazda cars are underrated in Nigeria it's a fucking good car, if I ent express with the car Omo I dey fire, camry sef dey pursue me e no dey catch, I learnt mechanic for like thre months just because I wan sabi drive manual our neighbour wey get d car na meco, Kazzem

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by chokovirus: 9:21am On Aug 16, 2017
[quote author=julietm123 post=59520582]I have this phobia for driving especially on Nigerian roads. I didn't learn so quick but using automatic gear made it easy for me. My problem now is am scared of driving on Nigerians roads. It's so sad for me. Can't go to most places on my own. [/quo

Yea. Had similar issue. I was driving in Abuja but when I go to ph it was a different ball game entirely. I had to abandon the steering for my boys after my car was bashed.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by bigplayerz(m): 9:22am On Aug 16, 2017
It took me 3hours
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by Segibambo(m): 9:24am On Aug 16, 2017
We’ll be diving head first to creating our first video. In the first part, we looked at a detailed description of the user interface of our choice software, VideoScribe. The basic elements of a whiteboard video being a script/storyboard, voice over and post production process.

Writing your first Script and Story Board

Script

We’ll be making a short script and storyboard for a hypothetical company called Blue-Hyphen, a security solution company that prevents cyber attacks and other related security issues....

Read more... https://www.nairaland.com/3991553/learn-how-create-whiteboard-video
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by omoikea(m): 9:27am On Aug 16, 2017
AryaSand:
Still Learning. Lol.l! I'm a horrible driver. Only the person who taught me how to drive will take a ride with me, others are scared i'll kill them or something.

i will take a ride with you... give me date
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by Dheliozy(m): 9:33am On Aug 16, 2017
One day
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by dakeskese(m): 9:34am On Aug 16, 2017
Just nine minutes. Na Autojosh teach me
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 16, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
tчpícαl njα mαn.. ínѕtєαd mαkє u fírѕt gσ drívíng ѕchσσl.. u wαn fírѕt вuч.. guчѕ dєч mєѕѕ up gαnnnn.. σh вσч gσ lєαrn fírѕt..
If learn finish and i no see car drive whats the use? Its more profitable to buy car first.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by Jeffy1206(m): 9:48am On Aug 16, 2017
Just tried once at home and off to the road the next day... Horrible tho shocked grin
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 16, 2017
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 16, 2017
omoikea:

i will take a ride with you... give me date
(1) Why Should I do that?
(2) Where are we going?
(3) I don't even have a Car.
(4) There's no 4.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by greggng: 9:53am On Aug 16, 2017
I registered for 18days training but within 5days I abandon the training became expert in driving
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by zinaunreal(m): 9:55am On Aug 16, 2017
Need for speed and Grand theft auto. No difference. I dont crash my car in games. Never will in real life
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by ChykeBivins(m): 9:59am On Aug 16, 2017
I stole my mum's 505 evolution at age 15 the day she decided to go to work without it...Thankfully I didn't kill anybody that day because I had been watching her engage the manual gear for about a year..I rerecieve plenty insult sha that day cos I was driving at the centre of the road..hehehehe...
I have perfected the art..more that 20 yrs later and taught all my siblings ati iyawo..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:03am On Aug 16, 2017
SAVEDBABA:
If learn finish and i no see car drive whats the use? Its more profitable to buy car first.
nσ вrσ.. lєαrn tσ thínk σutѕídє thє вσх.. ít'ѕ αn єmвαrrαѕѕmєnt αѕ ít wєrє fσr α guч nσt tσ knσw hσw tσ drívє.. thєrє cσuld вє α ѕítuαtíσn whєrє u wíll вє thє σnlч guч αrσund ín cαѕє σf єmєrgєncч σn thє rσαd thєrє íѕ α cαr αnd íf σnlч u cσuld drívє u wíll ѕαvє lívєѕ.. wσuld u fєєl єmвαrrαѕѕєd σr nσt?wíll u єvєr ѕlєєp αt níght.. knσwíng íf u cσuld drívє lívєѕ cσuld hαvє вєєn ѕαvєd?ít'ѕ juѕt mч σpíníσn thσugh.. í líkє tσ αlwαчѕ hєlp αnd dσ thíngѕ í knσw ít'ѕ єхpєctєd σf mє αѕ α mαn.. вч thє wαч í ѕtαrtєd drívíng αt thє αgє σf 14. tσdαч í'm 31.. í trч tσ єncσurαgє pєσplє mαnч σppσrtunítíєѕ wíll σpєn íf чσu drívє trчѕt mє.. mσѕt cσmpαníєѕ ín єurσpє nσw єvєn put drívíng ѕkíllѕ αѕ σnє σf thє prєrєquíѕítєѕ.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by proff010: 10:04am On Aug 16, 2017
mine was immediately I bought my car. though nobody taught me and after 3days of putting L around d street I drove straight to ijebuode. though going was tough on d express but while coming back to Lagos it was very easy. I still enjoy the car over 4years now Toyota corolla.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by UmecheMoses(m): 10:07am On Aug 16, 2017
I was a GTA freak. My uncle took my dad and I to learn driving.
Well, I took the keys of the Subaru Legacy and drove the 4wd manual without any fuss. This was the first time I drove a real car... They asked me where I learnt, I told them I learn by observing people drive , then I learnt steering a car right by playing GTA and reading about cars and how they function online.
But the most important factor is God who blessed me with a quick mind. That's how I learnt 14 musical instruments too.

4 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 16, 2017
Started driving at 16 and I am still a learner.

To come here and see people calling themselves perfect drivers is funny. What can one say though.

It took me 2 months......my aunt kept postponing the class. The excitement after the first class. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by UmecheMoses(m): 10:10am On Aug 16, 2017
I was a GTA freak. My uncle took my dad and I to learn driving.
Well, I took the keys of the Subaru Legacy and drove the 4wd manual without any fuss. This was the first time I drove a real car... They asked me where I learnt, I told them I learn by observing people drive , then I learnt steering a car right by playing GTA and reading about cars and how they function online.
But the most important factor is God who blessed me with a quick mind. That's how I learnt 14 musical instruments too
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by bejeria101(m): 10:13am On Aug 16, 2017
1 week and im yet to get my 1st accident. Was told your 1st accident was your rite of passage lol
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by Mrlouis: 10:20am On Aug 16, 2017
Learnt an automatic trans vehicle in a day...learnt a manual shift stick in a day too subsequently but was having issues mastering the clutch and gas pedal combination..the car would stall most of the time upon starting.. But today, I drive anything on wheels.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by Dreydoe(m): 10:21am On Aug 16, 2017
still don't know how to drive...willing to learn.. if i see affordable driving school..not d ridiculous price out dere ds days

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 16, 2017
I would say a week.

1st week, I constantly had my driver on the passenger's side, giving me the no fear, dey go- push grin

2nd week; Emma didn't turn up on time and I had to leave for work so I drove.

grin Menh! That drive to work was the loooongest freaking bitter drive ever... a normal 30 mins drive took me over 1 hour grin. I was the oluku of the road that morning. Those of you familiar with Agip roundabout and ada George rd, Phc will understand grin. At these junctions; I stopped for everything to pass( buses, taxis, keke, wheel barrow, bicycle, people). I can't even remember how many times the thought of just parking that car along the rd and going my way crossed my mind. Not to mention that I cursed out my driver almost every second as I drove to work that day cheesy. FEAR of the unknown.

Twas a bitter sweat experience but after that initiation grin boy! Did i become king of the road!!!! Back then, I would just get in the car nd drive to the convenience store down my house cos I was always itching to drive.. NOW! I'M SOOO TIRED OF DRIVING grin

7 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by luluman: 11:02am On Aug 16, 2017
Less than one month cos I rode motorcycle well before then.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by Urchmahn(m): 11:15am On Aug 16, 2017
Badgers14:

it was in the village actually but it was a long distance in my brother car, I took his wife in and my Lil nephew to the market, I actually have been sitting close to people driving some of my friends described how it is! What made me do it was my bro wife is still young and she's already learning and here I am big ass grown man can't drive, I took the keys pretendingI can drive , hahahaha all I could hear in the back seat was screams! My mom, my brothers and sisters were all out watching me as I drove off I had to reverse first, it was an awesome day!! I felt like a boss

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by Ochima75(m): 11:18am On Aug 16, 2017
Hmmm bn watching dad drive coz i fancy cars alot.... So one day tld him i wanted to learn so he took me to a field nearby nd drove round nd i dd too he didn't allow me drive home coz he was fearing i wld bash d car buh he was surprised to see me drive d family to an evening service and back coz he wasn't around.... although it's an automatic.

Since then i hv bn driving even on d express never bashed d car nor anyone's.
1st day i drove manual transmission i reversed wt it nd dd that accurately although i don't lyk manual i prefer the semi- auto cars and automatic cars ...

I tink d best way to gt ur driving well is to remove fear nd be confident even.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by krak101(m): 11:19am On Aug 16, 2017
1 week... With manual transmission
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by fabianiweka: 11:26am On Aug 16, 2017
Damilare5882:
No one thousand me how to drive... I started driving the day I sneakly took my dad's car out( automatic oo)... Actually I do watch him when ever he's driving so I learnt that while sitting down beside him... But so sad I can't drive manual but I don't care Jare.... Manual seems like a whahala car to me
Manuel car is very interesting to drive,you are in control basic of driving is confident
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by Ochima75(m): 11:35am On Aug 16, 2017
Dreydoe:
still don't know how to drive...willing to learn.. if i see affordable driving school..not d ridiculous price out dere ds days

I tink dt price shld make u find an alternative to learning how to drive lyk meeting sme frnds who hv d car nd willing to lt u learn soo instead of paying money to driving school.... U cn use d money to be buying fuel

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by omoikea(m): 11:41am On Aug 16, 2017
AryaSand:
(1) Why Should I do that? (2) Where are we going? (3) I don't even have a Car. (4) There's no 4.
why you dey confuse me
which one you wan make i answer now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? / Hypercar On Steroids,See The New 2020 Lamborghini Huracán EVO / Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.