Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Ayo Oritsejafor's Doctrine Of Death And Definition Of A Devil. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ayo Oritsejafor's Doctrine Of Death And Definition Of A Devil. (2157 Views)

Crisis Hits CAN Over Oritsejafor's Plan To Rig Election For Preferred Candidate / Musa Dikwa Apologises To Oritsejafor & Oyedepo Over N7 Billion Allegation / Private Jet Is A Necessity And Not A Luxury - Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayo Oritsejafor's Doctrine Of Death And Definition Of A Devil. by july123(m): 4:18pm On Feb 16, 2010
I am compelled to speak forth on this issue, honestly appalled at recent statements by a leading Pentecostal pastor and the blithe lack of public outcry thereafter.

Mahatma Ghandi was unequivocal in his assessment of our modern era of Christianity: “I like your Christ but I don’t like you Christians.” Sadly, Christ’s hypothetical ambassadors on earth, namely pastors, bishops, overseers and their kin, often fuel further such insipid insinuation by their questionable conduct and character. And thus, ‘sheep’ in their multitudes blindly follow in the direction (or misdirection) of their shepherds.

It appears our gravitas surrender to religious persona in Nigeria has stooped to such extent that we readily accept and endorse that which unmistakably contradicts the very Scriptures our faith is supposed to be anchored on. As long as the ‘pastor’ said it, we are ready to abide by and adhere to doctrines that actually pervert the essence of the very Gospel Christ lived and died for, which slyly sow the vicious seeds of enmity, discord and division throughout the vineyard.

In this instance, I am referring to the words of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, the leader of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, who openly opined of recent that for Nigeria to live, God must literally execute, destroy and wipe out our corrupt leaders. In his own words, “You know, in Ghana, Rawlings shot them. But we can’t do that in Nigeria. So we are praying that those who refuse to change, God should kill them, they should die. Because there are some people, if they don’t die, Nigeria may not move forward. So we are praying that such people should die. God should kill them. God can kill. God makes a life, and God kills too. So there are some people who may have to die, some structures God may have to destroy to move Nigeria forward. ”(See clip on YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULhEsq7RBiE)

Now I am by no means condoning the acts of corruption that pervade our government like a cankerous cataract blinding and binding our national vision and direction, nor am I admonishing silence or inertia on the part of ministers of God on this critical issue. But for God’s sake, where is the biblical backing for such a callous stance? It is unimaginable that a religious leader of such class and calibre could make these profoundly unethical, unscriptural and unmoral assertions at such a time as this. It indeed gives further credence to the crumbling reputation Pentecostalism in Nigeria is steadily gaining.

The question I pose for Ayo and his fuming fellows – has God created anyone that cannot change? Consider the case of Apostle Paul, a sworn enemy and persecutor of Christ who transformed into one of the greatest apostles in the history of the church. If Paul had been killed by prayers from the likes of Ayo, what story would then be told? What record would be written? And if some sinners are truly ‘unchangeable’, where then is the mystery of grace? Grace does not consider where one is coming from – whether a prostitute, armed robber or corrupt government official. Whoever desires can receive of His saving grace (Revelation 22:17). The corrupt official Ayo wants his God to eradicate could be Nigeria’s saviour tomorrow.

But it goes deeper. These utterances are simply products of an erroneous doctrine that has characterised the prayers and petitions of Pentecostal Christianity in Nigeria for far too long. When you hearken to the prayers of these saints, as charismatically charged by their pastors, it invariably involves the casting and binding, loosing and booting, smiting and fighting of their enemies - whatever colour, calibre or class you can imagine. Prayer meetings often resound with blood-curdling shrieks of damnation and condemnation.

What then happened to the divine injunction in Matthew 5:44 – “Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you?” Who will then eat from the table spoken of in Psalm 23:5 – “You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies?” The focus has been shrewdly shifted from the root to the fruit, thus not providing any permanence in result and resolution. It is verging on stupidity to pray against human enemies, when there is a deeper unseen force behind them. Those prayers will yield fruitless results, nothing but mere noise.

In fact, I make bold to say such seditious statements and prayer points are actually leading people astray from the truth and away from Christ. They are not rooted in scriptural sanctity and security. Aside, they appear to be an open admission that the cruel grip of corruption now supersedes the forces and fight for good in our nation, thereby magnifying the satanic powers causing crises above the Almighty God, whom the Pentecostals serve. This is, of course, not true. Nigeria is God’s own nation, and we shall arise from our present darkness. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

So, what now is the way out? What should be the role of ministers of God in the community and nation? Romans 12:21 provides a practical answer: “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” It is time for our religious leaders to practice what they preach, to lead their people by example, to be the change they desire to see. It is time for Christians to do what is good to change the bad they complain about, to be known as people who stand for justice, not merely against injustice, to not only discuss and deliberate on the problems but be a practical part of the solution. Being a pastor is not about a title, but a lifestyle.

Turning to a more touchy issue, it shocks me that this same man has the balls to define a pastor who, to me, is doing the real work of Christianity, as a devil. T.B. Joshua, although not treading traditional and conventional paths, is a father to the fatherless and a mother to the motherless – irrespective of religion or race. Whilst Ayo and his ilk cruise in their hummers and shuttle off in their private jets, TB is feeding the widows, orphans, dwarves, physically challenged, elderly - those rejected and neglected by almost everyone else. He even sent a team to Haiti. Who then is a devil? The one who exhibits love or the one who spreads discord? In any case, since Ayo’s mentor, Benny Hinn, has publicly attested to Joshua’s authenticity and sought his counsel, it’s about time he lays his pride by the side, comes out clean on his mistaken judgement, and gets his learning cap on.

I actually believe the Pentecostals, if ready to humble themselves, can learn many things from Joshua.  If the Nigerian church could forsake their petty differences and unite under the banner of one love, one faith and one hope, irrespective of tribe or denomination, what incredible potential lies therein to bring about positive change in our nation.
Re: Ayo Oritsejafor's Doctrine Of Death And Definition Of A Devil. by JeSoul(f): 4:23pm On Feb 16, 2010
July, this is a very well thought-out and written piece, I commend you highly. I'm only saddened that those of us that need to heed these words will most certainly be deaf to them.
Re: Ayo Oritsejafor's Doctrine Of Death And Definition Of A Devil. by KunleOshob(m): 4:32pm On Feb 16, 2010
Can you imagine Ayo orisejafor, the president of the most corrupt and fraudulent sectof churches today condenming politicians for bening corrupt  shocked i laugh in summuersaulting spiritual tongues grin Those that live in glass houses don't throw stones  tongue Evidently from his submissions his doctrine is that of the devil himself and i am still yet to know why these demons continuosly condenm TB Joshua whose ministry is doing ten times more God's work than the whole of the churches under PFN Nigeria combined. The PFN is a total disgrace to the body of christ and they should not be considered as christians.
Re: Ayo Oritsejafor's Doctrine Of Death And Definition Of A Devil. by ogajim(m): 8:36pm On Feb 16, 2010
OP, I can't say that I agree with you totally, I remember that guy from the hey days of TV evangelism with his Jerry curl and heavily accented American English. Your post reminds me of Bob Marley's " Natural mystic" song!

We do know that God would not support the kind of robberies being performed on Nigerians from all corners, the human way of thinking would be that those who can't accept Nigeria's change for the better would have to die but God might have other plans for them. I use to laugh at the common Nigerian refrain " over my dead body", we make that without knowing what side God is on which would mean that if God supports the opposing view, that person will have to die undecided
Re: Ayo Oritsejafor's Doctrine Of Death And Definition Of A Devil. by skonto: 11:21am On Mar 19, 2010
this post is really interesting because everything inside is true, how they use to condemn the real men of God in our country, just look at the case of T.B Joshua that man is really helping people out there, the widows, orhangs, scholarship to teenagers and helping hand to the dwarf. what else the they expect again from him . how many pastors on earth is doing this without a pride? let us embrace an achiever because without God in is life all this will never be possible.
Re: Ayo Oritsejafor's Doctrine Of Death And Definition Of A Devil. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:09pm On Mar 19, 2010
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; [2] For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. [3] For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; [4] Who will have all men to be saved, and to come to the knowledge of the truth. [5] For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. -- 1 Tim. 2:1-2 (The Evidence Bible)

I hope the body of Christ will remain focussed on the mission we are called to. Below is a quote from Alvin J. Vander Griend which puts it succintly as follows:

"God gave us intercessory prayer so we could partner with Him in transforming society, saving the lost, and establishing His Kingdom. To be sure, God is perfectly capable of doing these things without us. He is all-wise, full of love, and almighty. In His wisdom He always knows what is best. In His love He always chooses what is best. And in His power He is able to do what is best. He doesn't need us. Nevertheless, in His sovereign good pleasure, He has chosen to involve us, through our prayers in accomplishing His will. Our intercessory prayers are important to God; they should also be important to us."

Re: Ayo Oritsejafor's Doctrine Of Death And Definition Of A Devil. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:02pm On Mar 19, 2010
I mean really, asides the fact that he changed hair-styles and his head looks annoyingly small these days, he is saying something, after all in the old days of the Old Testament, God sent prophets to read the riot act to bad leaders, he even killed bad leaders and nations prayed for their evil leaders to die and God granted their prayers, y'know this may not be a bad idea grin
Re: Ayo Oritsejafor's Doctrine Of Death And Definition Of A Devil. by CHARLOE(m): 7:31am On Mar 21, 2010
@ July, i may not agree with everything pst Ayo says, but on this one am in total support/agreement. Somebody, wether man or God has to do d dirty job, cos with some pple still around i don't see hw this country can move forward. To them Nigeria is their personal property and anybody that stand in thier way must be eliminated. Greedy, blood-sucking, devilish leaders/politicians, bent on holding a country of over 150m pple to ransom, stealing & piling wealth for their generations unborn. Let them die and burn in hell for all i care, so this (potentially) great nation can move forward!
These pen robbers are worse than arm robbers (Like Fela rightly said), they have no fear of God and thier attitude when they rob d pple is 'Heaven will not fall, and if heaven like let it fall!', CRIMINALS!
Seriously, i sometimes dream of a Jerry Rawlings solution in this country.

(1) (Reply)

How To Tap From The Supernatural And Open Doors / Misconceptions About Islam Terrorism, Violence, And Jihad / My Encounter With Lucifer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.