Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,438 members, 7,958,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:16 PM

How Do You Find Web Development Projects - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do You Find Web Development Projects (1125 Views)

Recommend Site Where One Can Get Web Development Projects For Practice / Hire Me For All Your Web Development Projects. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Find Web Development Projects by pulsa(m): 7:29pm On Aug 16, 2017
Hello my fellow Nigerian programmers I am a python django web developer self taught and would like to know you guys tips for getting web development projects, with the little research I've made I discovered that you need a good number of repositories on your github profile and if possible create a landing portfolio profile website(preferably static which can be hosted freely on github pages), then create valuable content on sites like medium and hope for the best.

And I am wondering if there is another way to go about this as most of Nigerian job ads ask for php programmers with proficiency in an unbelievable number of other languages and their frameworks and my foray into remote jobs posted on sites like indeed, stackoverflow and even hackernews monthly job posts, has proved futile i am currently even trying toptal and have been scheduled for a Skype interview but word around is they are very selective top 3% or something.

So I will like your esteemed advice on how to proceed from here and get projects or perhaps a prudent reveal that am even going about this all wrong as I am now starting to suspect.
Re: How Do You Find Web Development Projects by segbolon: 3:44am On Aug 17, 2017
Gain experience. Don't be scared of frameworks. Learn as much as you can, build practical projects.
With python, if you know Django you should be able to find a gig. Learn flask as well and you will be well rounded.
How good are you? I really don't have a python project, but I can give you a gig to build a proof of concept if you are good.

The problem with Nigerian programmers so far, not all, but most is that they know very little but think they know enough. The problem is because the compare themselves to other fellow programmers who don't know much.

If you want to access your skills, you should be able to go study read a large code base on GitHub of a popular project and not be scared. You should be able to make changes and understand the structure. You should know and follow good code practices, such as good design, knowing your design patterns, SOLID principles, clean code, how to write unit, functional and integration tests. Good naming, of course a good knowledge of the base language, it's standard libraries, etc.

Keep at it, take anything you can, and keep building. Keep learning. you will grow.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Answer. Please Help / Rate My Design Using CSS And HTML Only (PICTURE) / Youtube No Longer Support Offline Download For Free Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.