Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,379 members, 7,815,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Are You Pro-life Or Pro-choice? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Are You Pro-life Or Pro-choice? (536 Views)

The US Won’t Issue Passports Except It’s A Life-or-death Situation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You Pro-life Or Pro-choice? by Droleo1: 11:27pm On Aug 16, 2017
Many have argued that women should have control over their reproductive organs in the ongoing controversy surrounding the moral, religious and legal stand of induced abortion. This has resulted in the formation of movements like pro-life and pro-choice.

Pro-life refer to anti-abortion movements against the practice and legality of abortion. The advocate of pro-life argue that life begins at conception and the human embryo is a person and has right to life.There are false medical claims by some pro-life groups that abortion causes breast cancer or damages future fertility. On the other hand, pro-choice refer to movements in support of the that women should have the right to an elective abortion. Their argument is based on the fact that a woman has the right to make her personal choice as it involves her body, health and future. Also, the availability of legal abortion reduces the number of women exposed to exposed to the numerous risks associated with illegal abortions. Despite the arguments by the pro-choice movements, majority are anti-abortion.

In an online poll in which 3073 people participated, 70% were in support of the pro-life movement while just about 21% supported the pro-choice movement, 8% had no preference for either movements.

For more information, visit:

http://www.droleo.com/2017/07/are-you-pro-life-or-pro-choice.html?m=1
Re: Are You Pro-life Or Pro-choice? by tshege(m): 2:22am On Aug 17, 2017
Pro-choice.

I am not going to give reasons for my choice because nothing will change the opinion of pro-life most probably because they are coming from a religious angle.
Re: Are You Pro-life Or Pro-choice? by Droleo1: 9:42am On Aug 17, 2017
tshege:
Pro-choice.

I am not going to give reasons for my choice because nothing will change the opinion of pro-life most probably because they are coming from a religious angle.

You are right. Most religion preach prolife.

Dr Leonard

(1) (Reply)

Can Art Courses Make Medical Students Better Doctors? / 5 Reasons You Should Get The HPV Vaccine Now! / 5 Simple Tricks To Control Your Ejaculation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.