Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Help With Screen Overlay Problem On My Android Phone - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help With Screen Overlay Problem On My Android Phone (1072 Views)

Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? / Please Help With Screen Overlay Problem On My Android Phone / Help With My Screen Overlay Problem On My Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Screen Overlay Problem On My Android Phone by praises16: 7:03pm On Aug 17, 2017
Dear Programmers

Please I humbly and seriously still
seek your help with regards to my phone.
I use Tecno W2 with Android 6.0

I realised that a Trojan had entered my phone, and when Avast failed to resolve the issue, I had to format the phone.
After formatting, I went to Google Play Store to download and restore my apps.

Suddenly I started getting a message as follows:
YOU HAVE TO TURN OFF SCREEN OVERLAY in settings.

I delved in and tried to fix it by removing permissions for various apps. I eventually removed overlay permission for everything to no avail.

Then I went online to read. I realised that it's usually a certain type of App that causes it. I tried to find the culprit all in vain.

I also learnt that overlay comes usually when one app seeking permission is open and another seeks permission.

I formatted the phone a second time and being very careful to ensure one app does not remain open while the other seeks permission.

I succeeded for a while but as I'm writing this, the story has changed again. Screen overlay permission.

I can't even upload the screenshot of the issue.

Please help me. I need to get this done.

Thanks a lot in anticipation.
Re: Help With Screen Overlay Problem On My Android Phone by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 17, 2017
Uninstall FBabel fonts application

1 Like

Re: Help With Screen Overlay Problem On My Android Phone by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
Go to settings and look for any app that requires permission for drawing over other apps and stop the permission. Happened to me too
Re: Help With Screen Overlay Problem On My Android Phone by praises16: 12:32am On Aug 18, 2017
cheesy
iNewton:
Uninstall FBabel fonts application
Yay!!!
IT WORKED!!!

I disabled and uninstalled updates for FBabel Fonts

Programmers, you rock BIG TIME!
Thank you o iNewton
Thank you Programmers
Thank you Mr Seun
Thank you Nairaland���
Re: Help With Screen Overlay Problem On My Android Phone by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2017
Thank u sir
Re: Help With Screen Overlay Problem On My Android Phone by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 18, 2017
glad you got your solution easier, i had to reinstall custom firmware for my device after reset application preferences failed

meanwhile

A Plea For Help

i sincerely plead with everyone in this forum to lend a helping hand to my case, as i am broken, confused and basically at the mercy of harsh realities
i am a final year student in a state polytechnic and a freelance computer engineer which has sustained me in school since year 2 as well as enabled me contribute my quota to my family.
since the recession began my little startup has faced little or no patronage(the case with everyone) and trust me being a fighter i forged on regarless of if i had cash or was cashless.

A couple of Bad Deals and an unfortunate work related accident has left me in debt to the tune of 89,000 and i am facing deadlines which have all left me shattered and confused. i am currently afraid of my creditors meanwhile my own debtors (3 in number have either absconded from town or blocked me from reaching them)
Two of my creditors have already threatened to block me from defending my Final project and writing my exams which i have seen happen to others before. i am totally fearful of having 5 years of struggle to see myself through school destroyed by this.

i plead with anyone with a listening ear to help me with whatever amount you can, nothing is to small or to big

i know lots of people take advantage of this kind of situation to prey on people's goodwill and profit irresponsibly but i am not of that stock ( i intend to dupe or scam no one), i have never gone as far as this before but with the weight on my shoulder,my fears and the realization that no one around wants to help me, i have no choice.

i dont care if i have money to feed or in my account, i have seen worse than that but i just want to clear up this debts and have peace of mind, focus on my final exams, look for innovative means of improving my little startup and contribute meaninfully to the society without anyone breathing down my back.

Please Help in anyway. Thank you FOR YOU AUDIENCE and Godbless you.

(1) (Reply)

What's The Best-way-to-become-a-rockstar-software-engineer-in-the-shortest Time? / How To Recover A Corrupted Dbf File? / Mobile Application Developer Urgently Needed At A Fast Growing ICT Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.