Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,735 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? (22519 Views)

Learn Web Dev/ Programming From A Well Known Source And Get A Certified Degree. / Learn Programming From Scratch With These Wonderful Apps / Learn Java Programming From The Begining. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Idonweak: 1:08pm On Oct 23, 2019
I don't have a laptop, and i don't have money to get one for now. So i want to know if i can learn using my andriod phone. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by judgementyard(m): 1:15pm On Oct 23, 2019
ok
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by BoleAndFish: 2:13pm On Oct 23, 2019
Idonweak:
I don't have a laptop, and i don't have money to get one for now. So i want to know if i can learn using my andriod phone. Thanks

To an extent. It also depends on what exactly you want to learn.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Idonweak: 2:38pm On Oct 23, 2019
BoleAndFish:
To an extent. It also depends on what exactly you want to learn.

Thanks.
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Venzee(m): 12:52am On Oct 24, 2019
Brother... We are in the same boat.. am learning programming with my Android phone. I have lent up to 4 languages and perfect in those languages. No one touch me any language at all. All I do is to research around look for PDF Tutorials and learn with some apps that I use to write my codes.
All recommend you to your play and download 'w3schools offline' that was the first app I use to learn programming with phone.. and after that just research around get PDF Tutorials this method will help you allot. Don't worry about pc for now the only time you should worry about pc is when you want code a very complex project like application or softwares..

131 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by koyla: 5:12pm On Oct 24, 2019
Yes, there are lot of apps to help you write and debug even offline nowadays so yes but when you get enough money, you upgrade to laptop.
Idonweak:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Idonweak: 9:41am On Oct 25, 2019
koyla:
Yes, there are lot of apps to help you write and debug even offline nowadays so yes but when you get enough money, you upgrade to laptop.

Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Idonweak: 9:42am On Oct 25, 2019
Venzee:
Brother... We are in the same boat.. am learning programming with my Android phone. I have lent up to 4 languages and perfect in those languages. No one touch me any language at all. All I do is to research around look for PDF Tutorials and learn with some apps that I use to write my codes.
All recommend you to your play and download 'w3schools offline' that was the first app I use to learn programming with phone.. and after that just research around get PDF Tutorials this method will help you allot. Don't worry about pc for now the only time you should worry about pc is when you want code a very complex project like application or softwares..
I really appreciate bro. Your comment was really helpful

6 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by luvyaself95(m): 5:58pm On Oct 26, 2019
Yes, you can learn programming on your phone but it have limitation and that why i go all mean to get a laptop.
with the help of
Aide java / ndk support
Cxxdroid
pydroid
you can reach some goals.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Generalsamm(m): 9:59pm On Oct 26, 2019
Venzee:
Bro...am also facing the same predicament, pls can u put me through on how to go about it sir or better still if u can just tell me the names of those apps so i can download them right away sir. Thanks in anticipation.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Generalsamm(m): 10:00pm On Oct 26, 2019
koyla:
Bro, pls can u help me with the names of some of these apps sir
i will be grateful

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by koyla: 12:59pm On Oct 27, 2019
Generalsamm:

Bro, pls can u help me with the names of some of these apps sir
i will be grateful
C # Shell(C# Offline Compiler) , Pydroid3 , QPython3, Cxxdroid - C++ compiler IDE for mobile development, JS Run(JavaScript Editor) not sure about JS Run as Offline.

Also try do some research,there may be better alternative to the above.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Generalsamm(m): 5:24pm On Oct 27, 2019
koyla:
C # Shell(C# Offline Compiler) , Pydroid3 , QPython3, Cxxdroid - C++ compiler IDE for mobile development, JS Run(JavaScript Editor) not sure about JS Run as Offline.

Also try do some research,there may be better alternative to the above.

Thanks, bro
I intend learning html, css, js, mysql and php tho
Thanks once again sir

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by koyla: 8:50am On Oct 28, 2019
Generalsamm:

Thanks, bro
Thanks once again sir
Welcome and all the best.
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 29, 2019
Idonweak:

Get ready for frustration because phones are worthless in debugging and debugging is almost as important as writing code but sha I started with Android went to laptop now I am back to Android so take it from me frustration is sure. But still you can do it as long as you put your mind to it I mastered c and c++ on android so you just need to be stubborn.

12 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by mcqwerty(m): 4:53pm On Oct 30, 2019
I wonder where you guys get these kinds of weird ideas from. undecided
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by etoluw: 9:35pm On Oct 31, 2019
Generalsamm:

Thanks, bro
Thanks once again sir

for html, css & js all u need is a good browser(chrome or firefox) and a text editor(i use 920text editor)

for php and mysql use palapa webserver.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by iammo(m): 7:11am On Nov 01, 2019
cool

Yes kindly download sololearn app

you get a mock compiler and an excellent code pad, plus the support comuinity is great with indians chinese and americans relating with you

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Olalekank(m): 7:11am On Nov 01, 2019
Not advisable long term

You can certainly now do HTML, CSS, JavaScript, python; heck even run a NodeJs server all on the phone.

However, once you start that, your productivity is actually low, and what makes it even worse is you won't get the "ginger" to get a new laptop to do your work.

Your main focus right now should be getting a good machine before you start writing code.

PS: I know people who write code on phone and there's no harm. This is only my point of view

7 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by GREATESTPIANIST: 7:12am On Nov 01, 2019
etoluw:

for html, css & js all u need is a good browser(chrome or firefox) and a text editor(i use 920text editor)

for php and mysql use palapa webserver.
what's the use of programming, am curious

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by tsfxtech(m): 7:12am On Nov 01, 2019
Animate your business today
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by feldido(m): 7:12am On Nov 01, 2019
grin more like using a Phone to do Graphics... Too many Limitations and it's also strainuous.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by chiboy1116: 7:12am On Nov 01, 2019
Yea I started with my. Phone
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Sirnuel: 7:12am On Nov 01, 2019
No sir you cannot.

Learning programming is just 1%, applying it is 99% and you cant apply your knowledge on an Android phone.

go and follow laptopfordevelopers on twitter, they will soon be giving away laptops to support upcoming devs.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by EkwensuAmosu1: 7:12am On Nov 01, 2019
nowadays all programs have their mobile compatibility

yes you can learn programming with android phones but at least get a good multitasking phone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Olalekank(m): 7:13am On Nov 01, 2019
Venzee:
You know four languages?!
What are the languages?

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Sirnuel: 7:13am On Nov 01, 2019
Venzee:

oh really?? what exactly have you built with these languages you learnt perfectly??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by InansBobo(m): 7:14am On Nov 01, 2019
Isn't it better you get a cheap laptop? So that you're watching a video and simultaneously effecting what you're learning at the programming software/IDLe. With phone is sha stressful but possible

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by MountainView: 7:14am On Nov 01, 2019
It depends, maybe you can learn HTML, CSS and JavaScript with your Android device, cos that's how I started back then, 5 years ago with my BB curve 7, beyond that, you really need a laptop or Desktop.

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Cindycruzz: 7:14am On Nov 01, 2019
angry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? / 6 Signs Your PC Is About To Crash / Poly Network Hacker Returns $342 Million Of Stolen Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.