Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,836,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar (16842 Views)

Naira Depreciates Marginally Against Dollar / Naira Steady Against Dollar, Rebounds Slightly Against Euro And Pounds / Naira Crashes To N484 Against Dollar As More Bdcs Go Underground (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by LexngtonSteele: 8:34am On Aug 19, 2017
cy4cent:
Hnmm.

This country should reduce it's dependency on dollars.
The number of currencies at our disposal are too few.
Imagine if you could pay for your goods in China with their currency instead of dollars, the demand for dollars will drop.

Also subsidizing forex for pilgrimage is a no no. If you want to go for religious activities bear the cost at the bdc rate, subsidizing it is draining our forex reserve badly.

Perfect comment.

I am a Muslim, but subsidizing dollars for Hajj or Jerusalem pilgrimage is pure foolishness and should be stopped.

1 Like

Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by Softhands(m): 8:44am On Aug 19, 2017
JUSTI!!!... Me sef kukuma dey pray same too...lol
justi4jesu:
grin grin how i want the rate to sky rocket. Walks out in style.. cheesy wink
Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by ikbnice(m): 8:46am On Aug 19, 2017
Please, is First Bank's Mastercard useful for international transactions on websites like aliexpress. I haven't heard anyone talk about it, only GTB and Access bank cards I always hear of.
Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by justi4jesu(f): 8:49am On Aug 19, 2017
Softhands:
JUSTI!!!... Me sef kukuma dey pray same too...lol

That's how we roll... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by sinkhole: 8:58am On Aug 19, 2017
verygudbadguy:
The demand for dollar this week was very high. Monday to Friday, people kept buying like they were shipping it out. We started on Monday with 365 and by Friday, it had hit 368. It is not CBN or FG's fault though.

We wanted Naira to be determined by the forces of demand and supply so we should expect that it might go up too.
Me I for they OK with the news o but "for general market the naira weakens while it appreciated at the investor's window", something no dey OK to me
Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by goldedprince: 9:07am On Aug 19, 2017
useless bastards, take it back to 600/dollar
Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by olujastro: 9:15am On Aug 19, 2017
justi4jesu:
grin grin how i want the rate to sky rocket. Walks out in style.. cheesy wink
Because of the small dollars you have you want your country's currency to crash so that you can make small gain. You easily forget about the other 180 million Nigerians who it affects negatively.
You see why Nigeria is retrogressing instead of making progress, a lot of its citizens both in and outside government are very selfish, they care about their pockets alone. Na people like you go still wake up and criticise govt for failing its citizens when you are not any better.
By the way I earn in foreign currencies too.
Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by justi4jesu(f): 9:20am On Aug 19, 2017
grin grin grin The guy above me needs zobo drink to cool him down.

1 Like

Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by franzis(m): 9:21am On Aug 19, 2017
When ever buhari is set to return to Nigeria this is what ususally happens
Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by successincentiv(m): 9:22am On Aug 19, 2017
When will 1 naira become 1 Dollar?
Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by verygudbadguy(m): 9:22am On Aug 19, 2017
sinkhole:
Me I for they OK with the news o but "for general market the naira weakens while it appreciated at the investor's window", something no dey OK to me
Investor's window is a different market. While CBN disburses 40k USD per week to BDCs, it also created another window for exporters and investors to access funds at a better rate to aid exportation of goods abroad and also assist SMEs and other authorised dealers.

The latter market cannot be accessed by much people compared to the parallel market which determines the real rate of dollar because of eligibility of businesses and requirements so its demand is still in control. The funny thing is, govt is not aware of the kind of round tripping going on in those markets.

I can't say much though but if this country is gonna be great again, it must reduce it's dependence on dollar.

1 Like

Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by omololu2020(m): 9:49am On Aug 19, 2017
hardywaltz:

Try and learn how to read
explain to him if he does not understand
Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 19, 2017
Buhari is coming back so dollar go begin rise again

1 Like

Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 19, 2017
alphonsojaybaz:
FOREX: NAIRA LOSES AGAINST DOLLAR
source : http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/08/forex-naira-loses-against-dollar.html

The naira on Thursday continued to fall against the dollar at the parallel market, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.
The Nigerian currency lost one point to exchange at N368, weaker than N367 posted on Wednesday, while the Pound Sterling and the Euro closed at N478 and N432.
At the Bureau De Change (BDC) window, the naira was sold at N363 to the dollar, while the Pound Sterling and the Euro closed at N478 and N432.
However, the naira appreciated at the investors’ window, exchanging at N361.17 stronger than N362.39.
Traders at the market told NAN that in spite of the weekly auction of foreign exchange by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to BDC, the naira continued to depreciate. (NAN)

I've been saying that this will not work.

Some incoherent, malfunctioning and odoriferous orang utang then accused their father of being a speculator.

Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by pokipoki: 10:31am On Aug 19, 2017
Hahahaha. Buhari is on his way home!!!
Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by ubaken88(m): 10:47am On Aug 19, 2017
Always losing

Check my signature to gain ALWAYS...
Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 19, 2017
Bubu is coming back!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by AkhereOkaka(m): 11:13am On Aug 19, 2017
This might not really be possible cause international trade is mainly done in dollars, most countries prefer the use of dollars.

Imagine if you could pay for your goods in China with their currency instead of dollars, the demand for dollars will drop.

Also subsidizing forex for pilgrimage is a no no. If you want to go for religious activities bear the cost at the bdc rate, subsidizing it is draining our forex reserve badly.[/quote]
Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by oodua1stson: 11:14am On Aug 19, 2017
Buhari bad luck strikes just when he's about to return
Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by TheVictorious(m): 12:09pm On Aug 19, 2017
cy4cent:
Hnmm.

Also subsidizing forex for pilgrimage is a no no. If you want to go for religious activities bear the cost at the bdc rate, subsidizing it is draining our forex reserve badly.

WISE WOMAN!

1 Like

Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by 7lives: 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2017
Their mumu never do,their love of foreign vanities will eventually kill them.
I know a tribe in Nigeria that will rather cook with foreign firewood than our local firewood, their love of anything foreign is the reason their homeland is now a SLEEPY HOLLOW.
Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by Clone2020(m): 3:53pm On Aug 19, 2017
Nairaruky:
May I know your juicy rate?

Come whatsapp
Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by Emassive(m): 2:10am On Aug 20, 2017
OkpekeBeauty:
Its like any time the Naira hears Buhari is about to come back it starts falling. Can someone help us advice Sahara Reporters to desist from such rumors for our collective good grin grin

He's around...lol
Re: Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar by fratermathy(m): 10:59pm On Sep 08, 2017
Isoko1stSon:
Som Zonbs up Dere Are Telling Odas to learn How 2read, That's Hilarious...

The Naira Will Surely Crash to #500/$

Nigeria Is A Failed State

Using Isoko moniker to wish Nigerians doom. Certainly an IPOB youth.

This guy is not an Isoko person. He is an IPOB youth from the East impersonating the good people of Isoko ethnic nationality. Everyone should take note. No Isoko person would create a username such as his. It's so sad that he is misrepresenting the collective wishes of Isoko people here on Nairaland. Disregard his posts. Things are like this are why minorities will always mistrust Igbos and their Biafra. Imagine the level of desperation and audacity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Convert Recharge Card To Money. And Also Convert Money To Airtime Here / 5 Online Businesses With Low Start Up Capital That Can Make You Rich / Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.