Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,807 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

See How Much Was Transport Fare From Lagos To New York In The 80's - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See How Much Was Transport Fare From Lagos To New York In The 80's (795 Views)

For Those Traveling For Christmas, How Much Is Your Transport Fare? / Man Wanted To Pay For His Transport Fare With Bank Transfer / Drivers Increase Transport Fare In Lagos, Commuters Stranded In Oshodi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Much Was Transport Fare From Lagos To New York In The 80's by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:48am On Aug 19, 2017
As shared by the official Twitter handle of Diamond Bank‏ @DiamondBankNG on Friday

The handle tweeted: “Once upon a time… #FlashbackFriday…”

Brainnewsng.com was quick to get noticed of it and wish this still happens today.

See tweet below:

Source: http://brainnewsng.com/see-how-much-was-transport-fare-from-lagos-to-new-york-in-the-80s/

Nigerians what can you say about this?

1 Share

Re: See How Much Was Transport Fare From Lagos To New York In The 80's by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:50am On Aug 19, 2017
Re: See How Much Was Transport Fare From Lagos To New York In The 80's by BrainnewsNg(f): 4:01am On Aug 19, 2017
cc; Lalasticlala
Re: See How Much Was Transport Fare From Lagos To New York In The 80's by theophorus(m): 4:38am On Aug 19, 2017
...In the 80's 17,430 was good money...

My Dad got His First Car in 84' for #5000.
Brand New Peugeot 504.

Do have any Economist in the house who can help to check the Value of that Figure based on Rebasing..
Re: See How Much Was Transport Fare From Lagos To New York In The 80's by orisa37: 5:52am On Aug 19, 2017
Find out the Fares New York to Lagos in the 80s and now.
Let us compare the relative difference with Lagos to New York in the 80s and now.
This analysis is for CBN, Ministry of Finance and Devaluation Experts and Value Statisticians to see the depreciation in the values of Lagos and New York.
Re: See How Much Was Transport Fare From Lagos To New York In The 80's by uboma(m): 6:03am On Aug 19, 2017
the 80s were the best years so far in Nigeria.

Then the White man had to queue just to visit Nigeria.

Then the White man worked for the Nigerian government as university lecturers.

Then our currency, the Naira had more value than what it is today.

Then we all viewed ourselves as brothers and sisters and understood the real meaning of, 'United we stand, divided we fall.... '

Then it made a whole lot of sense to live and invest in Nigeria.

Will our unborn children witness the good life some of us witnessed during the 80s?
Re: See How Much Was Transport Fare From Lagos To New York In The 80's by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:08am On Aug 19, 2017
theophorus:
...In the 80's 17,430 was good money...

My Dad got His First Car in 84' for #5000.
Brand New Peugeot 504.

Do have any Economist in the house who can help to check the Value of that Figure based on Rebasing..

Wow. This is mouth watering...

God is alive
Re: See How Much Was Transport Fare From Lagos To New York In The 80's by GirlOfTheWeek(f): 7:09am On Aug 19, 2017

For people who want to get to NY like me here's what we'll do:

* time travel back
* with 20K in our pocket
* quickly go to the airtport
* and voom, oit's easier because VISA wasn't hard then.

The Weekend Requires Hot Dresses, Check My Signature for that
Re: See How Much Was Transport Fare From Lagos To New York In The 80's by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:10am On Aug 19, 2017
orisa37:
Find out the Fares New York to Lagos in the 80s and now.
Let us compare the relative difference with Lagos to New York in the 80s and now.
This analysis is for CBN, Ministry of Finance and Devaluation Experts and Value Statisticians to see the depreciation in the values of Lagos and New York.

Yes! Excertly!!

(1) (Reply)

I Need Assistant On My Usa Visa Application / yyyy / Updated ‘visa Free Countries For Nigerian Passport Holders 2019’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.