Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,781 members, 7,955,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:33 PM

Harrison Emu In Favour Of Female Advovacy In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Harrison Emu In Favour Of Female Advovacy In Nigeria (452 Views)

Favour Lawal, Girl Born Without Anus Who Excretes Through Her Stomach (Photos) / Faith 'fidel' Chiazor Celebrates #IDGC2017 With Harrison Emu And TGG In Nigeria. / Baby Favour Regains Sight After Surgery (before And After Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Harrison Emu In Favour Of Female Advovacy In Nigeria by emuharrison16(m): 8:40am On Aug 19, 2017
MY SPEECH FOR FEMALE RIGHTS IN DELTA JUSTICE CLUB, EFFURUN, DELTA STATE.

Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Harrison Emu and I have a burning urge to tell you this;

It is well documented that no sector holds as much promise in development like the women sector.
Over 70% of the world's illiterate population are women and over 60% of this population directly comes from Africa.
Over 1.3 billion people lack access to electricity and again most of these figures are from sub-saharan Africa. 25% of every FGM/C case is from my country-Nigeria.
Without electricity, without literacy our women mostly are exposed to medical risks in child delivery and maternity care, in access to safe water, in lacking the basic right to choose when and who to marry, they even cannot have a say in the genital mutilation of their own bodies.
All these point to a failing state and contribute to a declining economy. I believe it is no co-incidence that the best economies in the world are those that give women a chance to be all that they can be. If we as sub-saharan Africans can emulate the better placed economies and give women a chance to rise up and cause positive changes, I believe Africa would rise again. I end by saying this ageless quote "The test of real supremacy in a state lies in the freedom of its people".
I believe every person has a specific niche area and knows where they want to effect their idea of change. Since the turn of the 21st century, I believe the Internet and indeed Social Media is a Game-Changer. Over 2 Billion people use Facebook alone.
WhatsApp has a huge number also. Social Change Communication has never been this focal in history.
I believe I bring a new rhythm to the song . I think I will be a breath of fresh air. I believe if we want to make a presence, then we must take over the Internet. I bring enthusiasm, wit, diligence, creativity, sparkle and I bring youth to the table.
We are changing the world, one girl at a time.
Thank You.

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways Of Preventing Diabetes / Simple Ways To Keep Your Contact Lenses Clean And Free Of Infections / 5 Important Ways To Improve Your Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.