Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

My Secret Fading Love. ( My True Love Story). - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Secret Fading Love. ( My True Love Story). (764 Views)

Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) / Could This Be Love (my Boss) / "The Love Triangle" - A Short Christian Love Story By Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Secret Fading Love. ( My True Love Story). by ScribblingQueen(f): 12:46pm On Aug 19, 2017
Apart from a once secret lover, a love I built in my own little world. I knew the institution of love was created to a fault. I have waved it away when I hear my friends say they can't live without him. What joke was that?....well, perhaps it was just the mind playing it's game again.
Here the feeling came staring grudgingly at me. He was hairy and anyone could see hairs on his chests, his hands and even fingers. He was dark skinned and a nice stature of a Black- American. He looked ebullient and well-fed. He was sitting at a corner in the restaurant and sipping down a bottle of...........well, I was unable to find out or maybe that didn't matter to me. He must have been waiting for someone, I imagined. Was it his girlfriend? No, what girl would keep such kind of man waiting. His lips alone could make one gasp for breath. Suddenly I realised I had to find Emmanuel, who had being a pen friend for some time now. I have been standing there wondering what kind of creature he was.
Hi! he waved, displaying his teeth in a kind of Fake-smile show. Cold shivers ran down my tiny spine and tales hovered over my head.
Was that for me? , Is he mistaken?. I stood still and didn't move.
Hello!, his voice rang again this time in a more transparent gaze. I had actually waited for that faithful look as I walked up to where he was. I was careful not to miss a step as I pleaded with my legs for tranquillity. Could he be the one??....the Emmanuel have long waited to see? He was like a spirit man and I admired him more. That lips!......that part I couldn't explain. It could make a pen weep.
I spotted a nicely trimmed beard which reminded me of the present English gentlemen. I suddenly realised what I wore and was restless...my elder sister had long told me the gown looked worn out. It was really my first time meeting with him and looking graceful was all I had desired. Well, my aunt met her husband dressed like I did if not worse.. With this I felt encouraged and greeted him warmly. He was all I desired. My feet sank into the soft ground as he continually stole a look at me. The connectivity was strange and the love too.
"What do you care for?" he asked calling me back to my world.
"Nothing, am fine", I muttered.
Then I wondered if I was fine. I had actually gone to school that morning without breakfast and was heading back to my hostel when I received his call telling me where to meet him. It was a rather impromptu one and I was very famished. I blamed myself for giving such a dump response.
He called for the attention of the waiter ignoring my initial response and with a charming smile he said, " Nwanyioma, you are the prettiest thing I have ever seen"
I swallowed hard not knowing what my response should be. This time, my feet went cold as I made to stand up. I needed to run away from him..Yes! I couldn't hold it any longer. As I tried to stand up from my seat, I realised the weight was on me. I forced myself out of the seat sending the foods and drinks splashing all over the floor. All eyes were on me, and my shivering greatly increased.
My worn-out gown, shaky legs and unkempt hair......there was none to hide.
It was dawn on me that I had lost him and I secretly prayed for an undiscovered planet to take me in because my hard disk has been formatted again
### To be Continued.....

The way I love
The reasons I give and
The mistakes I might make
Let there be no misinterpretation because LOVE is the purest thing on earth.

EPISODE TWO
It was a blue morning but there was something definite and curious in the air, a sad note was played upon the instrument of my skin. The bony ledges of the earth shed it's unnecessary flesh angrily at me. I was restless and so were my hands. Those words, those words and letters. I closed my eyes in an attempt to court some sleep but instead my mind trails off to him.

Emmanuel was indeed a spirit man who had a perfect interpretation of the other realm. Ooh that lips! I was never able to explain it till now. It was like a glue to my heart. Shall I stop at this moment or shall I plunge myself into the moment? The moments we shared, when our tale began, when I placed you in my heart and lost my senses and self. Every hour that passed, everyday that crawled by, my love for him grew stronger. My eyes would have revealed it all. My smile and giggle would have spoken those three words. My pride or Love? Words trapped in a screen should be evaluated and seen.
I had wanted to open up to Amaka to tell her the truth about Emmanuel. To her, Emmanuel was my run-away boyfriend who had come back and wanted to have me back in his life. Amaka had always advised me to accept him back into my life owing his charming Look. Little did she know and will know that I am the one who desire him. He is too jovial and no one understands what he feels. Can I say he loves me? Everything look difficult. We have been friends for sometime now and I have not seen any woman around him. He was very special and so was my love. I had desired to find him in the finest of moods so that I can tell him the big T in truth. I try to put them in words but my hands fail me. That truth: a simple question looking for a complicated answer. My heart keeps crying for a chance to be his knight,a Juliet, that special J.
Now I am struck again in this ocean of necessary words, a moment where I have to let go of all myself for him, my ego and pride too. I struggled to get a dress fit into me as I groaned at every thing around me. I have to try or die trying. Those words from my father rang again. He could have been too shy to say them to me. I walked out of my room not paying any attention to my thoughts as I made for his house. I was ready to handle whatever comes from this action. I smiled at the woman I have become and longed for a better planet to accommodate the likes of me.

Out of nervousness,I stormed into the room paying little or no attention to the log standing in like the door. Then I shook, There he was! My Lover and crush moaning in the heat of an unseen romance. I listened as I heard the name " Amaka" mentioned ad mist groans and pleasure. All my strength flew through the windows of dying words leaving me weak and wobbling in the knees....

To be continued...........
Re: My Secret Fading Love. ( My True Love Story). by 123456dr(f): 12:52pm On Aug 19, 2017
Thumbs up at Op.FTC for the first time yaay!!.
Re: My Secret Fading Love. ( My True Love Story). by Toyin223(f): 1:36pm On Aug 19, 2017
Beautiful

(1) (Reply)

Short Story: I Must Really Be Stupid By Osarumen Edosa / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Buhari Being Cloned, Decries Cases Of Stolen Identity / 2020 UTME SABOTAGERS, STRICTLY FOR MEDICAL ASPIRANTS ONLY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.