Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Baudex's Battle Bible - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / Baudex's Battle Bible (1537 Views)

Baudex Vs Juicygirl-bbb Vs Nairaland-site Vs Site Battle / My Text Battle Bible-critics Is Encouraged. / Ofoka Vs Baudex Battle Till U Can Battle No More ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baudex's Battle Bible by Baudex(m): 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2010
YEAH I HAD TO GO FARTHER DISTANCE TO GET THIS,NOW I 'VE IT SO READ AND LEARN,AND ADMIN PLEASE STICK THIS,SO COMING NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS WILL GET THIS MATERIAL

[B][U]
Introduction[/U][/B]

First of all. Why read what I’mma put out there? Why listen to a nigga named drugs Antelope? Ignore the name, I’ve been battling for years and elevated with the help of others, this a bible for new cats to read, just to help you elevate, get better, read the Bible and learn from it yo.

[B][U]Structure[/U][/B]

To some people this poo is important. Havin a good structure improves the readability of ya drops, makes it more cleaner adding punctuation and structuring your wording correct so its freeflowing and not stretched. The most basic bit of advice I can give is keep ya syllables in the bars the same, when you advance you can get away with doing different structures but for a basic, readable structure, make ya lines equal length or near enough.

[COLOR="Red"]Baudex®™ spitting sick anecdotes hes emphatic yo
Sling puns like catapults n leave ya maggots soaked.[/COLOR]
Near enough.

[B][U]WORDPLAY[/U][/B]

Wordplays important, its a technical aspect in writtens that shows creativity. Mostly based on words, associating them with things. It can be double meanings of words, makin words mean different things, it’s basically just a play on words. You’ll catch me using wordplay A LOT.

Example:

[COLOR="Red"]I’mma make you 8-5/ate five like eating half a 10 slice Pizza
Lines get more Nose/no’s than Pinnochio
Couldn’t win a tourney/attorney at an auction for lawyers.[/COLOR]

This is Double meaning wordplay. It’s also just a matter of getting words that sound like eachother and connecting them to a punch.

Other types of wordplay include slicing/combining words to mean something else. Example:

[COLOR="DimGray"]You fail in this con-test like Convicts takin S.A.T.s
Con-test/contest. Con/test convict/s.a.ts
Couldn’t make a class-sick spreading swineflu in highschool.
Classic/class sick.[/COLOR]

It's a tough category to master, but once you get used to it, you’ll be using wordplay in everyday life just to make a punchline.

[B][U]Set Ups[/U][/B]

Set ups are important to some people, unimportant to others. Some people just use their set ups as filler, a bunch of multies, then a punch. Like:

Against someone called I-Rhyme

[COLOR="DimGray"]Rhymes raw, lines concernin ya and my rhymes transforming ya
, i aint an optometrist but i can still see I/eyes cornia/cornier[/COLOR].

This is a wack set up, the first line doesn’t relate to the punch. Now, in battles it doesn’t have to relate, but it helps you look stronger. The bar overall blends nicer if you relate the content of the punch in ya set up, a little wordplay, or something relating won’t hurt:

[COLOR="DimGray"]Cheesy cat, You my Pupil I see through you, so I'm warnin' ya
and I aint an optomotrist but I can still see that I/Eye's Cornea[/COLOR]

Pupil/see through you/optometrist/eyes cornea. It all relates, gives a stronger presence in the bar.
But like I said it’s all subjective, some battlers like relating it, some just go for random multies, some even add separate wordplay/metaphors in the set up.

[B][U]MULTIES[/U][/B]
See Kryptics multie syllable guide:

These are multiple syllable rhymes. It’s all in the name, all the syllables in the phrase/word gotta rhyme.
The best technique is shown in Kryptics Multi Syllable thread. Kryptic himself will be writing up His Multie Technique manual again since it’s been deleted for some reason, so hold tight, this thread will be edited with his version, But I’ll drop a short explanation of what a Multi actually is for those in a rush.

Multies help ya rhyming look better and actually help ya verse flow even better. Overall, multies are useful for writtens, it helps writers flow cleaner with long words. It’s just a very useful technique.

Examples of 2 syllable Multies:

2 syllablle multies:

[COLOR="DimGray"]Grip gats
naughty woman Slap
Rip Raps[/COLOR]

Check the syllables, naughty woman/grip/rip/slap/gat/rap they rhyme. Say it in a bar using more of the same syllables and check the flow
[COLOR="DimGray"]
Yo I grip gats but ya spits wack so you’ll get naughty woman slapped
and I rip raps but you pricks lack any kind of sick tracks, [/COLOR]

Words/syllables do not have to rhyme perfectly, people have different accents and slurs, but try ya best to make them rhyme as accurately as possible.

Three Syllable multies

Killing drugs
Sick with those
Ripping Folks
Bitches Soaked
Spits will choke

Seperate the syllables, they all roughly rhyme. Spit/diss/rip/sick/ing/with/will/choke/soaked/folks/those/drugs.

[COLOR="DimGray"]I’m ripping folks thinking of Killing drugs my Spits will Choke
Rhymes i’m sick with those and leave all these bitches Soaked.[/COLOR]

Here’s an Example of a Multi Heavy written, Posted by Kryptic:

[I]"walked the path of a 'thousand-enemies', each step all I 'found-were-memories'.
Where anarchy 'surrounded-energies' & allegiant souls were 'bound-to-cemeteries'.
Forgotten soldiers 'blessed-with-death', laying as the fallen, 'left-to-rest'.
In the dense soils 'crest-they-nest', waiting for god to 'attest-their-quest'.
I gaze out at the 'seas-of-legions', bodies cascaded 'deceased-from-bleeding'.
, etc"
Multies are highlighted. Say[quote][/quote]

Re: Baudex's Battle Bible by Baudex(m): 7:09pm On Feb 17, 2010
Multies are highlighted. Say the syllables, rhyme ya syllables. Its tough but once you grasp it you’ll always use them,
EDIT: I don't wanna go too technical cuz Kryps gonna drop a detailed explanation.

[B][U]Rhyme Schemes[/U][/B]

I like to switch up my rhyme schemes, in some battles where I don’t care I will have a really weird one. But most battlers like to do this sort of rhyme scheme:

multi shitblahmotherfuckhashit multi
multi shitblahmotherfuckashit multi.

Some people switch it up and do shit like:

Multie motherfuckershitblah Multi
shitbitchfucknutchaplainshit Multi
shit bitch multi shitbtich multi
multi blahblahblahblahblah multi

Once you grasp multie concepts you’ll know how to have a different rhyme scheme. My advice is stick with the first one for a bit, then when you wanna switch it up, do so.

[B][U]FLOW[/U][/B]

Don’t need to be a genius to flow ya shit, just keep it short and sweet if you can. If you wanna go for long bars, add long multies because they help ya flow. If you wanna guarantee a good flow just write to a beat. Some people doubleup their lines which stetches the hell out of the bars. Try and keep ya shit readable, imagine its a track if you must. Obviously it doesn’t have to flow like a track on text, but it does make a better read if ya flows good.

[B][U]PERSONALS[/U][/B]

Personals in battles deliver STING. You got shit on ya opponent and you can kill him, its ya weapon. Diss your opponent, its the main focus of the battle, diss his looks, his email, his name, his job, anything for a stinging punchline.

Bleep Ya’ll Wack sons, seen tougher blood lines on the stains on a tampon
Punch all three of ya chins ‘live, lookin’ like Eric Cartman with shades and a rag on

A punch at Alive, I had a picture. Diss his face. Raw, but its a battle.

[B][U]PUNCHLINES:[/U][/B]

To me, THE MOST IMPORTANT aspect of a battle, you can come weak with multies and flow, but if the punch hits me, then you’ve won me over.
Punchlines no doubttt require a high level of creativity. Everything these days is played, examples of played shit is:
[I]
I’M ILL LIKE CANSER
I’m dope like coke
You couldn’t de-feat me if you chopped my leg off,
You like 7 days, you two weak.
Couldnt come before me if you pre-jacked.
punches miss like armless boxers, [/I]

Shit like that, obvious shit is alllllll wack and won’t get you votes.

To make a punchline, think of a concept, and work with it. For example, I wanna say a guys flow is wack as hell. Try think of something relating to flow, like, catching a beat? flow/catching a beat, catching involves throwing, so you could make:

[I][COLOR="DimGray"]"Flows weak, couldn't catch a beat if I through it at ya"[/COLOR][/I]

Simple and effective. Try thinking ya own concepts, think of something, make it relate to the opponent, lyrically/personally, and play around with words/phrases!

Heres an example of my OWN and OTHER battler punches off the Illest punch thread:

[B]Kryptic Vs. , [/B]
[COLOR="DimGray"]
These two only made the finals through DQ's and no shows, I'm 'sick-of-you-light-dudes-in-text'.
I'm 'depicting-how-dyke-noobs-progress' cause we all *saw their "L" from the beginning* like 'predicting-a-knights-move-in-chess'![/COLOR]
[B]
Dope Antelope Punch Against Philly Bone[/B]

[COLOR="DimGray"]You lost from the get go, belts? You were lucky to get those
ya 'partner held you up before you entered', like 'carrying a bride into the threshold[/COLOR]
[B]
Dope Antelope's vs Dice[/B], haha sorry I gave up searching other verses,

[COLOR="DimGray"]I impair dudes, proves that this phony clowns a flop
Cuz playing Monopoly’s the only time you see Dice rolling down the block[/COLOR]

A few of more of my own:
[COLOR="DimGray"]
And yo, P.I wouldn’t be “fly on the beat” if a “wasp landed on his drumkits
Cunt lick, couldn’t win a tourney at an auction for lawyers, dumb shit

Your bars stretch like Elastic Penetentiarys, but all mine are ruthless
Ya wack shit aint testin me, people laugh when you spit like IndecentStar Bloopers[/COLOR]

[U][B]ORIGINALITY.[/B][/U]
Easy and simple subject, just don’t use played shit. Think, if its likely to be used it has been. Think outside the box, come original.

I couldn't fit the Commandments cuz I wrote too much. They follow in the next post,
Coming soon
Baudex
Re: Baudex's Battle Bible by jessefly: 9:05am On Feb 18, 2010
OMO N I B THINK SAY NA BEANS TO BURST 6TEEN undecided shocked
Re: Baudex's Battle Bible by Baudex(m): 11:24am On Feb 24, 2010
Boy its just practise and understanding of the art
Re: Baudex's Battle Bible by Baudex(m): 8:20pm On Jun 23, 2010
We'll use this as one of our rules for our tourny
Re: Baudex's Battle Bible by FatFish: 3:32am On Aug 18, 2010
So is this it? Last night, you couldn't get enough of me and today, I'm the plague?

Drop dead.

(1) (Reply)

Place A Death Punchline Line Here, 2bars At Least: / Let This This Young Boy "Megabyte" Freestyle Wow You / If These Emcees Were Animal, What Would They Be???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.