Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Beware Of Jumia's Fraudlent Act!!!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of Jumia's Fraudlent Act!!!! (1150 Views)

Sodienye Mbatumukeke: Accused Murderer Of Jumia Delivery Man, Failed Parenting / They Beat Him Up Before Shooting Him Dead-Details On Murder Of Jumia Deliveryman / Watch Suspected Killers Of Jumia Delivery Man Confess To The Crime (watch Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Jumia's Fraudlent Act!!!! by xhero: 8:14pm On Aug 19, 2017
I know this may not come as a surprise to many as people have fallen for the glamorous specifications and pictures jumia put up on their site, only to deliver inferior, cheap, knock-offs to customers that have parted with their hard earned money hoping to get value. i think its a shameful act.

i ordered for a Generic AV731 - 4.3 Inch Car Audio MP5 Player which i saw from their site, and even after several disappointing purchases of other items that either wont work and have to be returned(at their own time and convenience) or are cheap and useless at the end of the day, i carried my self to pay before delivery(which was the only option for that product anyway) it took almost 1 month for delivery, which i didnt complain about because the clearly stated it to be 12-22days. But after the long wait, what i got was heart breaking. please find below what was advertised against what was delivered....did i mention that this chinko toy box was priced @ N18,700...minus delivery o

Please lets fight against this kind of rubbish. i am just starting with jumia. Lawsuit is brewing

@mods this is not about front page popularity...its about justice for the people. lets expose them!!!!
if it is a story on snake, dead or alive, lalastica will have moved it to front page already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Jumia's Fraudlent Act!!!! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2017
Reminds me of the kid in the stroller
in Zootopia, when the bunny came for the fox.
You've been hustled!!! hehehehehe.
Good luck working with chinks (mp4.99999)
Re: Beware Of Jumia's Fraudlent Act!!!! by psucc(m): 8:19pm On Aug 19, 2017
So they've factored in the Nigerian style. This will be too bad.
Re: Beware Of Jumia's Fraudlent Act!!!! by xhero: 8:21pm On Aug 19, 2017
TarOrfeek:
Reminds me of the kid in the stroller
in Zootopia, when the bunny came for the fox.
You've been hustled!!! hehehehehe.
Good luck working with chinks (mp4.99999)

its not wot you'll expect from JUMIA that is supposed to be a trusted online market place
Re: Beware Of Jumia's Fraudlent Act!!!! by menstrualpad: 8:23pm On Aug 19, 2017
Brah always use P.O.D or skip it.
Re: Beware Of Jumia's Fraudlent Act!!!! by WeNoGoDie(m): 8:25pm On Aug 19, 2017
Honestly I'm yet to see what they did wrong comparing the two pictures.

Please patiently enlighten me without insult.
Re: Beware Of Jumia's Fraudlent Act!!!! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 19, 2017
xhero:

its not wot you'll expect from JUMIA that is supposed to be a trusted online market place

In Nigeria, every body is first, a thief. And only the person that has this belief survives. Look at our change merchant for instance.
Re: Beware Of Jumia's Fraudlent Act!!!! by xhero: 8:32pm On Aug 19, 2017
WeNoGoDie:
Honestly I'm yet to see what they did wrong comparing the two pictures.

Please patiently enlighten me without insult.

1. That box does not support MP5, or any video format known to God or man as they advertised....its a freaking BLUE SCREEN box for Pete's sake!!!
2. They said it has 'high definition FM'...please i'm still looking for what is high definition about this FM
3. They claimed it has video input...how can a box that cant play common video have video input
4. Just so u'd know, that call button you see there is just for fancy.
5. They said 'full colour display'...when the only colour we see is blue.

guy...you sef look am na

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Jumia's Fraudlent Act!!!! by WeNoGoDie(m): 8:40pm On Aug 19, 2017
xhero:

1. That box does not support MP5, or any video format known to God or man as they advertised....its a freaking BLUE SCREEN box for Pete's sake!!!
2. They said it has 'high definition FM'...please i'm still looking for what is high definition about this FM
3. They claimed it has video input...how can a box that cant play common video have video input

guy...you sef look am na

WOW!! Except you highlighted it as you just did most people won't understand your complaint.

I think Jumia have a 7 day return policy. Follow the procedure and return the item.

Though I heard they usually delay refund but if you put pressure on them as some no nonsense fellows do, they will listen.
Re: Beware Of Jumia's Fraudlent Act!!!! by Ohammadike: 8:44pm On Aug 19, 2017
xhero:

4. Just so u'd know, that call button you see there is just for fancy.o
5. They said 'full colour display'...when the only colour we see is blue.
guy...you sef look am na
Jumia is a medium for others to sell. You bought it from a shop hosted on jumia though they should inspect it before shipping.

Apply for a return
Re: Beware Of Jumia's Fraudlent Act!!!! by Greatzeus(m): 8:57pm On Aug 19, 2017
Most product sold on jumia and others are imported from China by those who have money to employ Chinese to produce a product for them.Instead of making fake Lg, Samsung TV or electronics, they made their own brand and import it,get a store on jumia or konga etc and sell to Nigerians.
Re: Beware Of Jumia's Fraudlent Act!!!! by psalmson001: 8:57pm On Aug 19, 2017
Well, i dont think jumia is to be blamed for this coz dey dont own any of the products dey sell. All they do transact onbehalf of the buyer and seller.
Re: Beware Of Jumia's Fraudlent Act!!!! by Greenbullet(m): 9:34pm On Aug 19, 2017
CHINKO TOYBOX ,LMFAO
Re: Beware Of Jumia's Fraudlent Act!!!! by xhero: 11:57pm On Aug 19, 2017
psalmson001:
Well, i dont think jumia is to be blamed for this coz dey dont own any of the products dey sell. All they do transact onbehalf of the buyer and seller.

jumia advertises the product and its based on their word that we buy....in most cases we dont even know the original sellers, its jumia's word we hold so they should be held responsible. After all, they have a quality check department.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Jumia's Fraudlent Act!!!! by xangerar: 4:58am On Aug 20, 2017
I had once asked for a perfume, Lapid and they sent me "One-man-show" after many days of waiting. All those okirika they sent me in place of the flamboyant looking satorials advertised online has been turned to rags. I forgive myself for wasting much money on Nigeria online buys before I realised it was a soft scam.
Re: Beware Of Jumia's Fraudlent Act!!!! by xhero: 7:25am On Aug 20, 2017
xangerar:
I had once asked for a perfume, Lapid and they sent me "One-man-show" after many days of waiting. All those okirika they sent me in place of the flamboyant looking satorials advertised online has been turned to rags. I forgive myself for wasting much money on Nigeria online buys before I realised it was a soft scam.

Jumia is a scam and a hub for fake products. it's really unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Jumia's Fraudlent Act!!!! by aputel: 11:14am On Aug 20, 2017
Nearly all the online businesses are into this kind of mess, You will advertise a designer shoe at a very expensive rate only for you to deliver aba made shoe. Nigerians are very difficulty to understand,keeping quiet in the midst of oppression. Kudos for you for coming on the social media ,and I hope we will keep the heat on those fraudulent on line businesses

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia's Fraudlent Act!!!! by meezynetwork(m): 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2017
Lmao
Re: Beware Of Jumia's Fraudlent Act!!!! by xhero: 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2017
aputel:
Nearly all the online businesses are into this kind of mess, You will advertise a designer shoe at a very expensive rate only for you to deliver aba made shoe. Nigerians are very difficulty to understand,keeping quiet in the midst of oppression. Kudos for you for coming on the social media ,and I hope we will keep the heat on those fraudulent on line businesses

It's time we fought back....even nairaland mods have refused to push this to front page but wud rather put irrelevant tins der

(1) (Reply)

Private Jet Robbed By Bandits At Murtala Mohammed Airport Lagos / Police Parade 48yrs-old Pastor For Sleeping With Three Siblings In Benin / BREAKING: In New Video, Boko Haram Executes Abducted Soldier, Policeman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.