Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Drug Addiction Among Teenage Boys in Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Drug Addiction Among Teenage Boys in Nigeria (1419 Views)

Revolution In Healing From Alcoholism And Drug Addiction By “diet Of New Saturda / Drug Addiction; Learn A Thing Or Two. / Drug Addiction - Prevention, Management And Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drug Addiction Among Teenage Boys in Nigeria by abrakson(f): 7:45pm On Jun 06, 2005
What is it with male teenage drug addiction? It's getting out of hand!

Hi all,

I am getting uncomfortable with the rate at which Nigerian teen boys weed up, drink alcohol, and smoke excessively. It can destroy their heart, livers and they come out to be bad parents eventually, especially does of them that don't get to drop the habit.

I think big brothers should be an example to the younger ones so we can have a proper generation with determination to change our country for good. If we start well I think someone somwhere will give a listening ear to us being the leaders of tommorrow.
Re: Drug Addiction Among Teenage Boys in Nigeria by Seun(m): 8:00pm On Jun 06, 2005
Can you tell us true life stories about how some people got involved in drugs and, hopefully, how some of them have been able to kick the habit?

Knowledge, they say, is power. Some of us may know next to nothing about this topic, so please enlighten us!
Re: Drug Addiction Among Teenage Boys in Nigeria by Hunter(m): 11:51pm On Jun 06, 2005
It's a groing problem all around the world , I have even had freinds that have decided to go down that track, a sad site really.
Re: Drug Addiction Among Teenage Boys in Nigeria by olaide07(f): 5:26pm On Jul 03, 2005
Seun:

Can you tell us true life stories about how some people got involved in drugs and, hopefully, how some of them have been able to kick the habit?

Knowledge, they say, is power.  Some of us may know next to nothing about this topic, so please enlighten us!

You get involve in drugs directly or indirectly.You are involved directly when you are affected by peer pressure which teenagers are vulnerable to due to lack of self confidence.I strongly believe it's habit that is difficult to stop.It is either you stay away from drug or go near and get destroyed
Re: Drug Addiction Among Teenage Boys in Nigeria by Greatpeter(m): 9:44pm On Jul 04, 2005
Good olaide07, Very good point.
Intelligent gbosa!
Re: Drug Addiction Among Teenage Boys in Nigeria by Z4M4eva(f): 2:19pm On Nov 16, 2005
That problem is even more worse here in the U.K,not only boys but gurls too, and of very very young age.
Re: Drug Addiction Among Teenage Boys in Nigeria by boladonas(m): 10:22pm On Nov 25, 2006
olaide07:

You get involve in drugs directly or indirectly.You are involved directly when you are affected by peer pressure which teenagers are vulnerable to due to lack of self confidence.I strongly believe it's habit that is difficult to stop.It is either you stay away from drug or go near and get destroyed

olaide u are quite right, straight to d point gbam
i doff my hat 4 ur intelligence

(1) (Reply)

Another Deadly Disease! Human Papilloma Virus (hpv) Uncureable! / Are You Using Dr Ela's Nigerian Weight Loss Products? They Work Like Magic! / Does Contraceptives Make Women Grow Fat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.