Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Hell Is Not Grave - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell Is Not Grave (497 Views)

What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. / Another Pastor Fails To Resurrect Man After Jumping Inside Grave [PHOTOS] / For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! (2) (3) (4)

Hell Is Not Grave by Pekun210(m): 10:35am On Aug 20, 2017
Though both maybe beneath but one distuiguish them is everyone has appointment with death will so will be buried in the grave.both the good,holy,innocent,wicked,bad will go into the grave but everyone cannot go to hell.hell is for the sinners and the saint will be rejoicing in heaven singing hosannah
Re: Hell Is Not Grave by SOFTENGR: 11:15am On Aug 20, 2017
Pekun210:
Though both maybe beneath but one distuiguish them is everyone has appointment with death will so will be buried in the grave.both the good,holy,innocent,wicked,bad will go into the grave but everyone cannot go to hell.hell is for the sinners and the saint will be rejoicing in heaven singing hosannah
Concerning Jesus, Psalms 16:10 says "For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption". And Acts 2:3131 reads: "He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption."
So Jesus was for a while, in "hell".

Re: Hell Is Not Grave by Kobojunkie: 2:57am On Mar 07
Pekun210:
■ Though both maybe beneath but one distuiguish them is everyone has appointment with death will so will be buried in the grave.both the good,holy,innocent,wicked,bad will go into the grave but everyone cannot go to hell.hell is for the sinners and the saint will be rejoicing in heaven singing hosannah
Beneath where?

This is simple really! For those who remain bound by the Old Law of Moses, all of whom have been condemned by God to perish in the grave aka Hell, Hell is the grave where they go to perish after Death aka cease to exist - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 & Genesis 3 va 19 - 24 or either sleep — for those who met the requirement for eternal life — until the time of the resurrection. undecided

For those who are of God's New Covenant, Jesus Christ, and are hence born-again, Hell is instead the place of Eternal Damnation where the goats in the Kingdom of God will end up, after Jesus Christ has first returned and judged those in His flock, for eternity - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. The place of Eternal Damnation does not exist beneath anything. No man has ever been there and no one will until after Jesus Christ has first returned and judged His flock. undecided
Re: Hell Is Not Grave by paxonel(m): 3:41am On Mar 07
Pekun210:
In reality and according to scriptures, hell fire is grave and not fire burning people.
The difference is, when a believer dies, he is resurrected and does not remain in the grave or hell fire.
But when an unbeliever dies, he remains dead in the grave forever, no resurrection.
Re: Hell Is Not Grave by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:00am On Mar 07
paxonel:

In reality and according to scriptures, hell fire is grave and not fire burning people.
The difference is, when a believer dies, he is resurrected and does not remain in the grave or hell fire.
But when an unbeliever dies, he remains dead in the grave forever, no resurrection.

Unbelievers will be resurrected as unrighteous ones that's why the scriptures say:

"And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the RIGHTEOUS and the UNRIGHTEOUS" Act 24:15

The righteous are believers from Abel till today, they believe in the true God and walked with Him so it was counted as righteousness for them.
The unrighteous are people who don't know the true God, some of them lived as prisoners of conscience so God keep them in mind as those who may become believers if given the opportunity as they have proved that they are willing to do what is right. Romans 2:14-15
Among the unbelievers are many who chose to be WICKED they don't know God and they don't care to know so it's like they deliberately rendered their conscience dead or they forgot God that's why God said He will forget such ones during the time of resurrection:

The wicked will retreat toward the Grave, All the nations who forget God! Psalms 9:17
Re: Hell Is Not Grave by Ken4Christ: 6:36am On Mar 07
Pekun210:

It's wrong to start a thread on sensitive issue as this without a single scripture to buttress your point.

It's true, hell is not grave. But please, do a little more study so you can educate people.
Re: Hell Is Not Grave by Ken4Christ: 6:44am On Mar 07
Kobojunkie:
Beneath where?

This is simple really! For those who remain bound by the Old Law of Moses, all of whom have been condemned by God to perish in the grave aka Hell, Hell is the grave where they go to perish after Death aka cease to exist - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 & Genesis 3 va 19 - 24 or either sleep — for those who met the requirement for eternal life — until the time of the resurrection. undecided

For those who are of God's New Covenant, Jesus Christ, and are hence born-again, Hell is instead the place of Eternal Damnation where the goats in the Kingdom of God will end up, after Jesus Christ has first returned and judged those in His flock, for eternity - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. The place of Eternal Damnation does not exist beneath anything. No man has ever been there and no one will until after Jesus Christ has first returned and judged His flock. undecided

Hello, Mr Liar,

Hell is vividly pictured as a place that burns with fire kindled by God himself. There is no fire in the physical grave and as such could not be referring to the grave;

Deuteronomy 32:22
For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall BURN UNTO THE LOWEST HELL, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

Physical graves certainly can't fit into this statement. For instance, no fire burns in the physical grave.

Second, it says it shall burn to the lowest hell. So some compartment in hell are deeper than others. There is no such thing as lowest grave.
In addition, it says it sets on fire the foundation of mountains.

This explains the phenomenon of volcanic eruption. The fire causing it comes from hell beneath.
Re: Hell Is Not Grave by Ken4Christ: 6:45am On Mar 07
MaxInDHouse:

Unbelievers will be resurrected as unrighteous ones that's why the scriptures say:

"And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the RIGHTEOUS and the UNRIGHTEOUS" Act 24:15

The righteous are believers from Abel till today, they believe in the true God and walked with Him so it was counted as righteousness for them.
The unrighteous are people who don't know the true God, some of them lived as prisoners of conscience so God keep them in mind as those who may become believers if given the opportunity as they have proved that they are willing to do what is right. Romans 2:14-15
Among the unbelievers are many who chose to be WICKED they don't know God and they don't care to know so it's like they deliberately rendered their conscience dead or they forgot God that's why God said He will forget such ones during the time of resurrection:

The wicked will retreat toward the Grave, All the nations who forget God! Psalms 9:17

You are not tired of your lies. Always opposing the word of God. Your portion in hell will be worse. Son of perdition.

Re: Hell Is Not Grave by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:40am On Mar 07
Ken4Christ:

You are not tired of your lies. Always opposing the word of God. Your portion in hell will be worse. Son of perdition.

How long will you continue with the lies of your abductors?
Well the truth remains that God never wanted the wicked to have everlasting life it's a gift for the righteous so if you're still nursing the idea that wicked people will be somewhere after their death then you're supporting Satan the devil who opposed God telling Eve that sinners will not die! Genesis 3:4 smiley
Re: Hell Is Not Grave by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:42am On Mar 07
Ken4Christ:

It's wrong to start a thread on sensitive issue as this without a single scripture to buttress your point.

It's true, hell is not grave. But please, do a little more study so you can educate people.

LIAR!
My comment that's always backed with Bible verses you still kicked against due to your own religious fallacies! smiley
Re: Hell Is Not Grave by Kobojunkie: 4:09am On Mar 09
Ken4Christ:
■ Hello, Mr Liar, Hell is vividly pictured as a place that burns with fire kindled by God himself. There is no fire in the physical grave and as such could not be referring to the grave;
Deuteronomy 32:22 For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall BURN UNTO THE LOWEST HELL, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.
Physical graves certainly can't fit into this statement. For instance, no fire burns in the physical grave.
Second, it says it shall burn to the lowest hell. So some compartment in hell are deeper than others. There is no such thing as lowest grave. In addition, it says it sets on fire the foundation of mountains. This explains the phenomenon of volcanic eruption. The fire causing it comes from hell beneath.
1. A supposedly intelligent being posted this as a response, abi? And when I tell you that you are seriously lacking in the language comprehension department, you pretend say na yab I dey yab you, abi?
20 So he said, ‘I will turn away from them, then let’s see what happens! They are a rebellious people. They are like children who will not learn their lessons.
21 They made me jealous with things that are not really gods. They made me angry with their worthless idols. So I will use people who are not really a nation to make them jealous. I will use a worthless nation to make them angry.
22 My anger will burn like a fire, burning down to the deepest grave, burning the earth and all it produces, burning deep down below the mountains.
23 “‘I will bring troubles to the Israelites. I will shoot all my arrows at them.
24 They will become thin from hunger. Terrible diseases will destroy them. I will send wild animals against them. Poisonous snakes and lizards will bite them.
25 In the streets, soldiers will kill them. In their houses, terrible things will happen. Soldiers will kill young men and women. They will kill babies and old people.
26 “‘I thought about destroying the Israelites so that people would forget them completely!
27 But I know what their enemies would say. The enemy would not understand. They would brag and say, “The Lord did not destroy Israel. We won by our own power!”’ - Deuteronomy 3 vs 20 - 27
Compare wetin God talk for the above passage to wetin you claim say Him means. Are you sure you are alright at all? lipsrsealed

2. It seems your particular stock in trade is rendering the words out of the Mouth of the God of Israel into a lie and nothing else. you seem to get your kicks out of making a liar out of Him. Your ego thrives on this. lipsrsealed

This is God of Israel describing the burning of His anger against those who would disobey His Law in the Land but here you twist His words to assert it matches the convenient delusions of a hell which you claim is found in the middle of the earth. CHEEEZZZUUSS!!! undecided
Re: Hell Is Not Grave by Ken4Christ: 7:57am On Mar 09
Kobojunkie:
1. A supposedly intelligent being posted this as a response, abi? And when I tell you that you are seriously lacking in the language comprehension department, you pretend say na yab I dey yab you, abi?
Compare wetin God talk for the above passage to wetin you claim say Him means. Are you sure you are alright at all? lipsrsealed

2. It seems your particular stock in trade is rendering the words out of the Mouth of the God of Israel into a lie and nothing else. you seem to get your kicks out of making a liar out of Him. Your ego thrives on this. lipsrsealed

This is God of Israel describing the burning of His anger against those who would disobey His Law in the Land but here you twist His words to assert it matches the convenient delusions of a hell which you claim is found in the middle of the earth. CHEEEZZZUUSS!!! undecided

WEAC should please recall you to take English language again. The translators are dishonest. Is the grave deep talk more of deepest grave?

Well, you have made up your mind to follow the deceitful teachings of those who deny the existence of hell. You will regret for the rest of your life when you get there. You will curse the day your mother gave birth to you.
Re: Hell Is Not Grave by Kobojunkie: 8:09am On Mar 09
Ken4Christ:
■ WEAC should please recall you to take English language again. The translators are dishonest. Is the grave deep talk more of deepest grave?
■ Well, you have made up your mind to follow the deceitful teachings of those who deny the existence of hell. You will regret for the rest of your life when you get there. You will curse the day your mother gave birth to you.
See this very wicked somebody! You have not even an ounce of respect for the one you call God as you go about casting Him as some sort of liar every opportunity that comes your way abi? undecided

God of Israel by way of a figure of speech — a Simile , in fact —compared His anger against the wicked to fire burning deep down into the ground. But you decided to use that as an opportunity to fabricate these tales of yours of some hell that you imagine is in the middle of the earth. Have you no shame of any kind? undecided
20 So he said, ‘I will turn away from them, then let’s see what happens! They are a rebellious people. They are like children who will not learn their lessons.
21 They made me jealous with things that are not really gods. They made me angry with their worthless idols. So I will use people who are not really a nation to make them jealous. I will use a worthless nation to make them angry.
22 My anger will burn like a fire, burning down to the deepest grave, burning the earth and all it produces, burning deep down below the mountains.
23 “‘I will bring troubles to the Israelites. I will shoot all my arrows at them.
24 They will become thin from hunger. Terrible diseases will destroy them. I will send wild animals against them. Poisonous snakes and lizards will bite them.
25 In the streets, soldiers will kill them. In their houses, terrible things will happen. Soldiers will kill young men and women. They will kill babies and old people.
26 “‘I thought about destroying the Israelites so that people would forget them completely!
27 But I know what their enemies would say. The enemy would not understand. They would brag and say, “The Lord did not destroy Israel. We won by our own power!”’ - Deuteronomy 3 vs 20 - 27
See how you twist what is plainly written all so you can stroke your ego there, for what? So you can claim you believe in the very same God whose words mean absolutely nothing to you? Abeg get away!! undecided

2. Regret no dey my dictionary at all because unlike you, I have no space for all that vitriolic rubbish wey you religious nutjobs are notorious for carrying around with you everywhere you go. undecided
Re: Hell Is Not Grave by Ken4Christ: 5:45pm On Mar 09
Kobojunkie:
See this very wicked somebody! You have not even an ounce of respect for the one you call God as you go about casting Him as some sort of liar every opportunity that comes your way abi? undecided

God of Israel by way of a figure of speech — a Simile , in fact —compared His anger against the wicked to fire burning deep down into the ground. But you decided to use that as an opportunity to fabricate these tales of yours of some hell that you imagine is in the middle of the earth. Have you no shame of any kind? undecided
See how you twist what is plainly written all so you can stroke your ego there, for what? So you can claim you believe in the very same God whose words mean absolutely nothing to you? Abeg get away!! undecided

2. Regret no dey my dictionary at all because unlike you, I have no space for all that vitriolic rubbish wey you religious nutjobs are notorious for carrying around with you everywhere you go. undecided

Go back to school.
Re: Hell Is Not Grave by Kobojunkie: 6:14pm On Mar 09
Ken4Christ:
■ Go back to school.
Abeg get away!! undecided
Re: Hell Is Not Grave by Ken4Christ: 10:51pm On Mar 09
Kobojunkie:
Abeg get away!! undecided

Go and burn that Bible that translated the phrase, 'as deep as grave'. Graves have shallow depth and so it's very stupid for anyone to use it as a reference for depth.

Hell is deeper than the ocean bed. Hence, it's been used as a reference for depth; 'as deep as hell'.

Even an alcoholic man knows that the phrase'as deep as grave' is a grammatical suicide.
Re: Hell Is Not Grave by Kobojunkie: 10:55pm On Mar 09
Ken4Christ:
Go and burn that Bible that translated the phrase, 'as deep as grave'. Graves have shallow depth and so it's very stupid for anyone to use it as a reference for depth. Hell is deeper than the ocean bed. Hence, it's been used as a reference for depth; 'as deep as hell'. Even an alcoholic man knows that the phrase'as deep as grave' is a grammatical suicide.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 He seriously can't detach the delusions swirling around in his head from what is in fact written in the book.

Re: Hell Is Not Grave by Ken4Christ: 8:10pm On Mar 10
Kobojunkie:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 He seriously can't detach the delusions swirling around in his head from what is in fact written in the book.

You are a product of poor standard of education in Nigeria.
Re: Hell Is Not Grave by Kobojunkie: 7:47pm On Mar 14
SOFTENGR:
■ Concerning Jesus, Psalms 16:10 says "For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption". And Acts 2:3131 reads: "He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption."
■ So Jesus was for a while, in "hell".
That passage is not concerning Jesus Christ as it instead reads more like the words of a righteous man would say towards the end of his days on earth. Probably the man named David wrote this right before he went to the grave. undecided
1 Please keep me safe, God, because I come to you for help.
2 I have said to the Lord, ‘You are my Lord. All the good things that I have in my life are gifts from you.’
3 When I think about your own people who live in this land, it makes me happy! They are truly great people!
4 But many troubles will come to people who choose to worship other gods. I will not join with them to offer gifts of blood to their gods. I will never use the names of their gods to make promises.
5 You, Lord, are all that I need. What you give to me is enough, for me and for my descendants.
6 Yes, you have given to me a good way of life. Your gifts are better than good fields or valuable land.
7 I will praise the Lord, who is my guide through life. In the dark nights, you help me to learn what is right.
8 I will always trust the Lord to be with me. He is very near to me, so I will not be upset.
9 I am truly happy and I thank God. I know that my life is safe with God.
10 You, Lord, will not leave me in the deep hole of death. As one who belongs to you, you will not leave my body to spoil in the grave. - Psalm 16 vs 1 - 16
Jesus Christ is the Eternal Life of the Father, and He does not cry to God for help to be saved from the Grave. Rather, He raised Himself from the death just as He said He would in John 10.
17 The Father loves me because I choose to die for my sheep. But after I give my life like that, I will become alive again.
18 Nobody can take my life away from me. Instead, I myself can choose to die. I have the authority to do that. I also have the authority to become alive again. My Father has said that I must do that. - John 10 vs 17 - 18
Psalm 16 is not about Jesus Christ.

2. Jesus Christ told His followers, at least 3 times prior, that He would be in the grave for 3 days. So, Jesus Christ was in the grave for 3 days as He said. undecided

The True Meaning Of This Quote From The Quran About Jesus. / Nnamdi Kanu more prophetic than Father Mbaka - Reverend Father Obinma / What Happens When Accidents Occur?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115