Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,879 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

We Can Go The Extra Mile - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / We Can Go The Extra Mile (429 Views)

The Mile High Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Can Go The Extra Mile by haywhybamz(m): 7:43am On Aug 21, 2017
We can go on the extra mile..

Yesterday i couldn't cry because people around would wonder why i am/was crying... Just over two weeks ago i stumbled on a radio programme 'WHO CARES' by sportscaster FEMI OBONG DANIELS and i must say days like this are needed in the life of an individual because no matter how hard life seems to be or how disorganised everything is you just have a lot to be thankful for when you listen to other peoples problems.
I have listened to this programme twice and i can say its a life changing one, its a programme that i have decided to take as a guide to my week. I have always wondered and thought why do evil still persist in our midst? Why do people prefer to do evil rather than good. During the course of the show yesterday night, something stuck me and i have devised to pen it down.
NO MATTER THE DIFFICULTY, NO MATTER THE PROBLEMS LIFE HAS THROWN AT YOU, WE JUST NEED A LITTLE DISCOMFORT JUST FOR OUR LOVED ONES - ayobami

I had to borrow the last line which was mr femi sign out on yesterdays show. I have discovered that we all just need to go the extra mile, we all need to have a little feel of discomfort for our loved ones and for the world to have peace. I understand everyone has a problem, i understand everyone is going through a phase we all don't like at a point on our lives but at a certain point we all just need to look up and say although i have a problem which might be bigger than anyone else or needs urgent attention but at Thor point let me care if neighbour or other are going through some sort of problems which i can render little assistance. Although some might argue what if the do not appreciate and the answer i have to this is a quote i read sometimes ago " learn to give without expecting anything in return"
To the parent, although i am still a young boy but as a little boy growing up in the arms of my loved ones was the best feeling i ever had. I understand we all must make ends meet but children needs love, attention and care. Children needs to have that parental care while they grow up because it goes a long way to affect their mentality later in life.. Despite the hardship in the country, parent should find a way to create the best memories for their children. Although you might not have the money to take them out, why not create a small party in your small room just for no reason and tell the children stories about your childhood or things that can create that bond a family needs. It all counts.
We all can only hope for a perfect and stress free life but in reality we have to go through some stages which makes us human and i want everyone out there to know everyone has a story. The world would be a better place if we all strive hard and go the extra mile just to help others.. Surely peace would reign the world and all forms of evil would find no place in our midst..
Good morning, do have a wonderful day and week ahead..

OKERINDE AYOBAMI

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Green White Green / *** / Chimamanda Adichie Employs Nigerian Culture For Her Novels’ Cover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.