Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day (15704 Views)

Prostitute Stabbed To Death In Her Lagos Hotel Room / Nigerian Student Stabbed To Death By Countrymen Over Girlfriend In Cyprus(pic) / Woman Stabs Son To Death On Children's Day In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by obiem(m): 10:19am On Feb 18, 2010
Journalist stabbed to death in front of wife, son

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Ozioma Ubabukoh and Olusola Fabiyi

A former Senate correspondent of Africa Independent Television, Mr. Efenji Efenji, was on Sunday stabbed to death while celebrating the Valentine with his wife and son at Oakland Garden, Karu, a suburb in Abuja.

According to an eyewitness, a fight ensued when the late radio presenter of Political Platform on Ray Power 100.5 Fm objected to an offer from a four-man gang to dance with his wife.

He had reportedly told them that since she was married, it was not morally right for her to dance with them.

He told them that if she was just a girlfriend, he probably would have considered their request for a dance.

The gang then proceeded to break bottles and started stabbing him while he ran for safety.

Amid the scuffle, it was said that the journalist’s elder brother, Mr. Agwanyan Efenji, took his wife and son as well as those of Mr. Eneji Innocent, a friend of the former AIT correspondent, to safety.

“It was when about 16 other hoodlums joined in stabbing him on the head that the police arrived the scene and arrestedsome of them while I was trying to rescue him and two of the boys who started the fight,” Innocent said.

According to him, all attempts to get the policemen to rush Efenji to hospital failed.

He said, “Instead, they cocked their guns and threatened to label me an armed robber if I failed to get into their vehicle. It was later we heard he had died after losing so much blood.”

However, a Deputy Supritendent of Police, Mr. Moshood Jimoh, said the police had made useful arrests.

“We have made some arrests. I would not like to disclose their identity or their number,” he said.

Jimoh said the Commissioner of Police, FCT Command, Mr. Haruna John, had directed the DCP in charge of the Criminal Investigation Department to handle the case, adding that he would be assisted by some other senior police officers.

He said, “We are not leaving anything to chance. The owner of the place where the stabbing took place is also assisting us with information.

“The corpse has been deposited at the National Hospital, Abuja for an autopsy.”

The Punch

Crazy world ain't it? The Banana republic called Nigeria! Bola Ige, Marshal Harry, Alfred Rewane murders are still unsolved till date so what is Efenji's fate?
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by bibiking1(m): 10:32am On Feb 18, 2010
Lawd Hammercy!!!!!!!
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by 9ijaprince(m): 10:53am On Feb 18, 2010
God this is very sad. What is he doing in such a dangerous spot.
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by otokx(m): 11:19am On Feb 18, 2010
Just too bad
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by jessefly: 11:57am On Feb 18, 2010
our police is just for show
dat is why we look only to BABA
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by tayoast(m): 12:02pm On Feb 18, 2010
He said, “Instead, they cocked their guns and threatened to label me an armed robber if I failed to get into their vehicle. It was later we heard he had died after losing so much blood.”

pretty much wat those 'Police men' do day in day out.

its lyk they dont av any Codes of Conduct
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by zoomzu(f): 12:29pm On Feb 18, 2010
Nigerian Policemen are nothing but bribe takers, only thing they are good at is to check your vehicle particulars and look for a means of taking money from you by telling you you car does not have cover letter, A car with clear Custom papers, duly registered. They will just find one means to seek bribe from you. Stupid people, I am sorry to say that. They might even ask for the particulars of you car stereo.
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by g1(m): 12:42pm On Feb 18, 2010
This is soooo sad, i can never forget his name from AIT news reports.
and the stupid police officers arrested his brother that was trying to help him angry angry angryif it is to arrest goat now they know how to but when it comes to protecting human life they are clueless. Useless bastards (police) angry.

i hope his family are able to find peace and strenght to move on!!
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by Livvvvy(f): 12:45pm On Feb 18, 2010
gosh!!! this is really sad
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by obiem(m): 12:53pm On Feb 18, 2010
9ijaprince:

God this is very sad. What is he doing in such a dangerous spot.

Dude, t'was Vals day he just took his wifey and son out, don't think it was a bad idea. It was just unfortunate that those unscruplous elements were on a deadly mission which claimed his life. So sad sad

g1:

This is soooo sad, i can never forget his name from AIT news reports.

Same for me too, i can't forget his name from AIT news reports.
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by Witi(m): 12:59pm On Feb 18, 2010
obiem:

According to him, all attempts to get the policemen to rush Efenji to hospital failed.

I am very sure that they were drunk by then an average Nigeria Police Officer is always drunk on duty. This is pathetic but what is Efenji doing in such a rough place anyway one should not blame the dead.
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by saharachic(f): 1:00pm On Feb 18, 2010
You guys are just blaming the police. But what about the dead victim, what if he had restrained, his life would have been saved. wasnt that the right time for him to go call the police or vigilantes to handle the boys than taking it upon himself? didnt he trust his wife? wasnt it a party? would they go to a party like that and they would not dance? they would have known better.
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by Jakumo(m): 1:13pm On Feb 18, 2010
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by tayoast(m): 1:51pm On Feb 18, 2010
saharachic:

You guys are just blaming the police. But what about the dead victim, what if he had restrained, his life would have been saved. wasnt that the right time for him to go call the police or vigilantes to handle the boys than taking it upon himself? didnt he trust his wife? wasnt it a party? would they go to a party like that and they would not dance? they would have known better.

what?? wat a weird thing 2 say.

so, he shd av given them his wife, abi?? no man 'll ever do that!! he did exatcly d right thing.
its unfortunate dt he lost his life in d process.

but who knows, it could av been different had d police taken him 2 d hospital on time
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by snowdrops(m): 2:08pm On Feb 18, 2010
Sincere condolence to his family
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by kay9(m): 2:10pm On Feb 18, 2010
This is just too terrible.  sad sad sad sad And trust the naija police to keep threatening arrests while the victim is bleeding to death, God! To think i was even praising them this morning for intercepting that truck loads of almajiris . . . . . .  sad sad angry angry angry

saharachic:

Lady, pardon my french but i think you should just shut da fc.iik up. It was frigging VALS DAY; fancy some scantily-clad chic trying to dance with your HUSBAND on LOVER'S DAY!!!
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by kidonig: 2:11pm On Feb 18, 2010
Its Nigeria so I am not surprised,
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by Abagworo(m): 2:23pm On Feb 18, 2010
Omg! I loved his name so much.may his soul rest ipp.
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by violent(m): 2:31pm On Feb 18, 2010
saharachic:

You guys are just blaming the police. But what about the dead victim, what if he had restrained, his life would have been saved. wasnt that the right time for him to go call the police or vigilantes to handle the boys than taking it upon himself? didnt he trust his wife? wasnt it a party[b]? would they go to a party like that and they would not dance? they would have known better[/b].

You must be smoking something dangerous!
A married man not giving his consent for a four man gang to dance with his wife is something any responsible husband will do. . . .
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 18, 2010
f.u.c.king sad!
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by Kx: 2:36pm On Feb 18, 2010
sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 18, 2010
saharachic:

Well those thiefing policemen prevented the victim from being rushed to the hospital. Besides the man was friggin celebrating Val's day with his family. Why the heck should he let some men dance with his wife?
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by Fhemmmy: 2:48pm On Feb 18, 2010
I thought there was a law in Nigeria now that says, they have to attend to people first at the hospital and then procedure will be secondary?
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 18, 2010
am sure there is another angle to this story.

maybe the deceased called them demeaning names or something.They wont attack him just because he said they cant dance with his wife.something to ponder about.

but its still sad to lose his life this way,really sad
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by Gekko(m): 2:52pm On Feb 18, 2010
saharachic:

You clearly lack comprehensive skills.
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by Kx: 2:57pm On Feb 18, 2010
saharachic:

I cant believe this.
Do u realise the victim is somebody's husband and father at all?
It is ideas like this that made Femi sing,sorry for Nigeria.
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by Fhemmmy: 3:01pm On Feb 18, 2010
saharachic:

So u actually want the husband to sit and watch his wife being romanced with some group of touts?
What would u have done, if you were in his shoes?
The policeman shd have allowed the man to be taken to the Clinic or even go to teh Clinic with them and then, make arrest, if they think the man has done any wrong.
I think the lives of people needed to have better value in Nigeria.
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by g1(m): 3:14pm On Feb 18, 2010
saharachic:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked you are very heartless angry angry angry
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by ladi02(m): 3:56pm On Feb 18, 2010
saharachic:

You nor get sense, so of all the people to blame you blame a married man for not leaving his wife to dance with hoodlums. i just cant believe someone can say such a thing after a sad thing like this.
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by asha80(m): 4:01pm On Feb 18, 2010
Una wan kill saharachic grin

Sahachic ur comments are at best nonsensical.
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by 4tune1(m): 4:03pm On Feb 18, 2010
Hmm destiny atimes, may his soul rest in peace.
Re: AIT Reporter Efenji Efenji Stabbed To Death On Vals Day by RichyBlacK(m): 4:07pm On Feb 18, 2010
May his soul rest in peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Duping Facebook Girlfriend Of N850, 000 / Joke Bakare: Saying No And Helping Rape Victims / Evans' Father: Take My Son To TB Joshua For Deliverance; I'm Ashamed (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.