Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly (4029 Views)

Gideon Yobo And Wife Welcome Baby (photos) / Keshi Backs Yobo For Ballon D'or / Latest Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Drop 11 Steps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by dinsky: 1:30pm On Feb 18, 2010
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=60

For next month’s World Cup warm-up against Paraguay, Nigeria will parade a far younger team than the one that featured at the recent Africa Cup of Nations following a decision to call up players not beyond 28 years of age.
This means players like skipper Nwankwo Kanu, Joseph Yobo, Danny Shittu and Seyi Olofinjana will not be involved in the Paraguay friendly slated for March 3 in London.

The technical department of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) will therefore call up players from the country’s Under-17 and Under-20 teams for the London friendly.

“We have listed some very young and promising players from the age-grade teams to join those who are already in the Super Eagles, but we are only going to use players not more than 28 years for the match against Paraguay,” said deputy secretary-general of the NFF technical department, James Peters.

“We are therefore considering players like Emmanuel Sani, Fortune Chukwudi and a host of players within the 28 years age bracket.”

Players like Rabiu Ibrahim and Obiora Nwankwo from the Under-20 also have a good chance of making the squad for the Paraguay clash.
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by azeeza(f): 1:41pm On Feb 18, 2010
ok o. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by FBS: 1:44pm On Feb 18, 2010
azeeza:

ok o. lipsrsealed
Infact you nailed it. ok o!
Until we see them play abi?  cheesy

And to think there is no coach yet? Oh sorry, Sir Amodu the coach it is.
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by snowdrops(m): 2:34pm On Feb 18, 2010
Is this the time for massive experimentation or making our very best players blend more together as a team.
Seriously do they expect the young under-20 and -17 players to make the world cup squad.
A wild goose chase if you ask me.
And what happened to the foreign coach. A sane nation would have employed one by now so that this would be his first match to get to know the players better.
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by chelseabmw(m): 3:32pm On Feb 18, 2010
hisses
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by omar22(m): 4:39pm On Feb 18, 2010
Nobody has asked the question

WHO IS THE MANAGER or COACH? if its Amodu then am sorry to break una heart, Amodu would be leading the team and they are evicting those who criticised Amodu's regime one by one
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by 12large: 4:45pm On Feb 18, 2010
it is a good deal but they should not drop shituu. if we are truthfull to ourself, our u-20 midfield owns nigeria future. i see the likes of ibrahim,okoro,lukman in eagles for years more than etuhu and co
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by honeric01(m): 12:07am On Feb 19, 2010
payback time, drop as many names as possible, if possible, they should not smear the SE jersey again.
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by templays(m): 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2010
we have suffered in this country *sobbing*
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by newmusic: 1:37pm On Feb 19, 2010
Paraguay is no more playing friendly match with us.
Reason is that they said we are not serious,how can they be thinking of playing a team without a coach.
Now tell me who dropped kanu and yobo when we have no coach,is it sanni lulu or taiwo ogunjobi?

Paraguay will now play Athletico Bilbao of Spain instead of Nigeria, infact this is a big shame to Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by MAYOWAAK: 1:38pm On Feb 19, 2010
the game has been cancelled because paraguay prefers to play athletico bilbao,a spanish club
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by Ournaija: 1:49pm On Feb 19, 2010
@ poster

Didn`t you read Complete Sports today before posting? NFF is yet to find a country to play friendly with. And the search for a coach continues.
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by beanos(m): 2:07pm On Feb 19, 2010
That will be very nice,if only the coach will adhere to it. Come to think of it,is it not time the NFF recruit new breeds for the super eagles. sad
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by SUNNY45: 2:37pm On Feb 19, 2010
Mr Poster, there's no friendly anywhere, its been cancelled. So save yourself the stress.
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by ayobase(m): 4:06pm On Feb 19, 2010
whatever!
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by TJ3(m): 4:12pm On Feb 19, 2010
who is d coach or caretaker
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by TMmoney: 4:24pm On Feb 19, 2010
As at this morning via the radio the friendly isn't certain Paraguay is supposed to play Athletico Madrid on that day March the 3rd.
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by Builder: 4:51pm On Feb 19, 2010
Poster please correct ur post we aint playing paraguay

we dey play Jamaica again!!!which will make it the 200th time in 2 years we play the reggae boyz , if NFF get dem way, we go play Jamaica throughout our group stage for world cup sef, oloshi people
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by snowdrops(m): 4:52pm On Feb 19, 2010
Builder:

Poster please correct your post we aint playing paraguay

we dey play Jamaica again!!!which will make it the 200th time in 2 years we play the reggae boyz , if NFF get dem way, we go play Jamaica throughout our group stage for world cup sef, oloshi people
NFA [No future ambition] has completely lost the plot
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by enomakos(m): 5:33pm On Feb 19, 2010
good idea
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by honeric01(m): 5:50pm On Feb 19, 2010
Builder:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin ;DLWKMD!!!
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by otokx(m): 6:43pm On Feb 19, 2010
story, story
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by mamagee3(f): 6:50pm On Feb 19, 2010
I can't laugh. grin grin
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by hbrednic: 7:57pm On Feb 19, 2010
useless country
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by vislabraye(m): 8:11pm On Feb 19, 2010
Well what does it matter
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by sulad82i(m): 8:21pm On Feb 19, 2010
I did my 25th birthday 7 years ago, I think i should still qualify for the team too grin grin grin grin

Useless people. hisssssssssss
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by Ibime(m): 8:44pm On Feb 19, 2010
Please o. . . does this under-28 team include Yakubu?  grin

Long gone are the days when I would pay good money to go to Naija matches in London. . . ever since that 4-1 trashing to Ghana, these chickens are not worth my time. . . every year its the same teams. . . Ireland, Ghana, Jamo, Paraguay. . . I expect the stadium to be empty.
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by adconline(m): 9:18pm On Feb 19, 2010
so NFF has a technical dept? What's technical about them?
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by honeric01(m): 9:30pm On Feb 19, 2010
Ibime:

Please o. . . does this under-28 team include Yakubu?  grin

Long gone are the days when I would pay good money to go to Naija matches in London. . . ever since that 4-1 trashing to Ghana, these chickens are not worth my time. . . every year its the same teams. . . Ireland, Ghana, Jamo, Paraguay. . . I expect the stadium to be empty.

when did we play Paraguay in a friendly?
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by MrCrackles(m): 9:33pm On Feb 19, 2010
But wait. . .
Paraguay said they are playing Athletico Bilbao
What the fu/ck is going on shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by Ibime(m): 9:34pm On Feb 19, 2010
honeric01:

when did we play Paraguay in a friendly?

Before 2002 WC. . . . 0-0 draw at Loftus Road. . . that was Ogbeche's debut.
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by MrCrackles(m): 9:36pm On Feb 19, 2010
Ibime:

Before 2002 WC. . . . 0-0 draw at Loftus Road. . . that was Ogbeche's debut.
Nucca u must be real old! shocked grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uganda Announce Squad For Nigeria Friendly / Chelsea Players Return To Training As N'golo Kante Now Have Hair (photos) / Drake Wins $1 Million Bet On Argentina To Win the World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.