Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly (4030 Views)

Gideon Yobo And Wife Welcome Baby (photos) / Keshi Backs Yobo For Ballon D'or / Latest Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Drop 11 Steps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by 4Play(m): 9:37pm On Feb 19, 2010
MrCrackles:

Nucca u must be real old! shocked grin

This is someone who watched Nigeria lift our first African Nations Cup in 1980 you are talking about. grin
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by Bensen: 9:38pm On Feb 19, 2010
has it occured to anybody that some of our players are older that the combined age of two players in other countries squad?
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by MrCrackles(m): 9:39pm On Feb 19, 2010
4 Play:

This is someone who watched Nigeria lift our first African Nations Cup in 1980 you are talking about.  grin
Jesus!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by MrCrackles(m): 9:39pm On Feb 19, 2010
Bensen:

has it occured to anybody that some of our players are older that the combined age of two players in other countries squad?
Old news. . . .
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by honeric01(m): 9:42pm On Feb 19, 2010
Ibime:

Before 2002 WC. . . . 0-0 draw at Loftus Road. . . that was Ogbeche's debut.

i thought ogbeche's debut was against Ireland at Loftus Road, correct me please. (Sodje and the Opabummis) undecided

oh, i just got it, it ended 2 : 2

Nigeria and Paraguay drew 2-2 in an international friendly match played in London prior to the 2002 World Cup in Korea and Japan
worldcup.mtnfootball.com/live/content.php?Item_ID=27444
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by chic2pimp(m): 9:44pm On Feb 19, 2010
Builder:

Poster please correct your post we aint playing paraguay

we dey play Jamaica again!!!which will make it the 200th time in 2 years we play the reggae boyz , if NFF get dem way, we go play Jamaica throughout our group stage for world cup sef, oloshi people
Buhahahahahahahahahaha  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin true talk ooo.
I've lost count on the amount of time we've played against Jamica over the last 3 years or so.
It seems every match is vs Jamaica

Ibime:

Please o. . . does this under-28 team include Yakubu?  grin

Long gone are the days when I would pay good money to go to Naija matches in London. . . ever since that 4-1 trashing to Ghana, these chickens are not worth my time. . . every year its the same teams. . . Ireland, Ghana, Jamo, Paraguay. . . I expect the stadium to be empty.
heheheheheheehe grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by ronkeve(f): 9:45pm On Feb 19, 2010
Good idea, it's a sign of re-branding super eagles!
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by Ibime(m): 10:25pm On Feb 19, 2010
MrCrackles:

Nucca u must be real old! shocked grin

Sharrap dia. . . do you have to be above 20 years old to watch a football match?

honeric01:

(1.) i thought ogbeche's debut was against Ireland at Loftus Road, correct me please. (Sodje and the Opabummis) undecided

(2.) oh, i just got it, it ended 2 : 2

Nigeria and Paraguay drew 2-2 in an international friendly match played in London prior to the 2002 World Cup in Korea and Japan
worldcup.mtnfootball.com/live/content.php?Item_ID=27444

(1.) Nah, the Ireland match was Ogbeche's recall in 2005. . . if you remember correctly, that was Martins debut. . . Martins could not have made his debut in 2002.

(2.) The match ended 1-1. . . my bad. . . . I recall the match. . . that website is yarning nonsense.
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by honeric01(m): 11:31pm On Feb 19, 2010
@Ibime,
you're right, it was 1 1
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by denony(m): 10:43am On Feb 20, 2010
lol

let the dead bury the dead
experiment with a short period to the world cup
when other countries has listed their squad for the tournament

am not surprise, everything is moving backward here in NAIJA
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by vicishow(m): 11:19am On Feb 20, 2010
Of what use are they?
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by Builder: 12:03pm On Feb 20, 2010
I dont know why you folks keep degrading the talents our footballers have, especially the currrent crop. ok, agreed , our outing over the last african nations cup was a disater but was it their fault? or fault of the inept, below average coach and equally senceless NFF we have.

igerian footballers have always been respected individually around the globe, we know individuals only dont make the team but individuals that work as a unit and thats where employing a highly techinical, exposed and experienced coash come in to play, coaches like Guss hiddink amongst others, then again, which coach will want to work under the canopy of a crazed NFF that we have, whose job description
is embezzlement, nepotism, mismanagemnet and other crazy characteristics of a crooked organisation.

The world cup comes every 4 years, it is expected that any respected organistation is fully prepared in the areas of hiring a reputable coach, and coaching staff, launching footbal academies to bring up new crop of players for the next 4 yreas and beyong and allowing access to thecoach and stop interfaring in the selection of the team. i remenber saying this exact thing 4 years ago and i can bet my life we gonna be in the same situation, 4, 8, 12 and beyond.

Nigeria is a team capable of winning the world cup, if we decide to get our house in order, afterall, greece in the 1994 world cup never scared a goal in the tournament, and some years later, they end up winning the euro championship, England didnt qualify for the last Euro but they were amonst the highest scring qualifying toward to the world cup in south africa , nigeia can do the same, but then again this is nigeria we talking about
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by seunspice(m): 7:52am On Feb 21, 2010
Why can't we be real and original. Because the Ghanian experiment has worked now means moving all those lads up. while this is a step in the right direction, i hope it is done right. i advise every Nigerian to look past the world cup. Miracles don't happen in football anymore, as you lay your bed so you lie on it.
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by sley4life(m): 3:14pm On Feb 21, 2010
paraguay has decided to play heartland instead
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by OlaYinks1(m): 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2010
So called Technical dept, this is not d tym 4 trial by error! employ a coach & let d coach select d necessary players so as 4 them 2 utilize d remaining tym 2 familiarize embarassed
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by 7life(m): 7:48pm On Feb 21, 2010
Doing the RIGHT thing at the WRONG time make it a WRONG thing!
They are all bunch of stupid people.
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by vislabraye(m): 7:49pm On Feb 21, 2010
Yobo used to be our most regular defenders in Europe, but as for now I don't know what is happening to him. Didnt see him against Chelsea and Man U. May be he is no longer regular ,
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by Olaolufred(m): 10:38am On Feb 22, 2010
Part of PDP politics towards 2011.
By politics, Ndanusa is Minister of sport.
By Politics, Sani Lulu is the NFF chairman
By Politics, NFF signed contract with "Berti Voodoo"
By politics, Berti has 20 days mandate in Europe, and 10 days in Nigeria.
By Politics, Amodu stepped in.
By politics, NFF made all Nigerian sick of watching Eagle play.
By politics, Yar'adua can rule from grave.
In Nigeria, unthinkable things happen.
I already shifted my focus to other countries i believe will give me something to cheer in SA.
I have already consoled myself.
Can't die of any hypertension.
SA, here comes Spain, Cote Divoire, Ghana etal.
Re: Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly by alldone(m): 10:58am On Feb 22, 2010
who will coach them?
terrible arrangement.

(1) (2) (Reply)

AFCON 2012: Cote d'Ivoire Vs Angola (2 - 0) On January 30th 2012 / Uganda Announce Squad For Nigeria Friendly / Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.