Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,004 members, 7,863,628 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:47 PM

Bisnness Advice Needed On Internationl Financing - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bisnness Advice Needed On Internationl Financing (769 Views)

You Have A Project/job That Needs Financing? Let's Discuss. / Household Electronics Instalmental Financing? / Business Ideas Think-tanks Internationl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bisnness Advice Needed On Internationl Financing by nadico(m): 1:48pm On Feb 18, 2010
Hey fellow nairalanders, i need advice on a biz issue. A colleague of mine wants to open up a commercial intergrated poultry farm here in Nigeria. This is a multi million dollar project in conjunction with a foreign based in Thailand. The project is to be financed by a foreign bank through a local affiliate. We have commenced serious discussions with the host state government where the project will be sited. They have agreed to provide the land for the project,60hectares and also provide some basic infrastructures there like access roads, electricity but they are not ready to guarantee the foreign loan. we were willing to give them equity holding up to a very interesting percentage. They reasoned that with the state government guaranteeing the loan and having a say on the board, that it would create a set back towards meeting the loan repayment schedule. Please i need serious advice on how we will go about securing a private partner that can help in getting he bank guarantee. Here we are talking about a poultry system that is the first of its kind in Nigeria,nay West Africa. A similar project currently exists in Angola. I always have a very great respect for advice and views expressed in Nairaland. I need information guys.
Re: Bisnness Advice Needed On Internationl Financing by nthnymarce(m): 10:37pm On Jan 16, 2012
Sky horse ltd will be of great help. Nthnymarcel@yahoo.com
Re: Bisnness Advice Needed On Internationl Financing by cbainfo: 2:37am On Jan 17, 2012
nadico:
They reasoned that with the state government guaranteeing the loan and having a say on the board, that it would create a set back towards meeting the loan repayment schedule.

How exactly does this inhibit the loan repayment? can you explain more?
Re: Bisnness Advice Needed On Internationl Financing by bejo2k: 2:46am On Jan 17, 2012
I think the state is being fair , in the sense that they are providing solid equity(land ) , and land combined with basic amenities are a vital part of your business plan, so they deserve a say as one of the board of directors , but if this is a genuine multinational deal you and your colleagues should be able to drum up, enough liquid capital to buy the 60 hectares of land with out the state intervention, or am i getting something wrong yeah

(1) (Reply)

Which Business Will Be More Viable In Ph? Standard Boutique Or It Firm / 3 R Model Mack Truck Heads For Urgent Sale (auction) / Yes We Can Make Your Dream House A Reality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.