Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court (32362 Views)

An American Woman With Two Husbands And Three Children Is Causing A Stir Online / Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower / Woman Asks Husband To Return Her Virginity And Standing Breasts For Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by ijustdey: 2:01pm On Aug 22, 2017
A middle aged woman married to two husbands in Ibadan has gotten the leave of a Customary Court to divorce one of the husbands .

The woman , Modinat Mufutau , on Tuesday told an Idi -Ogungun Customary Court , Agodi in Ibadan how she alternated two husbands in order to satisfy herself and get enough money to take care of her three children .

Modinat had begged the court to dissolve her 12 years relationship to one of her husbands , Ajadi Mufutau , for alleged lack of care and maltreatment .

She told the court that she met Mufutau in 2005 , and he impregnated her without marriage formalities.

The petitioner said that at the beginning of the relationship Mufutau pretended to be a nice and responsible man.

“ But when he impregnated me , he began maltreating and beating me whenever I demanded money for antenatal care.

“ I left his house after delivery and hooked up with another man , Saheed , who impregnated me two years later but turned me into a punching bag after delivery of my second child for him .

“ Later, I settled down with Mufutau , got pregnant for him again , but Saheed , who I have the second child for begged me to continue with him.

“ I decided to date two of them without any problem until they met each other in my rented apartment and fought.

“ My Lord , I have made up my mind to divorce Mufutau because he had stopped giving me money for the maintenance of the two kids I had for him since he fought his rival , Saheed , in my apartment, ” Modinat said .

Mufutau did not contest the petition for dissolution .

He said , “Modinat is a shameless woman. I was not aware that she still dates Saheed until I met him in the apartment I rented for her and she did not see anything bad in her action.

“ I just pray the court to allow the first child be in my custody so that I can properly take care of the child and I promise to support her for the care of my second child , ” Mufutau said .

President of the court , Chief Mukaila Balogun, and the court’ s assessors , Aare Samotu and Ganiyu Alao, agreed and dissolved the union .

The court awarded the custody of their first child to the respondent and the second child to the petitioner .

Balogun ordered Mufutau to pay N3,500 as monthly allowance for the upkeep of the second child and warned both parties against fomenting trouble .
NAN

http://punchng.com/my-lord-i-have-two-husbands-can-i-divorce-one-woman-tells-ibadan-court/
Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by taylor88(m): 2:03pm On Aug 22, 2017
is there anything my eyes and ears hv not seen and heard?

please i want to sell them off

50 Likes

Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by Jackossky(m): 2:19pm On Aug 22, 2017
Just when you thought you have seen it all....

modiii....modiii....modiii
How many times have I called you?
Why are you bringing 'division of labour' into marital issues
This is not China for crying out loud.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by mascot87(m): 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2017
Abi were ni woman yi sha cheesy cheesy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by KingOvoramwen1(m): 4:28pm On Aug 22, 2017

So this is how some people just bang and bang and bang and forget sense , and start shamelessly claiming population later!

God have Mercy!!

This is very common practice among them ..... Norbe Today

SMH

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by NobleAngell(f): 4:28pm On Aug 22, 2017
Nawao. Mufutau was maltreating you and beating you, Saheed turned you into a punching bag. U went back to...

Madam you are your problem.You berra fix you. I just hope your foolishness doesn't rub off on the poor kids.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by xage(m): 4:28pm On Aug 22, 2017
She should leave them and give them roster

1 Like

Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by yaqq: 4:28pm On Aug 22, 2017
hehehehehehhhehe Ibadan people ooooo

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by Lexusgs430: 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2017
Lucky her .......
Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by kingxsamz(m): 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2017
nw
Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by joyfavour(f): 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2017
undecided
Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by kingxsamz(m): 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2017
undecidednonsense...
why she no meet third one con get belle for am?
yeye dey smell...
I'm not sure this Woman knows what she's doing...

5 Likes

Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by Gwan2(m): 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2017
Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2017
Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by magoo10(m): 4:30pm On Aug 22, 2017
No keep the two. werey
Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by akins56(m): 4:30pm On Aug 22, 2017
Kai!

Just when i thought the nest of presidential rats will be the weirdest I'll hear today, then, comes this one!?

Hian! Nigeria iyaff tired me fa!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by davodyguy: 4:30pm On Aug 22, 2017
beginning of the end of time
Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by BornnAgainChild(f): 4:30pm On Aug 22, 2017
Iyawo ile ibadan kini so re... grin

1 Like

Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by MrGreenMavro: 4:30pm On Aug 22, 2017
The H.ole is wide enough... do the needful!
Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by khalids: 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2017
When you turn Olosho work to life career...

5 Likes

Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by bettercreature(m): 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2017
Balogun ordered Mufutau to pay N3,500 as monthly allowance for the upkeep of the second child and warned both parties against fomenting trouble .
The judge is the culrit here

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by mikeycharles(m): 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2017
end time husbands
Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by thundafire: 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2017
Y lala no dey allow others view must he come 1st anyway na preek dy cause dis woman wahala cs either 1 no dy perform well nd dy other dy perform above expectations dats y she must choose which to stay,but dat brown zinc state no dy get any better news
Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by Jaytecq(m): 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2017
wat dis world is turning into.... oloun gbo, Ayaminja
Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by elmessiahs(m): 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2017
I knw sum pple wil blame buhari for dis
Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by vivypretty(f): 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2017
the 2 marriages werent even legal.3500 ..what Will that buy.

4 Likes

Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by Sall(m): 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2017
What kind of news is this.
Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2017
By their names you shall know them grin . Before you start attacking me, I'm from Edo state not Imo

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2017
Why majority of cases like this are these kind of names?
Even men of same categories have similar names like lasisi,sumonu, karimu, taofik, Fatai or saheed? It is very wild.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Wife Demands ‘bribe’ Before Sex, Says Pastor / Help! I'm Feeling Guilty Of Ruining Someone's Marriage / Woman Surprised With New Car On Christmas Day By Family. See Her Epic Reaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.