Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Wonderful :grandfather Graduates From College At 88 With Straight As - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Wonderful :grandfather Graduates From College At 88 With Straight As (298 Views)

Funny Exam Question From College Of Nursing IUTH Okada / Buhari’s Granddaughter, Amal, Graduates From College (Photos) / Virgin Man Celebrates His Graduation From College (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wonderful :grandfather Graduates From College At 88 With Straight As by agvictor(m): 3:04pm On Aug 22, 2017
88-year-old Horace Sheffield has proven that it is never too late to chase your dreams. The grandfather, who quit his education from Shorter University in 1965 to help educate his daughters, finally went back to the same university and successfully graduated this year.

On Friday, Sheffield of Barnesville, Georgia, walked across the stage along with his tutor Amanda Brannock to accept his diploma at Shorter University. He had attended the University from 1960 to 1965 but quit before graduating.

“I dropped out with 115 hours, he recalled. At that time a piece of paper on a wall didn’t mean that much to me. I had my education and my brain and my heart, and I put them all to good use. But 60 years later I wanted that degree”, he said.

Full story from source https://www.agvictor.com/grandfather-graduates-from-college-at-88-with-straight-as/

(1) (Reply)

Free SQL Server DBA Fundamentals Training (DFW) – Completed / University Of Ibadan Rejects The 2017/2018 Cut Off Mark Set By Jamb / Admission Enquiry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.