Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,162 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Ytdni. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ytdni. (1696 Views)

Toyin Lawani Gifts Nina With A Brand New Car For Her 22nd Birthday / ‘igbos Lack Manners And Need Sound Slaps’ – Toyin Lawani / Toyin Lawani Says The Igbos Lack Manners And Need Sound Slaps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ytdni. by TroubleMaker47(m): 4:08pm On Aug 22, 2017
Re: Ytdni. by haconjy(m): 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2017
Keep shut You just embarrassed yourself and Yoruba again... olodo

2 Likes

Re: Ytdni. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2017
All the things she wrote are true. You can never see a yoruba child call their elder by name, it only happens in Igbo land.
I live in the east for 4yrs, and I have seen an Igbo woman who is not up to 30yrs given birth to 5 children.

3 Likes

Re: Ytdni. by NairalandCS(m): 4:17pm On Aug 22, 2017
Lol I'm an igbo dude and I don't call any of my elders by thier names, it's all based on how you were trained, regardless of your tribe.

With that being said, not calling someone by thier first name doesn't mean respect, from what she wrote up there yorubas don't do it cause of fear of being slapped and not out of respect. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Ytdni. by kingxsamz(m): 4:23pm On Aug 22, 2017
K
Re: Ytdni. by ItsJezzy(m): 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2017
Who is tha one?? Is tha d name of a human being or goat??
Re: Ytdni. by hurricaneChris: 4:47pm On Aug 22, 2017
let it be on record for all to remember.
This statement should be inscribed on all immortal stone tablets for all generations to read.

That little boy has the most useless thing anyone can call a mother.

Yorubas prostrate to greet their elders,
Igbos use two hands to shake elders.

does that make Igbo culture inferior?

Where I come from in Imo state, my kinsmen who are younger than me call me "Dede Chris"

isn't dede respect?

4 Likes

Re: Ytdni. by dominique(f): 5:00pm On Aug 22, 2017
She's responding the person that insulted her tribe first. Blogger made it look as of she took the first swipe at the Igbos. Bloggers causing confusion since 1693
Re: Ytdni. by Afam4eva(m): 5:02pm On Aug 22, 2017
Some Igbos don't call their elder siblings by name and many of them do, so what? Why do people use the way they do things to qualify other people. We have our own ways of showing respect and doing pushups is not one of them. These are the kind of things that can cause a world war.

Meanwhile, some online Igbo terrorists have invaded her page forcing her to disable comments. Next, time, she will watch what she types says.

4 Likes

Re: Ytdni. by Afam4eva(m): 5:03pm On Aug 22, 2017
dominique:
She's responding a person that insulted her tribe first. Blogger made it look as of she took the first swipe at the Igbos.
Why don't you show us a link to the person that insulted her first. Anybody can claim anything and even if it's true, why not insult the person back instead of calling all Igbos in her stupidity. In your mind now, you're trying to be objective.

3 Likes

Re: Ytdni. by dominique(f): 5:14pm On Aug 22, 2017
Afam4eva:

Why don't you show us a link to the person that insulted her first. Anybody can claim anything and even if it's true, why not insult the person back instead of calling all Igbos in her stupidity. In your mind now, you're trying to be objective.

Read the screenshots very well, what she posted was in reference to what someone said about Yoruba women giving birth for different men. Besides no parts where she generalized that all Igbos are mannerless or does her Igbo friends represent the entire Igbo populace? The bloggers are just doing what they know how to do best, misleading people while tarnishing someone's reputation.
Re: Ytdni. by Afam4eva(m): 5:17pm On Aug 22, 2017
dominique:

Read the post very well, what she posted was in reference to what someone said about Yoruba women giving birth for different men. Besides no parts where she generalized that all Igbos are mannerless or does her Igbo friends represent the entire Igbo populace? The bloggers are just doing what they know how to do best, misleading people while tarnishing someone's reputation.
Read my own post very well. Did you see where any Igbo person said that Yoruba women give birth anyhow. Even if theyr said it, what has that got to do with making an analogy about how Igbos do not respect their elders. Keep making excuses for her. It makes you look really smart.

8 Likes

Re: Ytdni. by VargasVee(m): 5:21pm On Aug 22, 2017
And the obsession over the great Igbo tribe continues grin

You can see she's been holding that thought and looking for the slightest opportunity to vent her frustrations.

Greet a white man or add a prefix for respect and watch how they look at like you're mental.

It's all about upbringing. Where I come from there's Max respect, dunno the hell she's on about.

IF SHE SO WANTS TO MAKE HER POINT, WHY NOT TALK TO HER IGBO FRIENDS AND NOT GO PUBLIC TO SPEW IGNORANCE. MUPPET!

5 Likes

Re: Ytdni. by ShayGirl(f): 5:29pm On Aug 22, 2017
That might not be a general insult bt to someone in particular bt she made it sound like one...
It happens in all tribe, most Igbo's r disrespectful likewise most Yorubas as well, the same way some yorubas are dirty, and some Igbos too...it all depends on the upbringing and how well d child accepted the training..

I always grew up with dat instinct as a yoruba girl that all Igbos were disrespectful based on where I grew up, not until I changed environment and had d opportunity to travel elsewhere before d thinking changed.... And for that d fact that yorubas kneels or prostrate to greet doesn't mean that all are angels deep inside too..all depends on d training given to d child and how well he/she yielded to d training, same way attitude matters

1 Like

Re: Ytdni. by mofeoluwadassah: 5:34pm On Aug 22, 2017
just here to separate fight cool
Re: Ytdni. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 22, 2017
Who is she..? Is she related to Buhari
Re: Ytdni. by dominique(f): 6:18pm On Aug 22, 2017
Afam4eva:

Read my own post very well. Did you see where any Igbo person said that Yoruba women give birth anyhow. Even if theyr said it, what has that got to do with making an analogy about how Igbos do not respect their elders. Keep making excuses for her. It makes you look really smart.

Go to her instagram and look for it yourself. You deliberately ignored the part where she wrote 'the Yoruba women you're abusing..." and you're now saying she made an analogy because she referred to a bunch of Igbo kids. I don't make excuses for anybody, I say things the way I see them. She didn't wake up one morning to throw darts at a tribe, she only responded to someone that attacked her first as seen in her responses in the screenshot.

1 Like

Re: Ytdni. by Afam4eva(m): 6:23pm On Aug 22, 2017
dominique:

Go to her instagram and look for it yourself. You deliberately ignored the part where she wrote 'the Yoruba women you're abusing..." and you're now saying she made an analogy because she referred to a bunch of Igbo kids. I don't make excuses for anybody, I say things the way I see them. She didn't wake up one morning to throw darts at a tribe, she only responded to someone that attacked her first as seen in her responses in the screenshot.
Do you have comprehension issues. I have been on her page and i know what she posted. My only concern is that you think just because an Igbo person supposedly called her out gives her the effrontery to call Igbos disrespectful. If you think so, then say it problem and stop trying to sound impartial. She's a celebrity and should know how to speak. Watching her on Linda Ikeji TV a few days ago, i knew she could say anything, so i'm neither surprised nor fazed by her tantrums.

6 Likes

Re: Ytdni. by buchilino(m): 11:17pm On Aug 22, 2017
Remimadrid:
All the things she wrote are true. You can never see a yoruba child call their elder by name, it only happens in Igbo land.
I live in the east for 4yrs, and I have seen an Igbo woman who is not up to 30yrs given birth to 5 children.

SO ALL YORUBA'S R SAINTS?. U PPLE CAN NEVA LEARN TO MIND UR OWN BIZq

2 Likes

Re: Ytdni. by Giel: 11:31pm On Aug 22, 2017
Aboslute nonsense.
So because the Igbos she knows call people by their first name that means they don't have respect? and her statement Yoruba's are still the only ones who teach their children culture and good manners? Implying that Igbo parents don't teach their children culture and good manners? Implying that other tribes don't teach their children their culture and good manners? Disrespect to a whole tribe (the igbos) Disrespect to all the tribes in this country just because of the actions of her friends?

So because in her tribe it's not done that way therefore her tribe is superior and is now the standard for what is considered respectful. Just imagine.

She is therefore judging everyone by the rules of her own tribe? The arrogance. Absolute trash once again.

She needs to check her arrogance and her own disrespectful ways, put it in check and try not to pass it on to her son before bothering about the actions of others.

1 Like

Re: Ytdni. by LesbianBoy(m): 11:36pm On Aug 22, 2017
Who takes a HOE seriously angry

1 Like

Re: Ytdni. by LesbianBoy(m): 11:39pm On Aug 22, 2017
Afam4eva:
Some Igbos don't call their elder siblings by name and many of them do, so what? Why do people use the way they do things to qualify other people. We have our own ways of showing respect and doing pushups is not one of them. These are the kind of things that can cause a world war.

Meanwhile, some online Igbo terrorists have invaded her page forcing her to disable comments. Next, time, she will watch what she types says.

Una no go finish person with laughter for this nairaland...

4 Likes

Re: Ytdni. by Giel: 11:46pm On Aug 22, 2017
Afam4eva:

LMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Ytdni. by bamite(m): 12:58am On Aug 23, 2017
Lol

She has a point sha, those people wakes their father up with a sliding tackle grin

1 Like

Re: Ytdni. by Amberon11: 4:08am On Aug 23, 2017
That was very dense of her. Anyways what do I expect from a cougar?
Re: Ytdni. by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 23, 2017
kip quayet bleaching bivch
Re: Ytdni. by Customer80: 10:02am On Aug 23, 2017
Remimadrid:
youruba and Igbo people are not the same , we have different culture,different food, different mode of dressing, different greetings and pattern, different ideology , so many differences between us, the only thing that brings Igbo people together with yoruba is the amalgamation of nigeria in 1914, aside that we would have been foreigners to you folks, you lot should know that we are Igbo , we operate differently from yoruba, as for giving birth out of wedlock, its not a culture Igbos are proud of.

1 Like

Re: Ytdni. by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 23, 2017
NairalandCS:
Lol I'm an igbo dude and I don't call any of my elders by thier names, it's all based on how you were trained, regardless of your tribe.

With that being said, not calling someone by thier first name doesn't mean respect, from what she wrote up there yorubas don't do it cause of fear of being slapped and not out of respect. undecided
It is done out of respect but what she's trying to say is if you try to prove stubborn by calling an elder by his name, you would get slapped for disrespect (aka going against the norm). It's not rocket science.

1 Like

Re: Ytdni. by NairalandCS(m): 5:51pm On Aug 23, 2017
Henryyy:

It is done out of respect but what she's trying to say is if you try to prove stubborn by calling an elder by his name, you would get slapped for disrespect (aka going against the norm). It's not rocket science.

Anybody will do anything out of fear, introduce the fear factor to igbo people and they too would same too, but we don't do that.

After all, calling someone by thier first doesn't kill the person.

1 Like

Re: Ytdni. by marooh: 6:03pm On Aug 23, 2017
If father stop behaving like father...then slap will actual be his friend.

All this frustrated afonjaa! I know you will be ready to answer YES SIR till next 100 years!

But for bos it woulnt work

1 Like

Re: Ytdni. by slendxy: 10:46pm On Aug 23, 2017
So respect is all about not calling someone by their first name and prostrating to greet an elder? Lame.

She tried to shame an entire tribe but ended up shaming herself.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Instagram User Tells Regina Daniels She Looks Like A Sex Doll On Her Photo / Phyno Acquires A New N204M Rolls Royce Phantom! / Toyin Adewale Advises Son, Mayorkun Not To Have Baby Mama Like His Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.