Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Why You Should Never Eat Food On Planes, According To The Experts - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why You Should Never Eat Food On Planes, According To The Experts (724 Views)

10 Best Governed Countries In Africa According To World Economics / The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time / Planes Crashes Into The Sea In Ivory Coast During Landing, 4 Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Never Eat Food On Planes, According To The Experts by SageTravels: 5:38pm On Aug 22, 2017
While Some travellers may be complaining about the taste of the pasty pasta or the gluey chicken and rice dish they serve on most planes, the real reason you might want to skip the meal has nothing to do with taste, but with jet lag.

Melissa Biggs Bradley, a travel Expert, shared with Bloomberg some of her favorite travel tips that she collected during her many years of flying around the world gathering intel for her travel club members.

During her travels, Bradley has chatted up a lot of flight attendants for their insider knowledge, including one jet lag remedy that you may want to steal. According to Bradley, many flight attendants don’t eat on planes. Not a peanut or a pretzel or a reheated tray of beef and mashed potatoes—nothing.

That’s because they believe that at high-altitude your digestive system slows down, so by the time you land after a long flight your system is basically at a stand-still and has to re-start, which can make you tired. Instead they stay well-hydrated and eat when they are back on the ground. Bradley has tested the theory and believes that not eating works, and she feels less tired when she lands.

Of course, some experts point out that skipping meals on the plane may make you feel less tired for a different reason altogether—you’re getting more sleep by not waking for meals. Grab earplugs and an eye mask, and don’t wait up for that tray of mediocre food. The extra 30 minutes or so of sleep could make all the difference when you land.

http://sagetravels.com/why-you-should-stop-eating-food-on-planes-world-travel-expert/

1 Share

Re: Why You Should Never Eat Food On Planes, According To The Experts by SageTravels: 5:39pm On Aug 22, 2017
Cc; Justwise seun Mynd44 lalasticlala I know you all dont joke with your food
Re: Why You Should Never Eat Food On Planes, According To The Experts by Afonjashapmouth: 6:00pm On Aug 22, 2017
mmmmsheww that one for him pocket my stomach is always loaded with ogogoro before take off and enroute where ever i dey fly to, infact i dey always look for extra food. u no sabi how much tickect cost shuuuuu grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Eat Food On Planes, According To The Experts by OrdercityWeb: 3:04am On Aug 23, 2017
Nigerian! They must 'eat' all their money oo grin
Re: Why You Should Never Eat Food On Planes, According To The Experts by Nobody: 3:48am On Aug 23, 2017
Lalasticlala day don break oh....

Abeg the food no dey make sense again... Apart from tea and crackers and muffins
Re: Why You Should Never Eat Food On Planes, According To The Experts by SageTravels: 9:38am On Aug 23, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:
mmmmsheww that one for him pocket my stomach is always loaded with ogogoro before take off and enroute where ever i dey fly to, infact i dey always look for extra food. u no sabi how much tickect cost shuuuuu grin grin grin grin grin

Lemme Faint pls grin grin grin grin
Re: Why You Should Never Eat Food On Planes, According To The Experts by Afonjashapmouth: 10:21am On Aug 23, 2017
SageTravels:

Lemme Faint pls grin grin grin grin

abi na, ogogoro na digestive enzyme wey pass anything grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

My Brown Rusty Roof Experience / N8 Million Naira Per Year Income Or Move To Ireland / Luxembourg To Become First Country To Make All Public Transport Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.