Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 (81338 Views)

Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 1) On 24th August 2019 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 / Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Balkan(m): 6:52pm On Aug 24, 2017
Please how did Man U qualify?
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by chiiraq802(m): 6:53pm On Aug 24, 2017
Man utd group make sense wellaaa....#GGMU
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Edopesin: 6:53pm On Aug 24, 2017
EasyWork001:

Your team wan carry Champions League dis year? cheesy

nothing is impossible for the bluez angry and unlike arsenal we dont derive joy in winning the Community shield tongue
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by cstr1000: 6:53pm On Aug 24, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
Barcelona has many haters, so i am not suprise, neymar is history now, we dnt care about him. "but one thing is clear, Barcelona remain a force in the world.
No it is because you are a despicable club with no class who unsettles players using the likes of pique just to get them on the cheap.
Even Real madrid has more class. And i hate those fucckers too.
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Sanchez01: 6:53pm On Aug 24, 2017
supersystemsng:

Thanks bro...each time we say to the newbies that the success Guardiola enjoyed and the tactics were not his but that of
Frank Rijkaard, they argue....now he can't replicate the success even with the heavy sums he has spent at Man City....Always on pressure at the sidelines...I pity him
Most of them started watching football when Barcelona started beating Real Madrid in 2009. Guardiola can't even come out to say he laid the foundation for the team.

Ironically, he met a talented La Masia side and ended up dispersing them for no reason. He signed Henry, Ibrahimovic and sent Deco and Hleb into oblivion. By the time he was done with the club, La Masia talents like Borjan, Eto'o, Yaya Toure, Abidal and even the players he signed were shamefully and unceremoniously sent out of the club.

He signed handedly turned Barcelona's culture of raising talents into signing big names while the Barcelona board never stopped criticising Real Madrid for unnecessary big signings. Today, he is still in the habit of big signings with little or no results.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by otabuko(m): 6:53pm On Aug 24, 2017
Kassidy90:
E no too far..no mind am
Lol. Abi oh
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by P0intBlank(m): 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2017
Sanchez01:

I know full well but when a coach celebrate appearances rather than trophies, then you know there is a problem. True, Mourinho delivered us from the clutches of Lyon but that was just about the best he could do.

We signed him from Inter Milan to replicate their success and not have us qualify for semi-finals with a star-studded team. Should I also mention our horrible style of play under Mourinho?

Horrible Style? Maybe 1st season in Barca Matches. Some Real Madrid plays were breathtaking. Mourinho did not win Champions league but he was no failure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by purplekayc(m): 6:56pm On Aug 24, 2017
Spurs would be lucky yo make second round
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Lekayleke: 6:56pm On Aug 24, 2017
And I was looking for Arsenal not knowing DAT itz Champions League football.... Mtchew
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by rafabenitez: 6:56pm On Aug 24, 2017
I heard the CEO of Bayern munich,karl heinze rummenigge asking uefa president why arsenal is not in their group.Pls y is arsenal not in their group?anyone?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Edopesin: 6:56pm On Aug 24, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
Barcelona has many haters, so i am not suprise, neymar is history now, we dnt care about him. "but one thing is clear, Barcelona remain a force in the world.

seconded!

just because barca is currently nt at their peak doesn't mean they can't advance into the finals later on

3 Likes

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Kylekent59: 6:57pm On Aug 24, 2017
Real madrid,bayern Munich, chelsea, juventus.
Among these teams comes out the winner.

Who is that fool telling me to add barca??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by cstr1000: 6:57pm On Aug 24, 2017
Damitism:
May God bless you. I don't know who told Barca we are after money. After taking Suarez from us, they want to take Countinho too. They should just come and kill us then.
Liverpool should not sell at any price. Coutinho has a very long contract so the ball is not in his court.
These spanish clubs are used to getting their way using unscrupulous means.
They built their recent European dominance using players from the premier league and weakening the English.
Imagine if Ronaldo, suarez, fabregas,modric, alonso e.t.c, and co had stayed in England.
The likes of Real madrid and Barcelona would be nothing more than a paper tiger.

3 Likes

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 24, 2017
Sanchez01:

Most of them started watching football when Barcelona started beating Real Madrid in 2009. Guardiola can't even come out to say he laid the foundation for the team.

Ironically, he met a talented La Masia side and ended up dispersing them for no reason. He signed Henry, Ibrahimovic and sent Deco and Hleb into oblivion. By the time he was done with the club, La Masia talents like Borjan, Eto'o, Yaya Toure, Abidal and even the players he signed were shamefully and unceremoniously sent out of the club.

He signed handedly turned Barcelona's culture of raising talents into signing big names while the Barcelona board never stopped criticising Real Madrid for unnecessary big signings. Today, he is still in the habit of big signings with little or no results.

He doesn't have the structure. God is ctaching even Barca now, Rykard that laid the foundation of that team, developed the youth academy and brought Barca back up was treated like a tout...it's the beginning of a decline that will last a while and if the likes of Valencia and Altetico can build momentum, we can expect more problems.
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by wristbangle: 6:58pm On Aug 24, 2017
MrKong:

What ex players?...you mean those ones who couldn't make it at Anfield and had to be shipped out?...they obviously hold a grudge and their opinion is irrelevant anyway. FSG wouldn't sell and they've released a statement that Coutinho isn't for sale at any price. But Barcelona won't concede, they keep feeding their local news with lies to unsettle the player which has not been working anyway. To add insult to injury, they bid a ridiculous 16mil each year for 5yrs to take one of the best players (note: Mane is the best Liverpool player) of a club and ontop that they even add a deadline.

It's like proposing to a girl who isn't ready for marriage, you went ahead and propose anyway and she rejects you...only for you to get up and say, eh you have until Sunday to accept my proposal. That's just insanity, Barca board are insane and they are overseeing the end of a once truly great team. Look at that Barcelona team, full of dead wood players no team would take, that's why nobody has bought their unwanted players

Neymar jumped ship
Messi hasn't signed
Iniesta says for the first time he's thinking about his career
PSG won't sell Di Maria and are about to peep you to the signing of the only realistic signing Barcelona has this transfer window, Seri
Dortmund won't sell
Liverpool won't sell, obviously

You are really and truly fncked!

Dembele deal is a done deal and the clueless board have realised their mistake as they have up to 5 new players in the academy. Bartomeu is a corrupt leader and the earlier the better the owner of barca relieve him of his duties. I mean how can they buy a worthless player like paulinho for €40m when seri asking price is €35m

Truly we have an aged squad but saying the squad is finished is far cry from reality.

Well as for coutinho, he is ready to come but LFC are too stubborn to sell.
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Edopesin: 6:58pm On Aug 24, 2017
Lekayleke:
And I was looking for Arsenal not knowing DAT itz Champions League football.... Mtchew

take heart

enjoy community shield tongue
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by ekensi01: 6:58pm On Aug 24, 2017
FemiEddy:
Proud Madridsta, bring on anybody, we finish Dem, we are collecting it bak to bak to bak!!! Hala Madrid!!!
Make madrid carry am make we see.
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Sanchez01: 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2017
dabossman:

Ah, now I see your angst. You are a Madrid fan. Madrid fans will always be bitter towards Mourinho and his Bernabau reign, so no point having this discussion.

But you can never deny the fact that he brought you guys out of a long draught of hopelessness. Tell me you didn't celebrate when you got to those semifinals.
You must be an Arsenal fan to think a club as prestigious as Real Madrid would go on celebrating in the streets for making the Semi finals.

Fabio Capello wọn the La Liga for Real in 2006 but his head was never spared. Why? Because he failed at the European level.

Bernd Schuster, Juande Ramos, Manuel Pellegrini, Carlo Ancelotti and even Mourinho would have been spared and overlooked if we were a club who doesn't prioritise European trophies.

By the way, may I ask how you arrived at the fallacious claim about Madrid fans not liking Mourinho?
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by kayus4live(m): 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
Dembele is confirm, i still feel coutinho will still come to barca, we are set to drop a fourth bid. "even some of their past players have advice liverpool to let coutinho go. "no other club will get coutinho 4 even 80 million again, if they dnt take barca's offer.

We will surely release coutinho for you so far you will also release messi for us too, let's exchange
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Edopesin: 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2017
Balkan:
Please how did Man U qualify?

europa league winners
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by cstr1000: 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2017
Imagine Pique publicly stating that coutinho is doing all he can to push a move through.
Fucck barcelona. angry I hope PSG wrecks them.
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 24, 2017
Edopesin:

i stand with the fact that in 2011 man u failed to qualify from the group stages that include basel, benfica cheesy

I stand with the fact that this happened in Moscow cheesy

#ThankYouJohnTerry

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Edopesin: 7:03pm On Aug 24, 2017
cstr1000:
Imagine Pique publicly stating that coutinho is doing all he can to push a move through.
Fucck barcelona. angry I hope PSG wrecks them.

come on shut up!!! sad mtceew man u / real madrid fans saying rubbish upandan
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by kingsleysmile99: 7:03pm On Aug 24, 2017
nice one for Man united ,we will surely get the cup.up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up Man U
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by FemiEddy(m): 7:03pm On Aug 24, 2017
ekensi01:
Make madrid carry am make we see.
Are u an Arsenal Fan
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by openmine(m): 7:03pm On Aug 24, 2017
wristbangle:

Would coutinho still come to barca with the new bid of £135
Liverpool have just rejected the 135million and have also warned barca that coutinho is not for sale even for 150 million!!
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by cstr1000: 7:03pm On Aug 24, 2017
kayus4live:

We will surely release coutinho for you so far you will also release messi for us too, let's exchange
Messi is 30 years old. Swapping for the very young coutinho is not a good deal for liverpool.
Messi + 70 million pounds for coutinho. If not, tell them to piss off.
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Sanchez01: 7:03pm On Aug 24, 2017
P0intBlank:

Horrible Style? Maybe 1st season in Barca Matches. Some Real Madrid plays were breathtaking. Mourinho did not win Champions league but he was no failure.
Define breathtaking? Perhaps you mean poking opponents in the eyes and grabbing them by their throat when dribbled?

Should we also talk about the many controversial attacks Pepe, Ramos Alonso and co started exhibiting under Mourinho?

I honestly don't understand how some of us interprete football.
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by cstr1000: 7:05pm On Aug 24, 2017
Edopesin:

come on shut up!!! sad mtceew man u / real madrid fans saying rubbish upandan
I am a chelsea fan.
I don't like liverpool at all sef, but barcelona is a cancer to football.
And screw you for telling your father to shut up.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Edopesin: 7:08pm On Aug 24, 2017
EasyWork001:

I stand with the fact that this happened in Moscow cheesy

#ThankYouJohnTerry

grin grin grin grin grin

so what! it happened in moscow all of man u's group games in 2011 happened in ancient trafford abi undecided
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by aragonchuks(m): 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2017
Chelsea will still top that group....quote me anywhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Godstraight(m): 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2017
EasyWork001:

If you're a Chelsea, arsenal, man city, Liverpool or tottenham fan, your team has not achieved up to half of what man utd have in the UCL.

Facts.
Liverpool has 5 champions league,your fading club has 3

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Roma Vs Barcelona UCL (3 - 0) On 10th April 2018 / Liverpool vs Chelsea: UEFA Super Cup (2(5) - (4) 2) On 14th August 2019 / Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.