Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Questions About Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions About Islam (1643 Views)

Bill Wiese: 'I Died & Went To Hell' (23 Questions About Hell) / WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM / 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions About Islam by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 23, 2017
Can someone please tell me where exactly Islam and the so called prophet Muhammad comes from,,,,, am really confused because Islam is all about killings,,,a lot of things have gone wrong in the world because of Islam
Re: Questions About Islam by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 23, 2017
It is said that when the farmer had finished planting his good crops, the devil came down in the middle of the night to plant thorns and weed.
There is a reason why one religion is a thorn in the flesh of the world today.
There is a reason why we will continue to see senseless killings and terrorism.
Re: Questions About Islam by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 23, 2017
princecharles100:
Can someone please tell me where exactly Islam and the so called prophet Muhammad comes from,,,,, am really confused because Islam is all about killings,,,a lot of things have gone wrong in the world because of Islam

You really have a lot to say for someone asking a question, and where did you get the notion that Islam is all about killing? undecided
Re: Questions About Islam by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 23, 2017
darknez:

You really have a lot to say for someone asking a question, and where did you get the notion that Islam is all about killing? undecided
good question.
Re: Questions About Islam by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 23, 2017
rafhell:
It is said that when the farmer had finished planting his good crops, the devil came down in the middle of the night to plant thorns and weed.
There is a reason why one religion is a thorn in the flesh of the world today.
There is a reason why we will continue to see senseless killings and terrorism.
From christian perspective:this is true.
Re: Questions About Islam by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 24, 2017
darknez:

oh,, you can't tell me that you don't hear what happening around the world especially this past week when a Muslim fanatic killed fifteen people in Spain,,, or what is happening in Afghanistan,, Syria,, Pakistan and other countries,,, , killings in the name of prophet MuhamMAD
Re: Questions About Islam by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 24, 2017
princecharles100:
oh,, you can't tell me that you don't hear what happening around the world especially this past week when a Muslim fanatic killed fifteen people in Spain,,, or what is happening in Afghanistan,, Syria,, Pakistan and other countries,,, , killings in the name of prophet MuhamMAD

Hehehehehehe...

Oh that's where you got it from? Lol! Very funny mehn.

I have equally noticed another trend about some Nigerians going out to traffic drugs, does that mean every Nigerian is a drug trafficker or that Nigeria promotes drug trafficking?

If you say a Religion is about killing just because some of it's members kill in the name of their God, then we can equally say, since some people killed in the name of Yahweh in the past, the Christians too were terrorists.

In any event, that analogy doesn't follow because you can't possibly define a Religion by the practice of some of it's adherent. We've had people do terrible things because they believe they do it in the name of whatever God, but that doesn't shouldn't define the Religion as a whole.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Islam by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 24, 2017
darknez:

Hehehehehehe...

I have equally noticed another trend about some Nigerians going out to traffic drugs, does that mean every Nigerian is a drug trafficker or that Nigeria promotes drug trafficking?

If you say a Religion is about killing just because some of it's members kill in the name of their God, then we can equally say, since some people killed in the name of Yahweh in the past, the Christians too were terrorists.

In any event, that analogy doesn't follow because you can't possibly define a Religion by the practice of some of it's adherent. We've had people do terrible things because they believe they do it in the name of whatever God, but that doesn't shouldn't define the Religion as a whole.
Brilliant!You have said it all.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Islam by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 24, 2017
tundexweb:

Brilliant!You have said it all.
There is absolutely nothing Brilliant in his comments,,, is really frustrating that some people like you support Evil
Re: Questions About Islam by MightySparrow: 3:22pm On Aug 24, 2017
darknez:

It was started by killing spread by killing, so much killing going on in Islam dominated places of the world. One would think the Middle East is the devil's headquarters. What more?
Re: Questions About Islam by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 24, 2017
MightySparrow:

It was started by killing spread by killing, so much killing going on in Islam dominated places of the world. One would think the Middle East is the devil's headquarters. What more?

Well Islam is not the only religion that thrived in the early stages through wars. There is a marked difference between killing when one is at war and killing at a time that can be described as 'peaceful'.

However, from the available records the major first battle fought by Muslims was not started by them. They simply responded to the aggressor. Find time to read about it.
Re: Questions About Islam by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 24, 2017
princecharles100:
There is absolutely nothing Brilliant in his comments,,, is really frustrating that some people like you support Evil
Point of correction ma/sir,I do not support evil(I am not that type of person),me commenting about the post being brilliant doesn't mean that I support evil,I only subscribe to the analogy of the post,ok?
Re: Questions About Islam by MightySparrow: 3:25am On Aug 25, 2017
darknez:

Well Islam is not the only religion that thrived in the early stages through wars. There is a marked difference between killing when one is at war and killing at a time that can be described as 'peaceful'.

However, from the available records the major first battle fought by Muslims was not started by them. They simply responded to the aggressor. Find time to read about it.

Who started Jihad in Nigeria? Christians or traditional worshippers? The AL -- Shabab, Al - Qaeda, Tuareg Fighters, Sunnis and Shii's lifelong bloody beginning and ongoing battles. Christians, Hindus Buddhists started them?
If you're a true Muslim you know that you are still expecting Alfa Mahdi. A warlord, your own form of Messiah to rule the world by conquest. So?
Re: Questions About Islam by Nobody: 4:01am On Aug 25, 2017
MightySparrow:

Who started Jihad in Nigeria? Christians or traditional worshippers? The AL -- Shabab, Al - Qaeda, Tuareg Fighters, Sunnis and Shii's lifelong bloody beginning and ongoing battles. Christians, Hindus Buddhists started them?
If you're a true Muslim you know that you are still expecting Alfa Mahdi. A warlord, your own form of Messiah to rule the world by conquest. So?

You all are still revolving around the same argument. See below:

Argument A:

Mr Ismail is a Muslim,
Mr Ismail uses the name of Allah to foster terrorism,
Hence, all Muslims are terrorist.

Argument B:

Mr Tunde is a Muslim,
Mr Tunde uses the name of Islam to foster peace,
Therefore, all Muslims are peace loving.

Argument C:

Mr Dave is a white man
Mr Dave pushes the KKK agenda through violence
Therefore all white men are violent KKK members.

All the argument above are fallacious and as such, they are not valid. Similarly your arguments are also fallacious and invalid.
Re: Questions About Islam by MightySparrow: 4:50am On Aug 25, 2017
darknez:

Argument A:

Mr Ismail is a Muslim,

Argument B:

Mr Tunde is a Muslim,

Argument C:

Mr Dave is a white man

All the argument above are fallacious and as such, they are not valid. Similarly your argum 00S sents are also fallacious and invalid.

A and B are factually correct. If you're tunde a Muslim or Ismail a Muslim and my neighbour, I may not sleep with my eyes closed. This my experience here in the northern Nigeria. The double tongue Muslims preaching peace on one hand doing jihad in another is a shouting at testimony. Might be you are a Yoruba Muslim not out of your domain yet. You can theorize. With me once a victim of Islamic violence, no coloured words can say erase experience. Truth be told old Islam is not from a merciful God because their adherents are intrinsically merciless
Re: Questions About Islam by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 25, 2017
MightySparrow:

A and B are factually correct. If you're tunde a Muslim or Ismail a Muslim and my neighbour, I may not sleep with my eyes closed. This my experience here in the northern Nigeria. The double tongue Muslims preaching peace on one hand doing jihad in another is a shouting at testimony. Might be you are a Yoruba Muslim not out of your domain yet. You can theorize. With me once a victim of Islamic violence, no coloured words can say erase experience. Truth be told old Islam is not from a merciful God because their adherents are intrinsically merciless

Three things:

1) Your conclusion is a classic case of the fallacy of hasty generalisation. It's inappropriate to apply your limited case to every Muslim.

2) You presume that I am a Muslim. That's a bit of a stretch. I didn't say I am one.

3) I lost a family member to Bokoharam but that still does not make me think every Muslim is like them, nor does it convince me that Islam is about terrorism.
Re: Questions About Islam by 701ecilana: 8:22am On Aug 25, 2017
darknez:

Oh, We see it's antecedence everywhere. Outside killing what has islam contributed to the advancement of the modern world?

1 Like

Re: Questions About Islam by 701ecilana: 8:44am On Aug 25, 2017
darknez:

Hehehehehehe...

Nigerians going to Traffick drugs is not in the Nigerian Constitution, but what Muslims do is in their koran. MuhamMad told them to do if not, there are not good Muslims and won't enter paradise.
Re: Questions About Islam by MightySparrow: 10:02am On Aug 25, 2017
darknez:

Three things:

1) Your conclusion is a classic case of the fallacy of hasty generalisation. It's inappropriate to apply your limited case to every Muslim.

2) You presume that I am a Muslim. That's a bit of a stretch. I didn't say I am one.

3) I lost a family member to Bokoharam but that still does not make me think every Muslim is like them, nor does it convince me that Islam is about terrorism.

I am entitled to my opinion drawn from history and experience. Whilst you are not in position to verify my experience but have attessted to the fact that you lost a dear one to Boko Haram, the foot soldiers of Islamic force of Nigeria. You have not refuted the fact that the subjugation of the northern Nigeria through Islamic jihadist campaign in which many families destroyed, towns sacked, tribes destabilized or wiped out. Definitely these bloody campaign were not carried out by innocent traditional worshippers or Christians but blood maniac, Mohammedians. True be told take Islam out of the world today, peace will reign. The peace problems of the world today is majorly caused by Islam. Since WW2 no known European nations have had many wars like Islamic nations who cannot manage peace among themselves. Friend, Islam has problem of peace and should not talk of it as a religion of peace.
Re: Questions About Islam by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 25, 2017
MightySparrow:

I am entitled to my opinion drawn from history and experience. Whilst you are not in position to verify my experience but have attessted to the fact that you lost a dear one to Boko Haram, the foot soldiers of Islamic force of Nigeria. You have not refuted the fact that the subjugation of the northern Nigeria through Islamic jihadist campaign in which many families destroyed, towns sacked, tribes destabilized or wiped out. Definitely these bloody campaign were not carried out by innocent traditional worshippers or Christians but blood maniac, Mohammedians. True be told take Islam out of the world today, peace will reign. The peace problems of the world today is majorly caused by Islam. Since WW2 no known European nations have had many wars like Islamic nations who cannot manage peace among themselves. Friend, Islam has problem of peace and should not talk of it as a religion of peace.

Actually, it's enough to show that your argument is fallacious, hence invalid.
Re: Questions About Islam by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 25, 2017
701ecilana:

Nigerians going to Traffick drugs is not in the Nigerian Constitution, but what Muslims do is in their koran. MuhamMad told them to do if not, there are not good Muslims and won't enter paradise.

The Nigerian bit, I agree with you there but what about the Christian Bible? Particularly some parts of the old testament? Despite that, I don't see anyone accusing Christianity/Judaism of being only about terrorism. Why so?

1 Like

Re: Questions About Islam by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 25, 2017
701ecilana:

Oh, We see it's antecedence everywhere. Outside killing what has islam contributed to the advancement of the modern world?

Go read about their contributions to various fields e.g Mathematics, Medicine etc.
Re: Questions About Islam by jtigwell0: 4:43pm On Aug 25, 2017
Am considering islam for the past 2 months, due to some circumstances.. will be done with my research on it...

2 Likes

Re: Questions About Islam by lagostokd: 5:00pm On Aug 25, 2017
darknez:

Argument A:

Mr Ismail is a Muslim,

Argument B:

Mr Tunde is a Muslim,

Argument C:

Mr Dave is a white man

All the argument above are fallacious and as such, they are not valid. Similarly your arguments are also fallacious and invalid.

Muslims need to start being proud of their calling... to kill, to steal, and to destroy.

Stop pretending!

Islam's mission is no more a secret; so stop pretending.

Killing non-Muslims is a religious obligation expected of all faithful Muslims.

If you're a Muslim and sincerely not in agreement with the above, then STOP being a Muslim!

1 Like

Re: Questions About Islam by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 25, 2017
lagostokd:

Muslims need to start being proud of their calling... to kill, to steal, and to destroy.

Stop pretending!

If you're a Muslim and sincerely not in agreement with the above, then STOP being a Muslim!

Wow thanks for your comments,,, just like what the Bible said,,, they job is to kill,, steal and destroy,,, is really frustrating that people will know the truth and will not say is out
Re: Questions About Islam by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 25, 2017
lagostokd:

Stop pretending!

Lol.

More sentiments.
Re: Questions About Islam by 701ecilana: 7:12pm On Aug 25, 2017
darknez:

Go read about their contributions to various fields e.g Mathematics, Medicine etc.
Hahahahahahahaha. Those Men where Arabs not Muslims. Before Islam conquered those areas those people human beings with brains, when Islam took over the people died and become the Army of the dead.

Since Islam conquered those lands, what have they achieved. Remember not every Arab is a Moslem
Re: Questions About Islam by 701ecilana: 7:15pm On Aug 25, 2017
darknez:

The Nigerian bit, I agree with you there but what about the Christian Bible? Particularly some parts of the old testament? Despite that, I don't see anyone accusing Christianity/Judaism of being only about terrorism. Why so?
Mention the Nations Christianity and Judaism is terrorizing today.

The Bible is still there right? How many Christians or Jews are wearing Bombs and killing people pointing to the Bible as their Bases?
Re: Questions About Islam by MightySparrow: 7:39pm On Aug 25, 2017
darknez:

Actually, it's enough to show that your argument is fallacious, hjence invalid.
..You are just sentimental about issues. I wouldn't blame you. Religion Sims a terrible thing casting a veil on the face of a wise person. Going through some portion of Quran, just to know the philosophy behind killings, O discovered that Islam is more of of a curse to humanity than blessing.
Re: Questions About Islam by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 25, 2017
701ecilana:

Mention the Nations Christianity and Judaism is terrorizing today.

The Bible is still there right? How many Christians or Jews are wearing Bombs and killing people pointing to the Bible as their Bases?

Now you shift the goal post because even in the bible we see passages where people were killed in God's name.

Your initial argument was based on the Quran, now you shift ground to what SOME Muslims do in practice today.

In any event, go and read about the activities of The National Liberation Front of Tripura, a terrorist group who is affiliated to Christianity or so they claim.

Even with examples like the above, I still do not see anyone say Christianity is all about terrorism. SMH!!!
Re: Questions About Islam by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 25, 2017
MightySparrow:
..You are just sentimental about issues. I wouldn't blame you. Religion Sims a terrible thing casting a veil on the face of a wise person. Going through some portion of Quran, just to know the philosophy behind killings, O discovered that Islam is more of of a curse to humanity than blessing.

Go back and read both our posts...this time a bit more slowly...and verify whose arguments is based on emotions.
Re: Questions About Islam by lagostokd: 9:17pm On Aug 25, 2017
princecharles100:
Wow thanks for your comments,,, just like what the Bible said,,, they job is to kill,, steal and destroy,,, is really frustrating that people will know the truth and will not say is out

It will really be a good thing for them to stop pretending...

Truths about Islam use to be highly secretive but not anymore! This is 21st century where information is free

Everybody now know the motive and ideology of Islam... to steal, to kill, and to destroy

Muslims should stop pretending, we can no longer be deceived!

If you're a Muslim and hates violence, then STOP being a Muslim...

Very simple!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Desire To Make Heaven, JESUS Christ Is The Only Option. / Is The Bible Genuine At All? / The Widow's Offering....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.