Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,255 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

5 Ways You Make Yourself Easily Used By People - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Ways You Make Yourself Easily Used By People (775 Views)

Updates: New Formats Used By Yahoo Boys / 25 "Fake" Excuses You Make Every Day / How I Got Robbed Today By People I Tried Helping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways You Make Yourself Easily Used By People by Rapmoney(m): 7:39am On Aug 23, 2017
5 Ways You Make Yourself Easily Used By People

Life has greatly taught me how to be a realist. Through many true-life experiences, I have come to understand that the slightest opportunity you give to most people, enables them to use you, use you and use you over and over again till you become equal to nothing but a filthy rag! They will most likely discard you like an empty sachet when the time comes. All you need to do is to grant them the opportunity to do so and it will be done. Below are 5 ways you make yourself easily used by people:

1) BEING TOO LOYAL TO PEOPLE: It's not generally bad to be loyal to someone but whether one should be loyal or not is clearly relative. What this means is that one should be able to know when to be loyal, when to stop being loyal and who to be loyal to. After my youth service in 2008, I got a job as the personal assistant to a large business owner. At first, my job was purely an administrative one. Gradually, I saw myself carrying out other duties that were not part of my job description because my boss wanted it that way and I made it very easy for him to use me by being 'the loyal one'. I became a driver, an errand boy and even a car washer! It would have been left for me to grind tomatoes for the family's maid or wash the wife's undies. I would leave my house as early as 5:30 am and close late in the night, getting home tired and disorganised! While all these happened, my financial status didn't change but every now and then, the man I was working for was moving his family from Nigeria to different countries and back on lavish vacations. I had to retrace my steps; he was visibly angry but I took a bold stand by confronting him politely with my initial job description as contained in my employment letter. That's what I mean. Give people room by being too loyal and they will use you! Be loyal to only people who add value to your life. Loyalty is like respect, it is earned. It can never be commanded.

2) TRYING TO FIT INTO THE LIFESTYLES OF OTHERS: By doing this, you will only end up subjecting yourself as a slave to the level of people's mentality, no matter how poor their power of rational reasoning may be. Life experiences have taught me that a man with a clear destination doesn't shake hands with everyone he meets on the way. Recognize people whose lifestyles contradict the plans you are trying to make to attain success in life, lest you are consumed and lost. Trying to fit into the lifestyles of others makes you prone to being used and controlled by them. Such people could be your friends, colleagues, girlfriend, boyfriend, etc.

3) TRYING TO PLEASE EVERYONE AROUND YOU: Humans can never be satisfied; it's the gospel truth. Learn not to oblige every request that comes to you. Have you seen a huge failure that will be used over and over again? That's the one who tries to please everyone. There's a common believe among most of us that whoever that's fond of compromising his/her wishes just to please us is our slave. Be generous but know when to draw the line between generosity and pure foolishness. I've grown to a stage where I usually don't give a hoot when people unnecessarily become offended in things that concern my own life.

4) UNDER-PRICING YOURSELF: There's a big difference between confidence and pride. Many of us have allowed simple confidence elude us all because we don't want to be seen as proud. No matter what your situation may be, always show confidence in yourself; I mean, even if all you have in your wardrobe is a pair of sneakers, 2 shirts and a jeans. If you worth 1million inward and you present yourself as one who worths just N5 to the world, people will still price you below that! While some will want you for free, there are even others who want you to pay them while they have your service or offer for free. As a slave is used, so you are in that human relationship where you've underpriced yourself. A goat doesn't need a ladder to climb the roof of a fallen house.

5) LIVING WITH NO STANDARDS OR DISCIPLINE: People tend to respect you more when they know you are disciplined and have standards you have set for yourself. Better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you are not. If you must compromise standards and discipline, it should be for something that worths it. Have you noticed that kids who are growing up in homes without standards and discipline tend to behave badly? They frequently abuse privileges including their parents because they are much aware of the lapses that exist.

Your life is much more important to you than anyone else. Take the driver's seat in your life today and stop allowing others drive your life for you.

Good morning everyone!

Check my articles and posts on:

www.warriparrot.livejournal.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways You Make Yourself Easily Used By People by taylor88(m): 7:51am On Aug 23, 2017
in other words

being good doesn't pay
Re: 5 Ways You Make Yourself Easily Used By People by Rapmoney(m): 8:05am On Aug 23, 2017
taylor88:
in other words

being good doesn't pay
This post doesn't say so.
Re: 5 Ways You Make Yourself Easily Used By People by taylor88(m): 8:05am On Aug 23, 2017
Rapmoney:
This post doesn't say so.

and that's my conclusion
Re: 5 Ways You Make Yourself Easily Used By People by xpac01(m): 8:09am On Aug 23, 2017
taylor88:
in other words

being good doesn't pay

Being good pays but being Nice does not.
Re: 5 Ways You Make Yourself Easily Used By People by xpac01(m): 8:19am On Aug 23, 2017
Nice piece bro.
No. 5 was what I discovered lately and it has earned lots of respect from people I never expected one from.

Some time ago I talk just because I feel like making people laugh and like me for it. In all ramifications that was not real me.

But now I talk only when I want to.
I laugh only when it's funny.
I frown at you when you're wrong no matter the age or class.
And so on.

Now I see people view about me changing for a very responsible young man.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways You Make Yourself Easily Used By People by xpac01(m): 8:22am On Aug 23, 2017
Lalasticlala come and read something here please.
Re: 5 Ways You Make Yourself Easily Used By People by Rapmoney(m): 8:55am On Aug 23, 2017
xpac01:
Nice piece bro.
No. 5 was what I discovered lately and it has earned lots of respect from people I never expected one from.

Some time ago I talk just because I feel like making people laugh and like me for it. In all ramifications that was not real me.

And so on.

Yeah, I understand perfectly well. People take you how you take yourself.
Re: 5 Ways You Make Yourself Easily Used By People by futurerex: 2:30pm On Aug 23, 2017
taylor88:
in other words

being good doesn't pay
Too Much Of Everything Is Bad
Re: 5 Ways You Make Yourself Easily Used By People by room089: 7:45pm On Aug 23, 2017
A nice one bro!
Thanks for sharing
Re: 5 Ways You Make Yourself Easily Used By People by Cuddlebugie(f): 10:00pm On Aug 23, 2017
The summary of it all is; cut the nice girl/guy routine. It gets you nowhere. Stop being excessively nice, stop trying to make people like you. It's shitty and energy zapping. If there's something you want/deserve, by all means, go for it. Don't let it pass you by just because you'd rather be pleasant than be YOU.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways You Make Yourself Easily Used By People by DanielGb(m): 9:56am On Aug 25, 2017
xpac01:

Being good pays but being Nice does not.

How can you be good and not be nice?
Re: 5 Ways You Make Yourself Easily Used By People by DanielGb(m): 9:58am On Aug 25, 2017
xpac01:
Nice piece bro.

And so on.

Congratulation.
You've just succeeded in making yourself an Alpha Male.

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Year, Welcome To 2018!! / Nigeria is sitting on a Time Bomb! / Sirvick Comedy – Wise Mugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.