Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,778 members, 7,955,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:18 PM

Nigeria Still in Slavery, They are not Self Dependent-Aroms Aigbehi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Still in Slavery, They are not Self Dependent-Aroms Aigbehi (814 Views)

Vote And Remain In Slavery - Nnamdi Kanu Tells Igbo's / More Humiliation Like Dino Melaye To Occur, If We Don't Voice Out- Aroms Aigbehi / 9 Ways Nigerian Pastors And Politicians Brainwash Nigerians - Aroms Aigbehi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Still in Slavery, They are not Self Dependent-Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 9:57am On Aug 23, 2017
Why Nigerians Cannot Build A Nation.

At the moment not many people in Nigeria wants to build a nation. Not the politicians nor the citizens. They think so but the reality speaks another story. There are few people, just very few people who wants to do it.. The few gets trampled by the rest most of the time. The rest only talks about the problems and sometimes, put forward half baked solutions which they think would solve all problems in Nigeria.
When a call to action is made, no matter how small it is you will get 0.2% response. To give you an idea what that is in a population of 180,000,000 people, 0.2% is 360,000.
However, any call doesn't get to the 180 million. therefore, imagine you get to 100,000 persons, if you have a very emotional strong call to action to do something as little as help someone with N50 today or like or share a Facebook page you will have just 200 people responding to it. trust me I have carried out several experiments on this.
This number quickly drop to just 2-3 persons when you ask for a more serious commitment to do something especially, when it has no direct or immediate personal benefit, but possible future benefits. But we are not talking about protesting yet or something that serious.
Let me tell you how this happen:
Many people will first look at the name of the person making the call. If the person is a woman, most men will ignore the call. How can a women tell me what to do? Many women will also ignore the call because women can be hasher to a fellow woman than even men will do.
If it is a Yoruba man, the Igbos, Hausas and many other will ignore the call. How can a Yoruba man tell me what to do? Even as small as Edo State we have that as well. Most Bini people don't necessary feel the pain and the plight of an Esan man and vice versa. If you have Biafra tomorrow the Imo man will still fight the Anambra man. Personally, I cannot tell the difference.
Then If a Muslim makes the call, the Christian will ignore it and vise versa.
The highly educated will look at the titles of the person making the call, If he is not a Honorable, Dr, Pastor, Bishop etc. They will ignore the call. What gives him or her the right to make such a call?
By this time some people are still left in the race. Then the black mans mentality will kick in.
This man is BLACK, my brother so he must be lying and is trying to cheat me. So I am not going to join him. If it was a white man, Yes, then I will join. Even a Chinese or a Pakistani will do.
Finally, what can I get out of this call to action personally today? Nothing. So I am not going to do it.
If this is not going to help me now personally, why should I waste my time? Why should I risk my life? Why should I risk my money? My reputation and my dignity? So I just play it safe and go back to complaining, blame someone else and suffer the consequences.
This conscious and subconscious internal dialogue takes place in nano seconds in the mind of a Nigerian. Within a second he has already made up his mind not to support the call to action due to any of the above reasons.
The bottom line is, 99.8 percent of Nigerians are not ready yet to stand up and fight for their rights and build a nation. That is the reason the politicians are taking the country for a ride. People will often say something like "Do the politicians think we are fools". Yes they do. They say the proof is in the taste of the pudding or shall I say the Egusi soup. They know people will never come up to stand for the right thing, except they are induced. And once they gets it, no matter how small it is, they will do anything, including drink mud water from the street to proof their excitement.
So the next time when you are dreaming of a nation and wonder why the country is the way it is. Please remember it is because you have not stood up and take action. The is not the fault of the politicians alone or the leaders, It is the fault of the 99.9% of those that let them get away with it.
It is scientifically impossible and against the laws of the universe for a group of people who are like this to build a nation.
The Mindset must be severely adjusted.
I think I know what you are thinking now. "I am not one of the 99.8%". So prove it. Do something today. Take any action towards a nation building. If by the end of the day you didn't then you are one of the 99.8%.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=260669914439124&id=158338594672257

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Still in Slavery, They are not Self Dependent-Aroms Aigbehi by taylor88(m): 9:58am On Aug 23, 2017
joker

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Still in Slavery, They are not Self Dependent-Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 10:11am On Aug 23, 2017
cc:lalasticlala and mynd44 cc:maclatunji and mynd44
Re: Nigeria Still in Slavery, They are not Self Dependent-Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 10:11am On Aug 23, 2017
cc:lalasticlala and mynd44 cc:maclatunji and seun
Re: Nigeria Still in Slavery, They are not Self Dependent-Aroms Aigbehi by GMBuhari: 10:14am On Aug 23, 2017
Adieza:
cc:lalsticlala and myn44
cc:mclatunji and sun

Shoooo why you dey call am nah
Re: Nigeria Still in Slavery, They are not Self Dependent-Aroms Aigbehi by Donuu1: 10:24am On Aug 23, 2017
Who is this?
Re: Nigeria Still in Slavery, They are not Self Dependent-Aroms Aigbehi by Deji124(m): 10:31am On Aug 23, 2017
Are u the one to tell them mtcheew
Re: Nigeria Still in Slavery, They are not Self Dependent-Aroms Aigbehi by DocHMD: 10:32am On Aug 23, 2017
Title says 'Igbo cannot build".
Body says a different thing.
Buffoons will comment without reading first.

The name 'Igbo' drawing traffic since 12 B.C
grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Still in Slavery, They are not Self Dependent-Aroms Aigbehi by ZorGBUooeh: 10:46am On Aug 23, 2017
Hahaha! Ibos will be the most patrotic ad the most organized citizens when they run dia own nation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Still in Slavery, They are not Self Dependent-Aroms Aigbehi by ZorGBUooeh: 10:54am On Aug 23, 2017
DocHMD:
Title says 'Igbo cannot build".

Body says a different thing.

Buffoons will comment without reading first.

The name 'Igbo' drawing traffic since 12 B.C

grin
The name igbo dey draw all afonja population out of dem brown roof region..They are so obsessed with ibos..Dem no dey use ear hear anytin ibo related,Dem carry ibo matta for dem CONE HEADZ like gala cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Still in Slavery, They are not Self Dependent-Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 23, 2017
The op is a Buffon and should be arrested for hate speech. The topic is completely different from the body of the article. You all now use Igbo to draw attention to your silly posts abi?
Mods please modify the title or take down the post.
Mynd 44, lalasticlala
Re: Nigeria Still in Slavery, They are not Self Dependent-Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 11:44am On Aug 23, 2017
Am Sorry Guys For the Misleading Title
Re: Nigeria Still in Slavery, They are not Self Dependent-Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 23, 2017
We are only interested in alcohol and women
Re: Nigeria Still in Slavery, They are not Self Dependent-Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 23, 2017
ZorGBUooeh:
Hahaha! Ibos will be the most patrotic ad the most organized citizens when they run dia own nation.

Wrong
Go check some parts of where they live.
Re: Nigeria Still in Slavery, They are not Self Dependent-Aroms Aigbehi by ZorGBUooeh: 3:12pm On Aug 23, 2017
PUSH1:

Wrong
Go check some parts of where they live.
Av checked, I saw nothing..From the olden days to this day they live peacefully among themselves,especially with dia neighbors..But yorubas almost fought demselves to extinct during the olden days kiriji war.
Re: Nigeria Still in Slavery, They are not Self Dependent-Aroms Aigbehi by blackfase(m): 4:16pm On Aug 23, 2017
Adieza:
Am Sorry Guys For the Misleading Title

What you apologizing for? Your piece is spot on....
Re: Nigeria Still in Slavery, They are not Self Dependent-Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 5:59pm On Aug 23, 2017
blackfase:

What you apologizing for? Your piece is spot on....
Mods refused to push it to fp. kindly tag them.

(1) (Reply)

APC Begins Campaign For Buhari’s Second Term / Akeredolu Outlaws Govt Sponsorship Of Pilgrims / Buhari’s Govt Nursing Genocide Against Igbos, HURIWA Alerts Int’l Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.