Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Happily Ever After: A Work Of Fiction - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Happily Ever After: A Work Of Fiction (392 Views)

Looking For A Ghostwriter? I can generate 3/5k Words of Fiction daily. / Charlie - A Work Of Fiction. / The Work Of The Devil? A Short Story By Avatarmode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Happily Ever After: A Work Of Fiction by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 23, 2017
I was out with my friends; my husband at work and my children at school. We were having a nice time chatting and drinking wine and basically catching up on our lives. We had not gotten any time lately to hang out and it was glorious to do so. That is until the conversation turned to a sour note. Kike’s fiancée was cheating on her and she was torn up about it – they were not even married and he was already philandering.

All the girls had different things to say about the issue. What kind of man is that? You have to teach him a lesson. What kind of girl sleeps with a married man? After everything you’ve done for him without complaint? Didn’t you just cook for him the other day?

“You could just leave him” I said and they all turned to look at me like I had grown a second head

“If a man is cheating on you now, odds are he will continue to do so after you are married, so just save yourself the stress and end it now”

“That’s ironic coming from you. You that your husband has turned to his own personal slave” Kike spat at me and soon all of them turned on my case telling me how they really felt about my marriage and how it was belittling and unequal.

They talked about how I always cook and clean and take care of the children alone. I apparently stroke my husband’s ego a lot. I don’t make time for myself because I’m always at his beck and call. My mother-in-law is a crazy person and I don’t see it I just make her happy anytime she’s around.

All of them had a lot to say. Till now I didn’t know they felt that way about me. Apparently I’m singlehandedly sending the women’s movement back decades because people see me and think that is how things should be.

I held my tongue like I do for a lot of things. I was not going to listen to a bunch of people who only fight for women’s rights when it comes to marriage. Not the sickening child marriage or the number of girls in school or the women that sell their bodies or even those in the workplace that mistreat the women.

There are lots of different problems pertaining to women’s rights but these ones only cry feminism when it comes to how people carry themselves in their marriages. So what if I’m a housewife who cooks and cleans and takes care of my children, is it not my house? Are they not my children?

So I held back my tongue because these women don’t know everything. They don’t know how my husband is a loving and kind man. How we are soul mates who were made for each other. I do everything I do not because he’s a man and I’m a woman but because he is my husband and I love him. He seeks counsel with me before making any decisions and he helped me start trading my products that I farm in my garden because he has a lot of experience in marketing.

http://www.myvirtualorbit.com/happily-ever-work-fiction/

(1) (Reply)

The Long Walk / Let Go And Let God. / Are They Even Human

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.