Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

What You Need To Know About Cie(cambridge International A Levels) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What You Need To Know About Cie(cambridge International A Levels) (1714 Views)

Cambridge A Levels-cambridge Advance Level In Nigeria / Help Me Out With This Question On The Cambridge A Levels. / A Levels In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About Cie(cambridge International A Levels) by pabostt: 5:26pm On Aug 23, 2017
Cambridge International A level provides an avenue to secure an admission into 200 level in Nigerian institutions. In addition, thousands of learners worldwide gain places at leading universities every year with Cambridge International As & A levels.

Furthermore, it helps students who have failed to secure admission into their chosen institution and course of study easy access to the institution. Students battling with UTME can take this as a great opportunity to help them secure admission.

For instance, I have seen students that wanted to study medicine and surgery at the University of Ibadan but failed to secure the admission through JAMB. Therefore, they took the opportunity Cambridge Internal A level provides them to gain the admission into the University of Ibadan to study Medicine and Surgery.

Cambridge International A Level is typically a two-year course but in Nigeria, it has been crashed to a one-year course. They hold Cambridge International AS & A Level examination series twice a year, in June and November. Results are issued in August and January.

The Cambridge International A Level is reported on a graded scale from A* (highest) to E (minimum required performance). A* and A grade is 5 point, B grade is 4 point, C grade is 3 point, D grade is 2 point, and E grade is 1 point. For example, UI does take 15 – 16 points for Medicine and Surgery, all you have to do is to have AAA in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. If you want to study engineering courses, you have to have 14 – 16 points (A*A*A*/ AAA / AAB / ABB). It is also important that you have a good O level results (WASSCE, NECO, IGCSE O level) before you can start the course with any accredited centers in Nigeria...

What you need to know about Cambridge A level for securing admission into 200 level in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Cie(cambridge International A Levels) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 12, 2017
-Hello, I am a holder of a Cameroon GCE A-Level, with grades (A,A,B,C,D)(19pts) in 4 science subjects + French, and I've been told that only the Nigerian Cambridge A-Level is accepted for direct entry. (Is there a difference with the British one ? )
-And does it exist a possibility of finding a document cetrifying the equivalence between the two, and if yes, where to make a request for it ?
Thanks in Advance.
Re: What You Need To Know About Cie(cambridge International A Levels) by pabostt: 2:13pm On Sep 16, 2017
Bdkim237:
-Hello, I am a holder of a Cameroon GCE A-Level, with grades (A,A,B,C,D)(19pts) in 4 science subjects + French, and I've been told that only the Nigerian Cambridge A-Level is accepted for direct entry. (Is there a difference with the British one ? )
-And does it exist a possibility of finding a document cetrifying the equivalence between the two, and if yes, where to make a request for it ?
Thanks in Advance.

The Camridge A-level that is done in Nigeria is coordinated by Cambridge Internation Examination in UK (CIE). The syllabus, exams, results, certificate, etc. is from CIE. So I don't know if the same is true for the one you did in Cameroon.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Disadvantages Of Phds / To Join A Nigerian University Via Direct Entry / Sugar Daddies In Nigeria's Higher Institutions: How Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.