Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,489 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? (11278 Views)

Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? / Which Phone Can I Buy With 40k That's Not An MTK Device / TCS Mediatek(mtk) Frp Removal Tool Free Download Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by obongitiad(m): 8:42pm On Aug 23, 2017
Good day house,

Please I would like the phone geeks in the house to come voice their opinions here as to which of these two processors is better - MTK processors or Qualcomm's Snapdragon processors?

Which do you prefer, and why?

Which is better, and why?

MTK phones(eg Infinix, Innjoo, Tecno, etc) are generally cheaper in the market than their Qualcomm's Snapdragon counterpart (eg Samsung, Oneplus, Sony, etc), does that make them better, since the masses love them?

What is it about Qualcomm Snapdragon processors that makes their phones so expensive in the market, after all phone na phone na?

1 Like

Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by emeraldknytt(m): 8:54pm On Aug 23, 2017
If Qualcomm devices weren't so expensive, I bet a total mass of MTK'ers will join enqueue the snapdragon bandwagon... grin

21 Likes

Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by finnestdope(m): 8:55pm On Aug 23, 2017
Never compare the two. They are not mates.

Qualcomm is like a father to MTK.

MTK device are addicted to overheating and their processing speed can't be matched with Qualcomm Snapdragon

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by emeraldknytt(m): 9:02pm On Aug 23, 2017
finnestdope:
Never compare the two. They are not mates.

Qualcomm is like a father to MTK.

MTK device are addicted to overheating and their processing speed can't be matched with Qualcomm Snapdragon
Not all Boss. Overheating generally happens when a cluster of processor is pushed to its limits... Even a Snapdragon will overheat when over exerted. The only difference is; the limit for a typical MTK is lesser than its snapdragon counterpart.

Other reasons are, Bugs, Incompatible chargers, Relatively high charging speed, Malware.. Cetera cetera...

24 Likes

Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by dhsfbi(m): 9:09pm On Aug 23, 2017
Mtk get heat up when charging and on heavy task like browsing on 3G and 4G, playing games. But snapdragon will just get warm after long time of gaming.

Qualcomm snapdragon performance is also better than that of mtk devices.

I think the only thing mtk has over snapdragon is price.

That's my own conclusion Sha. Have used both mtk and Snapdragon versions of xiaomi phones.

4 Likes

Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by austinereds(m): 6:31am On Aug 24, 2017
dhsfbi:
Mtk get heat up when charging and on heavy task like browsing on 3G and 4G, playing games. But snapdragon will just get warm after long time of gaming.

Qualcomm snapdragon performance is also better than that of mtk devices.

I think the only thing mtk has over snapdragon is price.

That's my own conclusion Sha. Have used both mtk and Snapdragon versions of xiaomi phones.

what is the difference in xiaomi phones?

1 Like

Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by veekid(m): 7:12am On Aug 24, 2017
Qualcomm na baba now, the only reason why I like mtk be say, it's easy to tweak

4 Likes

Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by dreamworld: 7:13am On Aug 24, 2017
QuaLcomm
Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by GogetterMD(m): 7:13am On Aug 24, 2017
Comparing a cat and a lion undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by Readonee35L(m): 7:15am On Aug 24, 2017
Both Cpus Have their pros and cons.

MTK is now a big boy compared to the days of MTK 6589 or 6592 the first set of quad core and octa cores.

MTK has really upgraded with cool new functions, reliability and efficiency
MTK is very easy to tweak and modify. Only issue I have with it and it might be bricked forever is you flash a wrong scatter file grin.

Qualcomm has been known for reliability and efficiency and it's still enjoying the glory till date. Qualcomm is good , but there are better substitute in the market with cheaper price and same performance from MTK.
Most premium brands are already using MTK.
E.g HTC and more will join soon.

This comparison is just like Intel AND Amd.

People say shìt about Amd, it overheats , it is slow, consumes power and all other bullshit.
If you ask them what Amd they used you'd discover it's the old school Amd Cpus from 2008-2012 the Amd vision, Amd Sempron or Amd phenom .
They were pretty reliable for their league but had overheating issues.

Let's talk about 2017.
Lots of Amd Cpus will trash out Intel Chipsets both in performance and stability.
Intel is always over priced and you can always get, The Amd equivalent of Intel I7 for half the price.
Amd Cpu combined with Nvidia Card.. will perform like an i7 with Nvidia.
Goto Amd website and checkout their successors.

Back to MTK.
It depends on budget.
But both Cpus are good. Qualcomm and Mtk
If MTK Cpu is installed in a good phone. And a good developer creates a good Rom or operating system. For it. You'd never notice any bug. And it will work perfectly like Qualcomm or Better.

Most MTK devices we use are created by quack Chinese developers who are building different rooms for different phones. They barely have time to even test the operating system. Hence the bugs

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by NCP: 7:15am On Aug 24, 2017
Qualcomm is the best.
Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by chinawapz(m): 7:16am On Aug 24, 2017
I dunno...
Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by bastien: 7:16am On Aug 24, 2017
Oga all this things no mara, weitin concern me with am, them dey use phone forever? Maximum of six months, I don change, whether na mtk, sandagron or qual, weitin go hot go hot ni

6 Likes

Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by mrgreen4real(m): 7:20am On Aug 24, 2017
All na weskolombo
Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by sakalisis(m): 7:22am On Aug 24, 2017
cool
Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by onward4life(m): 7:28am On Aug 24, 2017
Dnt even know what mkt or qualcom means though!

Pls some honest geek help a Brother mi out!
Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 24, 2017
It's an insult to compare mtk devices to Qualcomm devices

@OP Pls use Google and see for yourself you would get results faster

Simply type why Qualcomm versus mediatek and see the long list of advantages of Qualcomm

There is no single benefit of mediatek except it's cheap hence favored by Low standard phones

1 Like

Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by calberian: 7:30am On Aug 24, 2017
Oga Op, this is an unfair comparison nau.

Because of work wey my bbQ10 (MY 2013) dey do seamlessly, my Tecno w3 (MY 2016) dey restart upandan.

More seriously, why is my Tecno W3 refusing to save and download to memory card after changing the settings accordingly?
Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by xtivin(m): 7:31am On Aug 24, 2017
Not all MTK chips are wack, but qualcomm snap dragon has better processing features and support advance performance

1 Like

Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by Topmaike007(m): 7:32am On Aug 24, 2017
but let d truth be told,mtk give us high processor for a cheaper price,such as oukitel u13 dat pocess octa core,3gb ram selling for 38k,av nt seen any snapdragon device dat av quadcore processor for dat amount

1 Like

Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by ibawon(m): 7:33am On Aug 24, 2017
Look at it this way
Why are there more devices Qualcomm (Snapdragon) with Custom ROMS and very Less MTK Devices with Custom ROMS.
These guys MTK Phone manufacturers can't release their source Codes cause they know the chips can't really handle heavy modding..
It's just like comparing a Mercedes Benz to A Toyota, they are both good cars but when it comes to performance and Class you can tell.

2 Likes

Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by ORACLE1975(m): 7:37am On Aug 24, 2017
what's mmm
Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by wildchild02: 7:37am On Aug 24, 2017
lols are you kidding me right now?

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION.
Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by paradigmshift(m): 7:37am On Aug 24, 2017
recycling of topics
Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by jayriginal: 7:37am On Aug 24, 2017
People using the words geek and nerd like it's cute undecided
Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by mfm04622: 7:47am On Aug 24, 2017
bastien:
Oga all this things no mara, weitin concern me with am, them dey use phone forever? Maximum of six months, I don change, whether na mtk, sandagron or qual, weitin go hot go hot ni

Different strokes for different folks. I buy a good phone and use all my money from it. When I finish with a phone, na to throw away! My Z30 will be 4 years in December and am already checking for another phone, then downgrade the Z30 to side phone. My money never finish for him body but battery life is now poor
Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by Jayslyder: 7:52am On Aug 24, 2017
what's and MTK what's a dragon??abeg as far all say dem dey work normal wetinb my own
Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by jaytime(m): 8:00am On Aug 24, 2017
Qualcom's Snapdragon all the way. That's why Samsung phones are stronger than them Tecnos and Infinixes. Keke and Ferrari no be mates abeg.

1 Like

Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by Ademoore07(m): 8:00am On Aug 24, 2017
This post now now appears for the 3rd time on NL. What are these mods doing? undecided
Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by Miamibutch(m): 8:01am On Aug 24, 2017
MTK
Re: MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? by IdeyFindWife: 8:05am On Aug 24, 2017
Topmaike007:
but let d truth be told,mtk give us high processor for a cheaper price,such as oukitel u13 dat pocess octa core,3gb ram selling for 38k,av nt seen any snapdragon device dat av quadcore processor for dat amount

The same u13 oukitel has horrible reviews from Amazon to YouTube to Jumia and even Nairaland; just do the search and save urself the stress bro.

But, if you've already bought one and have a pleasant story. Then, please, do tell the house.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Browse The Internet With Little Or No Money Using AIRTEL And MTN / How To Backup Your Android Phone With Google Photos And Google Drive. / Nokia N82 The New Nseries Mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.