Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Proving The Truthfulness Of IFA Oracle According To The Christian Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proving The Truthfulness Of IFA Oracle According To The Christian Bible (2616 Views)

Ifa Oracle Against Use Of Human Parts To Make Wealth - Nigerian Traditionalists / Even If I'm Going To Believe In Christian Bible Stories. / Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proving The Truthfulness Of IFA Oracle According To The Christian Bible by vaxx: 9:42pm On Aug 23, 2017
Being a practitioner of an African tradition it’s inevitable to be asked for proof that that my belief system is valid. As if anybody’s spirituality can be, or even has to be, proven. And without doubt the people who ask for proof are Christians and that will ask for some biblical proof that my African tradition is indeed a legitimate spirituality.Recently I was asked to list scripture and verse that would prove Ifa is legitimate. I was taught that to question the Christian doctrine is to show a lack of faith which is a sin in god’s judgment. And the slightest trace of fickleness is enough to condemn a person, especially an impressionable young kid trying to take his spiritual development seriously. So it stands to reason that I’d have great difficulty finding the bible verse that says Ifa is the true faith and Christianity is not the way.Instead of wasting time trying to find such a bible verse, I asked for biblical proof that requires a non Christian to provide the Christian believer proof and I asked for nonbiblical proof that the bible is truly the word of god.My Christian questioner admitted that there is no biblical requirement that the non Christian believer prove their beliefs. Everyone is entitled to believe whatever they see fit. But my second query, the one asking about non biblical proof that the bible is the word of god, received a numberof bible verses as a response that would have made any Christian proud. The only problem is that a Christian already believesin the bible so it would be a moot point. I was asking for non-biblical proof that the bible is the word of god. If one already believes that the bible is the true word of god then it isn’t a problem to believe that everything written in it is the word of god. But on the other hand, if you are trying to convince someone who may be skeptical about the authenticity of the bible as god’sword then someone quoting scripture maynot actually be the best way to convince the nonbeliever.The way I understand it, the bible is a history book filled with excerpts from a number of writers. I would expect a historybook to be accurate. If its not then it is a work of fiction and we must ask ourselves why are we bothering to study it so much?There are other writers of ancient verses who have not been added to this list of bible authors. For example, the scripture according to Judas is not included in the bible. The same is true for the scripture according to Mary Magdalene. While it is a common belief that Judas betrayed Jesus and then ran off to kill him self as depictedin Matthew 27:5, the scripture according toJudas appears to be evidence that Judas not only survived the crucifixion of Jesus but wrote about the event from his own perspective. The fact that Judas had time to put pen to paper and spread his own verses should be one example of some of the human influence to manipulate scripture.

To add insult to injury the bible has gone through translations and through many interpretations and reinterpretations so that the accuracy of the original scripture may not be as correct and free of translators prejudice as it should be .

find if difficult to be inspired by a book written three thousand years ago about things that happened two thousand years ago. I would be much more impressed if the bible was making more timely prophesies.

And if the ability to predict prophesy is a factor for inclusion then why not added the gospel according to Nostradamus? Many people claim that Nostradamus predicted many events such as the collapse of the World Trade Center. But nobody is saying that Nostradamus is man of god and his writings should be added to the Christian bible. Therefore, I can only conclude that there is a specific and narrowly defined set of criteria of what's acceptable for inclusion.

for me, the bottom line is that there are many more authors with spiritually inspired writings that are not included in the bible than those who are included. I believe I would be severely limiting myself if I only accepted the writings of the bible as the only source for spiritual inspiration.

Back in Sunday school, I learned that the Christian god knows all. He is omniscient. But for some reason the bible is full of examples where god has to test the devotion of various bible characters. Genesis 22 tells the story of Abraham and Isaac where god wants to test Abraham’s devotion by telling him to sacrifice his son.

Coming from a god that is supposed to know all and a god that is supposed to love people and provide for people, this sounds seriously cruel. Imagine what you would feel, how you would feel, if god came to you and told you to murder your only son. Imagine how heavy that burden would feel. And then you discover god, who already knows your heart, wants to put you through unnecessary grief.

If god knows all why does he have to subject people to such cruel testing? Why is god so insecure that he requires such confirmation and assurances?In my own talks with god, I have found him to be anything but the insecure Supreme Being that I learned of in Sunday school so many years ago. The god that I have had the pleasure of communing with is quite comfortable in the knowledge of who he is and what he is. The god I know isn’t addicted to praise and prayer, especially not from anything as fickle and deceptive as the average human being. God isn’t about proving his sovereignty over anyone. That would be like somebody going around trying to prove to ants how sovereign he or she is. It’s truly not important for anybody to rule ants that are just trying to go about their day. By the same token it’s not important for the Supreme Being to rule over us.If someone believes in the Christian bible and that truly works for them then they are truly fortunate.

However, the conversation with god didn’t stop when that last period was made in the book of Revelations. I believe that spirituality continues to inspire us on a constant basis if we would just take the time to remove all distractions, sit still, and open our minds to it.

i find it difficult to develop spirituality when I allow myself to be relegated to the spirituality of the words in the bible written three thousand years ago and translated over the years into various languages by various mindsets. Those words are proof of somebody else’s spirituality put to paper in a totally different time. What does spirituality have to day about it
Re: Proving The Truthfulness Of IFA Oracle According To The Christian Bible by greatnaija01: 10:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
The brand of weed you are taking is really original..... twale. When common sense has been kidnapped wisdom will always be far.

GOD DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. HE IS SIMPLY WISDOM.
Re: Proving The Truthfulness Of IFA Oracle According To The Christian Bible by emmanuelzi(m): 10:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
What is your message in short.

1 Like

Re: Proving The Truthfulness Of IFA Oracle According To The Christian Bible by vaxx: 10:42pm On Aug 23, 2017
greatnaija01:
The brand of weed you are taking is really original..... twale. When common sense has been kidnapped wisdom will always be far.

GOD DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. HE IS SIMPLY WISDOM.

can you comprehend yourself. your bible god does not make sense. it simply wisdom. oduma
Re: Proving The Truthfulness Of IFA Oracle According To The Christian Bible by vaxx: 10:45pm On Aug 23, 2017
emmanuelzi:
What is your message in short.
bible isn't a yardstick to measure truthfulness.
Re: Proving The Truthfulness Of IFA Oracle According To The Christian Bible by malvisguy212: 11:05pm On Aug 24, 2017
vaxx:

bible isn't a yardstick to measure truthfulness.
you need a serious bible teaching .God in the Bible deliberately chose to reveal His Word through individuals who were inspired prophets and apostles, so that His Word would not only be conveyed to humanity correctly, and comprehensively but
would be communicated to their understanding and powers of comprehension as well.

prophet, kings , sharperd were commanded to write what they see. john was not commanded to understand the book of revelation, for example, when john use word like " I saw someone like " did it sound like he understand the vision ? he saw lion, the lion look like a man, a horse, a woman. john was only commanded to write what he see.

The Bible must be the invention either of good men or angels, bad men or devils, or of God. However, it was not written by good men, because good men would not tell lies by saying ‘Thus saith the Lord;’ it was not written by bad men because they would not write about doing good duty, while condemning sin,and themselves to hell; thus, it must be written by divine inspiration”
Re: Proving The Truthfulness Of IFA Oracle According To The Christian Bible by vaxx: 11:12pm On Aug 24, 2017
malvisguy212:
you need a serious bible teaching .God in the Bible deliberately chose to reveal His Word through individuals who were inspired prophets and apostles, so that His Word would not only be conveyed to humanity correctly, and comprehensively but
would be communicated to their understanding and powers of comprehension as well.

prophet, kings , sharperd were commanded to write what they see. john was not commanded to understand the book of revelation, for example, when john use word like " I saw someone like " did it sound like he understand the vision ? he saw lion, the lion look like a man, a horse, a woman. john was only commanded to write what he see.

The Bible must be the invention either of good men or angels, bad men or devils, or of God. However, it was not written by good men, because good men would not tell lies by saying ‘Thus saith the Lord;’ it was not written by bad men because they would not write about doing good duty, while condemning sin,and themselves to hell; thus, it must be written by divine inspiration”
good . it will be good you teach me. let start like this . what is the bible? can you proof the truthfulness of the bible outside bible quotation
Re: Proving The Truthfulness Of IFA Oracle According To The Christian Bible by malvisguy212: 11:36pm On Aug 24, 2017
vaxx:
good . it will be good you teach me. let start like this . what is the bible? can you proof the truthfulness of the bible outside bible quotation
1. Job 38:16 Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?
We didn’t “walk in search of the depth [of the sea] “the deepest part of the ocean, until 1875 when we discovered the deepest point on Earth, the Challenger Deep in the Marianas Trench (although we weren’t sure it was the deepest point until much later). We didn’t fully survey it until 1951. We didn’t actually “walk” in it until 1960! But how does this prove the existence of God? Simply the fact that in most ancient cultures, the ocean HAD no bottom! The Greek word abyss , used for the deep ocean, literally means “bottomless”! And 3500 years ago, only God could have known with such certainty that the ocean did in fact have a “depth”! In the same verse; Why would there be water pouring INTO the sea from underground – the sea is where water came from! And mankind for all his technological achievements didn’t discover underwater springs until 1949 – A.D.! Almost four millennium after Job was written! And even then, it wasn’t confirmed until 1960, and it wasn’t until 1979 that human beings first saw deep-sea springs with their own eyes!
2.Job 38:18 Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all.
Man didn’t measure the circumference (“breadth”) of the Earth with even remote accuracy until Eratosthenes did it in about 240 BC. But God knew exactly how large it was. For He sits “above the circle of it”.
4.Job 26:7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.
According to everyone before 570 BC, the Earth was flat. Even then, and for millennia afterwards, the Earth was held up by something. For the Greeks it was on the shoulders of the god Atlas. For the American-Indians it was supported on the back of a giant turtle. Other cultures believed it was on the back of a hog, water buffalo, snake, or elephant. These ideas had the delightful side-benefit of explaining earthquakes, since it logically follows the theory that if Earth was on an elephant’s back and the elephant itched, the Earth would move.
The idea of the Earth literally hanging on NOTHING – as in, an Earth in free-fall through space – was one that no ancient mind could have grasped. Newton’s famous “apple incident” gave us the first real clue as to how gravity operated to control bodies at great distances. But 3500 years ago? Only God could have known!
5.Job 38:25 Who hath divided a watercourse for the overflowing of waters, or a way for the lightning of thunder; As primitive man sought answers about the natural world, lightning became a part of his superstitions, his myths and his early religions.
Re: Proving The Truthfulness Of IFA Oracle According To The Christian Bible by vaxx: 11:46pm On Aug 24, 2017
malvisguy212:
1. Job 38:16 Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?
We didn’t “walk in search of the depth [of the sea] “the deepest part of the ocean, until 1875 when we discovered the deepest point on Earth, the Challenger Deep in the Marianas Trench (although we weren’t sure it was the deepest point until much later). We didn’t fully survey it until 1951. We didn’t actually “walk” in it until 1960! But how does this prove the existence of God? Simply the fact that in most ancient cultures, the ocean HAD no bottom! The Greek word abyss , used for the deep ocean, literally means “bottomless”! And 3500 years ago, only God could have known with such certainty that the ocean did in fact have a “depth”! In the same verse; Why would there be water pouring INTO the sea from underground – the sea is where water came from! And mankind for all his technological achievements didn’t discover underwater springs until 1949 – A.D.! Almost four millennium after Job was written! And even then, it wasn’t confirmed until 1960, and it wasn’t until 1979 that human beings first saw deep-sea springs with their own eyes!
2.Job 38:18 Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all.
Man didn’t measure the circumference (“breadth”) of the Earth with even remote accuracy until Eratosthenes did it in about 240 BC. But God knew exactly how large it was. For He sits “above the circle of it”.
4.Job 26:7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.
According to everyone before 570 BC, the Earth was flat. Even then, and for millennia afterwards, the Earth was held up by something. For the Greeks it was on the shoulders of the god Atlas. For the American-Indians it was supported on the back of a giant turtle. Other cultures believed it was on the back of a hog, water buffalo, snake, or elephant. These ideas had the delightful side-benefit of explaining earthquakes, since it logically follows the theory that if Earth was on an elephant’s back and the elephant itched, the Earth would move.
The idea of the Earth literally hanging on NOTHING – as in, an Earth in free-fall through space – was one that no ancient mind could have grasped. Newton’s famous “apple incident” gave us the first real clue as to how gravity operated to control bodies at great distances. But 3500 years ago? Only God could have known!
5.Job 38:25 Who hath divided a watercourse for the overflowing of waters, or a way for the lightning of thunder; As primitive man sought answers about the natural world, lightning became a part of his superstitions, his myths and his early religions.
I don't believe in those quotation. tell me the Bible is true arguing outside the scripture . what is the bible? pls stop wasting your time to argue with me using the Bible. it is irrelevant and unintelligent. infact illogical.
Re: Proving The Truthfulness Of IFA Oracle According To The Christian Bible by emmanuelzi(m): 10:01pm On Aug 25, 2017
What conscience does Oral tradition impart on you.
Re: Proving The Truthfulness Of IFA Oracle According To The Christian Bible by vaxx: 8:36am On Aug 26, 2017
emmanuelzi:
What conscience does Oral tradition impart on you.
well, all I know is that IFA teaches me one thing which is lost in your faith. self awareness. I am the pilot of my own plane every decision you made or fail to make triggered a course of action that forced the materialization of the reality (Experiences) We are all creators of our reality, and we do this without being aware that we are doing it. All it takes is perfect alignment of Spirit + Thought + Emotion.

i am aware when we attempt to consciously create our desired in reality most people fail. but the failure those not reflect a lack of capacity to create your reality. Whatever you desire of this life it is yours to have.

(1) (Reply)

New Video: Tim Godfrey Ft Travis Greene – Nara {free Video Download} / Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. / King David Of The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.