Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project (9902 Views)

OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD / Oil price rises as uncertainty over Nigeria elections, Venezuela tension mounts / Natural Gas Production Rise By 8% – NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by hentech911: 9:41am On Aug 24, 2017
dutchnorics:
I hope the community is benefitting from this project.

Yeah the community is enjoying free power supply.
Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by ashjay001(m): 9:51am On Aug 24, 2017
Kirigidi:

It should be we [Niger-Deltans] giving "Abuja" a defined percentage of our wealth and not the Federal Government taking our resources after which they give us a minute percentage in form of allocation. That is injustice! Why must every other region [NE, NW, NC, SW, SE] depend on Niger Delta resources for sustenance? The rest of Nigeria should go develop their own resources.

As much as I get ur reluctance, to wanting to share ur God given resources with hanger ons, I really dont think u getting a 100% of ur allocation to urself will bring any improvements!

Without oil, d SW was 1st among equals in progressive indices(cocoa board, tv station, UI), d North was foremost in agriculture(groundnut pyramids). Without oil, they could only have improved or progress forward!

Yet, u with 13% of ur oil, still cant get anything done!?

Seriously, I'm not trying to shame any tribe, just being objective!? Oil has been around for 40yrs, yet ur region cant even accommodate the headqtrs of IOCs?!
Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by kjhova(m): 10:00am On Aug 24, 2017
hatchy:
More earnings for the government but more poverty to the Niger Delta people.
Money earned from oil has oiled every part of the country except the owners of the resources. Lagos,Abuja and other cities were built with the money gotten from oil but the Niger delta as a whole is stricken by poverty with no roads,pipe borne water and good health facilities.

The injustice in this country will only be corrected by total restructuring where there will be total devolution of powers and resource control.

13% derivation earnings from FAAC collected by our oil producing states has run into trillions of Naira in the last 10 years.

Where is the money
Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 24, 2017
hentech911:

Yeah the community is enjoying free power supply.

That's not enough.these people are raking billions for Christ sake.
Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by jabolo(m): 10:33am On Aug 24, 2017
Truth234:

http://investorsking.com/nigerias-gas-production-rises-shell-completes-project/

Thanks for the heads-up, OP.

This piece of news is more significant than it appears on the face of it. That's a lot of gas entering the system so kudos to Shell (and the Community) for quietly going about it in the face of all the other distractions.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by jabolo(m): 10:39am On Aug 24, 2017
COMPAQ:
Unfortunately this won't have any impact on availability of gas for power generation as its going to the export market.

Wrong. It's for the domestic market since there are no immediate accompanying plans to boost export LNG capacity. In any case, the gas sector is being liberalized to eliminate (or reduce) the arbitrage between the two markets.

At this stage, we do need all the gas we can get for our own generation and don't you know it's a tragedy hearing that Lagos could be planning LNG imports for its embedded power project.
Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by Oildichotomy(m): 10:51am On Aug 24, 2017
dabossman:

Just because you are diversifying doesn't mean you should stop developing that which is in hand. Just saying.
Did you put the Nigerian situation into context with your statement?

Oil & Gas money comes so easy that it becomes a herculean task diversifying to other sectors. Isn't that so obvious the last 50 years already?

Until we scrap or probably soft-pedal on developments in that sector. We will end up deceiving ourselves about some hoax diversify.
That draconian measure is so needed for any headway.. #MyThoughts
Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by jpphilips(m): 10:55am On Aug 24, 2017
First step of diversification done, next step is to expand the NLNG by an additional train or commence operations at the Brass NLNG project.
1 ton of LNG is $480, Once we can liquify as much gas as possible, Nigeria can gladly kiss oil good bye, Kachikwu is a genius!!
Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by Oildichotomy(m): 10:57am On Aug 24, 2017
ashjay001:

As much as I get ur reluctance, to wanting to share ur God given resources with hanger ons, I really dont think u getting a 100% of ur allocation to urself will bring any improvements!

Without oil, d SW was 1st among equals in progressive indices(cocoa board, tv station, UI), d North was foremost in agriculture(groundnut pyramids). Without oil, they could only have improved or progress forward!

Yet, u with 13% of ur oil, still cant get anything done!?

Seriously, I'm not trying to shame any tribe, just being objective!? Oil has been around for 40yrs, yet ur region cant even accommodate the headqtrs of IOCs?!
You hinge on the 60's to buttress your economic Ist among equals argument.

The question now is Why is it not like that now?
Why can't they develop their resource?
Why are they waiting for oil allocations to operate?
Let's tell ourselves the truth
Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by jpphilips(m): 11:04am On Aug 24, 2017
Kirigidi:

It should be we [Niger-Deltans] giving "Abuja" a defined percentage of our wealth and not the Federal Government taking our resources after which they give us a minute percentage in form of allocation. That is injustice! Why must every other region [NE, NW, NC, SW, SE] depend on Niger Delta resources for sustenance? The rest of Nigeria should go develop their own resources.

The last time I checked, you didn't put gas under your feet, you may not have known it was there if not for the exploratory investment that cost millions of usd, an amount you contributed nothing, furthermore, the project cost must be running into billions of Usd yet again you contributed nothing, despite all these, you think the gas is yours for the taking? despite giving you 13% of it and 3% of our total contribution to the Federation account in the name of NDDC? only God knows the percentage of our federation account given to you in the guise of Amnesty.

If you continue with this obnoxious mindset, then, You are either a grown an ars@ thief or a thief apprentice. When you are willing to contribute investment cost, the FG will be glad to allow you to control a percentage that does not compete with the FG, that way we could continue the global best practise of equitable distribution of wealth. On a lighter note, if by any means you don't seem to like the idea, please feel free to approach any embassy of your liking for a Visa. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by jpphilips(m): 11:09am On Aug 24, 2017
hatchy:
More earnings for the government but more poverty to the Niger Delta people.
Money earned from oil has oiled every part of the country except the owners of the resources. Lagos,Abuja and other cities were built with the money gotten from oil but the Niger delta as a whole is stricken by poverty with no roads,pipe borne water and good health facilities.

The injustice in this country will only be corrected by total restructuring where there will be total devolution of powers and resource control.

Are we supposed to be sympathetic? hell no!! the bulk of the money generated from this resources still go back to the Niger delta, when it is election season, Niger deltans of Rivers extraction will vote a tout like Wike, then turn around a year after to complain of marginalization and poverty, I hardly sympathise with you guys anymore.
Your Governors are your injustice, stop disturbing Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by jpphilips(m): 11:15am On Aug 24, 2017
kjhova:

13% derivation earnings from FAAC collected by our oil producing states has run into trillions of Naira in the last 10 years.

Where is the money

Point of correction, 13% isn't the only amount, let me explain how it works, 13% is a derivation of what they produce that aside, what every state contributed into the federation account is given to them by 3%, that is NDDC, again a fraction of the FG budget fund the Ministry of Niger delta, then the Amnesty programme (I have no idea what percentage of our Federation account it represents), for people who didn't invest a kobo?
The sultanates collect only 5% as oil rent, here we give nearly 20% with no investment yet they are whining.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by jpphilips(m): 11:19am On Aug 24, 2017
jabolo:

Wrong. It's for the domestic market since there are no immediate accompanying plans to boost export LNG capacity. In any case, the gas sector is being liberalized to eliminate (or reduce) the arbitrage between the two markets.

At this stage, we do need all the gas we can get for our own generation and don't you know it's a tragedy hearing that Lagos could be planning LNG imports for its embedded power project.

The gas gathering projects are mostly geared towards LNG expansion basically for export, you want diversification right? here it is.
the kolo creek node ended at Soku where it is channeled to LNG for export, that's the plan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by jpphilips(m): 11:33am On Aug 24, 2017
Oildichotomy:

Oil & Gas money comes so easy that it becomes a herculean task diversifying to other sectors. Isn't that so obvious the last 50 years already?

Until we scrap or probably soft-pedal on developments in that sector. We will end up deceiving ourselves about some hoax diversify.

You are missing a vital point, Nigeria has a comparative advantage on the global stage which is our huge oil and gas reserves of excellent quality, we have equally sunk in Trillions of dollars in that regards over the years, it is f00lish to abandon oil & gas, our best shot at diversification is maximizing our oil & gas potentials.

Why do we need to collect $2.3b loan to build train infrastructure that will earn us naira when we can invest $2.1b in an LNG train? 1ton of LNG is $480 today, imagine what that will contribute to our federation account?
Nigerians have lazy leaders who lack the ability to think, once they come up with ridiculous ideas, everybody runs with it, we are investing in agriculture, oh yea!! how much forex does it guarantee at the risk of hunger and high cost of food?
other solid minerals in Nigeria are not of super global quality so no advantage, oil and gas remains our best bet, this administration is f00ling around economy wise, with time, it will dawn on them that $2.1b will be more beneficial to LNG than a lousy train coach.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 24, 2017
Typical headline from imperialist controlled news media.

Headline made to sound like Shell helped Nigeria out; Shell that is the biggest looter of our wealth !

b) make post to challenge agitation to breakup Nigeria,
c) like and share posts of other DANite and others from detribalised Nigerians .
d) automatically added to list of Danites detribalised and anti-breakup peeps
e) follow all listed Danites
illuminated93, Addy003, 9japrof, EmeeNaka, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, thoth, Axeman2, lonelydora, rusher14, LoveMachine, ugosample, darkckUSA, mrdashing10
Please copy block of text save it on your PC and paste it to bottom of your posts in appropriate threads or any thread for that matter.
join our email list by emailing: wetinconsignme@asia.com as soon as you can manage to .
If you want to become a Danite simply quote me and tell me
Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by kjhova(m): 1:10pm On Aug 24, 2017
jpphilips:

Point of correction, 13% isn't the only amount, let me explain how it works, 13% is a derivation of what they produce that aside, what every state contributed into the federation account is given to them by 3%, that is NDDC, again a fraction of the FG budget fund the Ministry of Niger delta, then the Amnesty programme (I have no idea what percentage of our Federation account it represents), for people who didn't invest a kobo?
The sultanates collect only 5% as oil rent, here we give nearly 20% with no investment yet they are whining.

The truth is that as a people, we Nigerians are all being butt rammed by the political/economic elite. This butt hurting has gone on for too long that we have gotten quite used to it; the smell, the putrification, the sticky hole and all! Now the people are so pumelled that we don't even know who our real adversaries are anymore.

The elite conveniently channel our anger towards Abuja while between; the state governments, their ministries, assemblies, royal fathers, ethnic group elders, consultative assemblies, youth groups, religious bodies, contractors etc, the entire national commonwealth is being siphoned away everlastingly! And this is across board from Kebbi to Adamawa through Oyo to Lagos through Edo to Enugu to Rivers!!

When Mrs. Deziani looted NNPC, as is being revealed by on-going investigations in Nigeria, UK, Switzerland and the US, she was in cahoot with Kola Aluko and Jide Omokore. Ethnicity didn't matter to this people so long as there is a pie to be ripped.

There has to be an enlightened mass movement against the endemic elite corruption and stealing in Nigeria. We cannot go on like this.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by ashjay001(m): 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2017
Oildichotomy:
You hinge on the 60's to buttress your economic Ist among equals argument.

The question now is Why is it not like that now?
Why can't they develop their resource?
Why are they waiting for oil allocations to operate?
Let's tell ourselves the truth

Guy, everyone has been sharing d oil largesse! Who cares what happened to d cocoa farms? The groundnut harvests?

The sad thing is, ur share of the loot was never used to better d lots of ur masses! A very few pple have been diverting it into their pockets! Those are d pple u should hold responsible!

Which is why u need to support ds admin. They are trying to bring all that up!
Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by jabolo(m): 2:32pm On Aug 24, 2017
jpphilips:

The gas gathering projects are mostly geared towards LNG expansion basically for export, you want diversification right? here it is.
the kolo creek node ended at Soku where it is channeled to LNG for export, that's the plan.

You made me go consult the diagrams. There is also a pipeline from Soku to the Eastern pipeline backbone which, yes, also goes down to the NLNG but, more importantly swings upwards towards the OB-OB link and therefore the Western system => ELPS/Lagos etc.

Educate me. I don't think FID has been reached regarding the NLNG expansion. That wouldn't be wise in current markets where spot prices dominate and it would be difficult to secure a long-term supply contract to underscore the financing.
Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by Amoto94(m): 4:00pm On Aug 24, 2017
jpphilips and jabolo I salute your analysis
Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by jpphilips(m): 4:24pm On Aug 24, 2017
kjhova:

The truth is that as a people, we Nigerians are all being butt rammed by the political/economic elite. This butt hurting has gone on for too long that we have gotten quite used to it; the smell, the putrification, the sticky hole and all! Now the people are so pumelled that we don't even know who our real adversaries are anymore.

The elite conveniently channel our anger towards Abuja while between; the state governments, their ministries, assemblies, royal fathers, ethnic group elders, consultative assemblies, youth groups, religious bodies, contractors etc, the entire national commonwealth is being siphoned away everlastingly! And this is across board from Kebbi to Adamawa through Oyo to Lagos through Edo to Enugu to Rivers!!

When Mrs. Deziani looted NNPC, as is being revealed by on-going investigations in Nigeria, UK, Switzerland and the US, she was in cahoot with Kola Aluko and Jide Omokore. Ethnicity didn't matter to this people so long as there is a pie to be ripped.

There has to be an enlightened mass movement against the endemic elite corruption and stealing in Nigeria. We cannot go on like this.

Absolutely!! but I must warn you, the masses are ignorant and have chosen to remain so, nobody bothers to dig deep before taking sides, if I tell a Niger deltan to start a campaign for accountability in governance, I am a lone voice, if a Lunatic like kanu tells them that Biafra is on the way, he gets the support, that's how Nigeria works.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by jpphilips(m): 4:39pm On Aug 24, 2017
jabolo:

You made me go consult the diagrams. There is also a pipeline from Soku to the Eastern pipeline backbone which, yes, also goes down to the NLNG but, more importantly swings upwards towards the OB-OB link and therefore the Western system => ELPS/Lagos etc.

Educate me. I don't think FID has been reached regarding the NLNG expansion. That wouldn't be wise in current markets where spot prices dominate and it would be difficult to secure a long-term supply contract to underscore the financing.

Wow wow wow wow!! thats way too much information dude, Soku is significant for a reason I believe you already know, wouldn't go into details on the route subject because the industry has way too much enemies at the moment.
I rather focus on the LNG subject, your concerns are right but I believe we can still carve a niche for ourselves in such a huge market, the only major threat is the Australian entrant into the LNG market, now is the time because of russian-EU sanctions.
kachikwu mentioned it last Month but I think everybody wants the gas to be available before the train arrives, that will smoothen out negotiations.
Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by dabossman(m): 6:04pm On Aug 24, 2017
Oildichotomy:

Bro, until the other areas you are trying to diversify into have a strong footing you can't kill or starve the goose that is laying the golden egg. What do you think is funding the diversification process? All the money CBN says it is pumping into Agriculture, Manufacturing etc, where do you think it is coming from?

Besides, Yoruba's have a saying that when a child sees honey, he throws his beancake (akara) away. When an adult sees honey, he enjoys both the honey and the beancake together.
Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by Oildichotomy(m): 10:22pm On Aug 24, 2017
ashjay001:

Guy, everyone has been sharing d oil largesse! Who cares what happened to d cocoa farms? The groundnut harvests?

The sad thing is, ur share of the loot was never used to better d lots of ur masses! A very few pple have been diverting it into their pockets! Those are d pple u should hold responsible!

Which is why u need to support ds admin. They are trying to bring all that up!
We are talking important matters, you are veering into political sycophancy of supporting a government that is hell bent in pumping more money into it.

Save your support admin story please
Re: Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project by ashjay001(m): 10:37pm On Aug 24, 2017
Oildichotomy:
We are talking important matters, you are veering into political sycophancy of supporting a government that is hell bent in pumping more money into it.

Save your support admin story please

Lol! So much hatred, in someone so young?!

U cant realise ur dreams, without working with d sitting govt. Any other thing, is either a pipe dream or another sh*tfaced civil disturbance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inflation, Devaluation Push Millennials Away From ₦20 Trillion Stock Market / How To Calculate Fixed Deposit Rate Of Any Bank In Nigeria / 10 Questions Unemployed Nigerians Are Asking About Freelancing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.