Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD (9934 Views)

Dangote Becomes $20m Wealthier, Maintains Spot As Africa’s Richest Man / CCNN (sokoto Cement Plc) Revenue Grew By 47.7% Compared To Q3 2016 / Nigeria’s Gas Production Rises As Shell Completes Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2021
The Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) says Nigeria has regained the top spot in Africa, producing an average of 1.27 million barrels per day in November.

OPEC disclosed this in its Oil Market Report for December 2021, according to NAN.

TheCable reported that Nigeria’s production declined sharply to 1.35 million barrels per day by 45,000 barrels per day (bpd) in October from about 1.40 million bpd in September.

Libya, which clinched the top spot in Africa in October with 1.24 mb/d, declined to 1.21 mb/d in November.

The new OPEC report showed an increment of 47,000 barrels per day when compared to the 1.228 mb/d produced averagely in October 2021.

“According to secondary sources, total OPEC-13 crude oil production averaged 27.72 mb/d in November 2021, higher by 0.29 mb/d Month on Month,” the report reads.

”Crude oil output increased mainly in Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and Nigeria, while production in Angola, Libya and Congo declined.”

According to the report, the improvement in oil prices still supported the economic recovery but was hindered by the elevated inflationary and labour market pressures.

The inflation rate, the report showed, eased to 15.99 percent in October 2021, from 16.63 percent in September, marking the lowest rate since last December, largely due to a sustained moderation in food prices.

“On a monthly basis, consumer prices increased by 0.98 percent following a 1.15 percent rise in the previous month, it added.

“The Stanbic IBTC Bank Nigeria Purchasing Managers’ Index reflected a solid expansion in business conditions despite the ongoing overall prices increase as it rose to a four-month high of 55 in November, up from 54.1 percent in October.”

https://www.thecable.ng/opec-nigerias-oil-production-rises-by-47000-barrels-per-day-regains-africas-top-spot/amp

5 Likes

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by Ifesinachi22(m): 8:32pm On Dec 13, 2021
I dedicate this FTC to all the lovers of Justice and fair play who believe Tinubu will never be President of Nigeria...

Don't quote me please. I'm not feeling fine

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by Maxymilliano(m): 8:43pm On Dec 13, 2021
In as much as crude oil is a blessing to other oil producing nations, the opposite is the case for Nigeria.

Oil to us is a medium for corruption, ecological destruction, environmental pollution and a curse to the country.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by FreeStuffsNG: 8:51pm On Dec 13, 2021
Awesome!!! This is cheering news after several months of inability to take up fully our quota.
PIA is even yet to be fully factored into this o.
Expect more positive news from our oil and gas industry.

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by Namnam: 8:51pm On Dec 13, 2021
God damb it no more oil I wanna diversify and have the Nigerian government use its mills factories etc to sell to our ECOWAS members. Oil is awful
Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by ThinkSmarter: 9:16pm On Dec 13, 2021
It is awful that Nigeria can't pay stipend to her unemployed graduates, despite being among the top ten oil producing countries of the world.
Meanwhile, Nigeria is bound to be richer in the coming yrs after the removal of the fuel subsidy from next year.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by Mko123(m): 10:27pm On Dec 13, 2021
O for oil

1 Like

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by KillIgbohoN0W: 10:27pm On Dec 13, 2021
Afonjas can now stop mining skulls biko. Our IGR is back to where it was.

Thanks.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by WhizdomXX(m): 10:28pm On Dec 13, 2021
And the region producing the oil continues to languish in poverty, suffering, taxes and School fees increments especially in the Federal Institutions. One Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by Newyorkitis(m): 10:28pm On Dec 13, 2021
More disheartening news for the masses, considering what is being stolen.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by Drsnives(m): 10:28pm On Dec 13, 2021
And with nothing to show for it..
I curse Tinubu and all his master bullhari for this untold hardship and suffering they brought

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by Iliveforever(m): 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2021
Top spot my ass!!

Top spot with nothing to show for it.
18,000 minimum wage
Poor education
Poor health care
Worst security
Poor global image.

Shame on you guys if this news is the only news you’ve to show you’re working.
You guys should keep stealing and destroying everything, no one knows tomorrow.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by thatsleepboy1: 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2021
THE SEVEN CHURCHES

Rev 1:10-11 “I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet, saying, ‘Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.’” (NAS)

1. These seven churches actually existed in John’s time and were just as John described them.
2. Throughout the Christian Era there have been churches spiritually like each of those churches.
3. Those were not the only churches in Asia Minor, they were chosen by the Lord in a specific order for a reason.

What was that reason?

The Post Road

Though there were three other cities nearby to whom Paul had written epistles (Thessalonica, Philippi and Colosse), they were not included because they were not on a Post Road beginning in Ephesus. As a result, they could not give us a timed picture of conditions in
the Church during the Christian era.

The Post Road began in Ephesus and continued on to the various cities in the order given in Revelation 2-3.

From “Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”
And that exactly matches the spiritual condition of Church during the Christian era.

32-95AD
Ephesus..........“Lost your first love...”
Rev 2:4, Heresy enters church: Marcionites, Gnostics, Nicolaitans, Balaamites, etc.

95-321AD
Smyrna...........“Persecuted 10 days...” Rev 2:10
Ten major persecutions under ten Roman Emperors: (1) Domitian (2) Trajan (3) Hadrian (4) Antonius Pius (5) Marcus Arelius (6) Septimus Severus (7) Maximin (cool Decius (9) Valerian (10)Diocletian

321-450AD
Pergamum......“Where Satan's throne is...” Rev 2:13 Constantine makes Christianity state religion. Church hierarchy begins.

450-950AD
Thyatira.........“That Woman Jezebel...” Rev 2:20
Beginning of Mary worship. Idols brought into the churches. Bishops rise to power.

950-1450AD
Sardis............“But you are dead...” Rev 3:1
Dead Catholic formalism. Bible taken from the people. Persecution of the brethren intensifies.

1450-1948AD
Philadelphia...“You have kept My Word...” Rev 3:8 The Reformation, Protestant churches rise, the Puritan movement, foreign missions founded.

1948AD- ??
Laodicea........ “You are neither hot nor cold...” Rev 3:15 Lukewarm church of today. Great “so-called works,” but spiritually cool.

THE CHURCH OF TODAY
Revelation 3:14-22 “And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither (spiritually) cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art (spiritually) lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am (spiritually) rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing (huge organizations, popular pastors and world-renowned TV evangelists); and knowest not that thou art (spiritually) wretched, and (spiritually) miserable, and poor, and blind, and (spiritually) naked: I counsel thee to buy of me
(spiritual) gold tried in the fire (of My cross), that thou mayest be (spiritually) rich; and white raiment (of My imputed righteousness), that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy (spiritual) unclothedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with (spiritual) eyesalve, that thou mayest see (marvelous things out of my law). As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man (in the other six churches, the Lord was dealing with the church in general, but in this Laodicean age, He is addressing each of us as individuals) hear my voice, and open the door, I will come into him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.”

“He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.”

3 Likes

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by ClassicMan202(m): 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2021
This won't stop them from borrowing massively....

Worst of it, they will still loot the borrowed funds.

All those that promised to make 9ja better but are doing the opposite, may they d!e by fire.

To their supporters and followers... May they see same

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by ultiabaz36(m): 10:30pm On Dec 13, 2021
We sha like to dey package this govt anyhow una like.

God wee see us o
Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by socialmediaman: 10:30pm On Dec 13, 2021
Nigeria’s progress report

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by brandsoncharlie: 10:30pm On Dec 13, 2021
Yet the impact can't be seen in the economy and it's citizens
Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by OluwaBlessyn: 10:30pm On Dec 13, 2021
Is it of what use?,is it changing anything in nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by CocoaOla: 10:32pm On Dec 13, 2021
Fraudulent government of extortions of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by Enceladus(m): 10:32pm On Dec 13, 2021
It will clear for una eye when the world goes green.

3 Likes

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by Stevenson20: 10:33pm On Dec 13, 2021
God please take away this oil from Nigeria. Ordinary man have not benefited from the oil, let alone using it to transform the country. My mind is telling me that God cursed Nigeria with oil. Just look at ordinary Dubai known for their dry land and how they transformed it to a world class country.

Abeg, who use Nigeria pant do ritual?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by sirp9898(m): 10:33pm On Dec 13, 2021
So them want me to rejoice say I come from oil rich country for this kind hardship way Nigeria govt dey give e masses serious hardship dey pretend as if nothing dey happen.
Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by Cholls(m): 10:33pm On Dec 13, 2021
Maxymilliano:
In as much as crude oil is a blessing to other oil producing nations, the opposite is the case for Nigeria.

Oil to us is a medium for corruption, ecological destruction, environmental pollution and a curse to the country.

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by jericco1(m): 10:34pm On Dec 13, 2021
What does this mean for the common man embarassed

1 Like

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by olas24u(f): 10:35pm On Dec 13, 2021
The only open member that imports fuel !sick country
Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by iamehmakute(m): 10:35pm On Dec 13, 2021
Regain top spot as Africa's largest producer of crude oil is good , BUT WE THE CITIZENS ARE INDIFFERENT ABOUT IT. Because "economic growth" isn't the same as "economic development".

Shikena, dassall, koju Belo.

1 Like

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by yommen: 10:37pm On Dec 13, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
Afonjas can now stop mining skulls biko. Our IGR is back to where it was.

Thanks.

You mean there are no skull miners in Nnewi, Orlu, Ihiala etc? Lies!!! This is Africa and this is Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 13, 2021
angry
Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by KillIgbohoN0W: 10:38pm On Dec 13, 2021
yommen:

You mean there are no skull miners in Nnewi, Orlu, Ihiala etc? Lies!!! This is Africa and this is Nigeria.

No skull miners abi your family relocate go there?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by tetralogyfallot(m): 10:39pm On Dec 13, 2021
This is the time Nigeria suppose to gather enough forex but unfortunately we are resource cursed.
Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by xeratek: 10:45pm On Dec 13, 2021
My oil money o.. When will they start paying PIB?
Re: OPEC: Nigeria Regains Africa Top Spot As Oil Production Rises By 47,000 BPD by Zico5(m): 10:45pm On Dec 13, 2021
Still there will be no change. This government is parasite, nothing good has never come out of it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 / My Fiverr success thread / Frustrated About Making Money Online? Come Here And Learn!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.