Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,660 members, 7,844,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education (7078 Views)

What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? / Can Someone Access Their Pension Funds Before Official Retirement Age / Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by buchilino(m): 9:18am On Aug 24, 2017
mikolo80:
you want to thank people who couldn't teach you to read and comprehend.SMH

BE HONEST, WAT DID YOU SMOKE DIS MORNING.
Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by okemejames(m): 9:41am On Aug 24, 2017
Goodnews! Now they're talking.
Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 24, 2017
haywhy1026:
I think we are running mad in this country....When unemployment is constantly skyrocketing,we are still considering increasing the time this old teachers will spend in service.what is the essence of labouring to produce this abundant graduate who still live in there parents house and eat their parents food just cos of unemployment in the country
Bros. Graduates are actually supposed to be creating jobs not looking for one. In most places the general retirement age is 65, and some employers will beg you to work for them till 70 if you can, thats because they value experience so much more than degree certificates.
Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by haywhy1026(m): 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2017
blueseacats:
Bros. Graduates are actually supposed to be creating jobs not looking for one. In most places the general retirement age is 65, and some employers will beg you to work for them till 70 if you can, thats because they value experience so much more than degree certificates.
Bros...i will sound really harsh
How many Job have u created or How many job hav ur family created...It is very easy for us to just say alot of thing without actualising it...It high time U stopped reading all those Enterprenuerer books from those Broke authors
Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by Cityguy: 12:41pm On Aug 24, 2017
andrejoe:
Its only In Nigeria that teachers, lecturers n doctors will agitate for prolonged suffering. This is one of the reasons of unemployment in Nigeria. If they are the best brains private schools, universities and hospitals will seek thir services. That is why we will never move forward by recycling old products e.g old govs, senators, ministers , even my own president that I am a fan of, seriously it's affecting everything.
What fuels these agitations is 'fear of tomorrow'. In other climes where things are ordered, people call in for early retirement. I've seen 40 yr olds in retirement. This they do to pursue private businesses when the energy is still there.

1 Like

Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by babayaro7: 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hmm this ppl they want to die while working. They dnt knw that they block chance for others.
Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by jamesbridget13(f): 1:12pm On Aug 24, 2017
haywhy1026:
I think we are running mad in this country....When unemployment is constantly skyrocketing,we are still considering increasing the time this old teachers will spend in service.what is the essence of labouring to produce this abundant graduate who still live in there parents house and eat their parents food just cos of unemployment in the country
are the teachers now d cause of unemployment?

If u ask me, increasing teachers salary is a better catalyst. There won't be any need for additional five years once teachers are well paid.

I am a teacher n mind u I have served only 4yrs grin
Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by mikolo80: 3:04pm On Aug 24, 2017
buchilino:

BE HONEST, WAT DID YOU SMOKE DIS MORNING.
whatever your mama gave me to smoke
Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by Gamesmart: 5:05pm On Aug 24, 2017
sodiksan:
Am currently a teacher under the Lagos State government and this is my say

The NUT guys are dumb ass, whenever they join NUT and start holding leadership position, they hardly participate in classroom activities because they will turn that union to their place of primary assignment. Therefore they will forget all the stress teachers go through coz they are not going through it anymore, that's just a typical Nigeria man for you.

Can you believe the least teacher in government Secondary School get a deduction of 700 naira from his/her salary as monthly due for NUT , which you can hardly feel there presence.

The most dumbest thing they have done in recent year is to agitate for age increment, because the NUT guys know that alot of teachers are retiring due to mass recruitment done 30 years ago and they will lose a lot of members in 3 years time, which will in turn reduce the money they will embezzle

As of today teachers are one of the most underpayed employee, looking at the pay and the stress they go through when doing their job, it's more of charity work to me.

I think those stupid and foolish NUT guys should be clamouring for good salary for teachers not age. I hope to leave the profession soon.

[/color]Anybody that can link me up with an I.T Jon, I don't mind. [color=#990000]

You have an option not to pay any union fees.

If you don't exercise your option then you are indirectly voluntarily paying.
Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by buchilino(m): 6:51pm On Aug 24, 2017
mikolo80:
whatever your mama gave me to smoke

OBVIOUSLY UR FROM SW, AM SURPRISED. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by haywhy1026(m): 8:43pm On Aug 24, 2017
jamesbridget13:
are the teachers now d cause of unemployment?

If u ask me, increasing teachers salary is a better catalyst. There won't be any need for additional five years once teachers are well paid.

I am a teacher n mind u I have served only 4yr grin
You really made a good point, it is better to increase their salary than to leave them to die in classroom... You that your are a teacher, Did U start d job with ur real age? if your ansa is No, just add 5 to dat already added age by You, then you will likely retire when your become a great grand mother..
Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by jamesbridget13(f): 9:21pm On Aug 24, 2017
haywhy1026:

You really made a good point, it is better to increase their salary than to leave them to die in classroom... You that your are a teacher, Did U start d job with ur real age? if your ansa is No, just add 5 to dat already added age by You, then you will likely retire when your become a great grand mother..
lolzzz @ggm #greatgrandmother

It will interest u to know dat I started with my original date of birth 1989. I will be retiring even before 60. dats 35 complete years of service. Can u beat dat shocked
Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by haywhy1026(m): 9:25pm On Aug 24, 2017
jamesbridget13:
lolzzz @ggm #greatgrandmother

It will interest u to know dat I started with my original date of birth 1989. I will be retiring even before 60. dats 35 complete years of service. Can u beat dat shocked
lol...I dont kno ur original age but If You allow the 'change to begin with You' then goodluck to you....enjoy your night
Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by jamesbridget13(f): 9:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
haywhy1026:

lol...I dont kno ur original age but If You allow the 'change to begin with You' then goodluck to you....enjoy your night
we still have honest peeps in Nigeria man. There is hope for our dear country. Goodnight
Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by haywhy1026(m): 9:30pm On Aug 24, 2017
jamesbridget13:
we still have honest peeps in Nigeria man. There is hope for our dear country. Goodnight
wink
jamesbridget13:
Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by mikolo80: 10:11pm On Aug 24, 2017
buchilino:

OBVIOUSLY UR FROM SW, AM SURPRISED. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
surprised at how foul mouthed your mother is
Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by buchilino(m): 6:56am On Aug 25, 2017
mikolo80:
surprised at how foul mouthed your mother is

AM NOT SURPRISED UR FROM THE SW. U N UR PPLE OBVIOUSLY HAVE ISSUES WHICH I DON'T HAVE TIME 4. GET WELL SOON
Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by mikolo80: 1:07pm On Aug 25, 2017
buchilino:

AM NOT SURPRISED UR FROM THE SW. U N UR PPLE OBVIOUSLY HAVE ISSUES WHICH I DON'T HAVE TIME 4. GET WELL SOON
Shebi the issues your mother passed on to you
Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by buchilino(m): 1:26pm On Aug 25, 2017
mikolo80:
Shebi the issues your mother passed on to you

AT LEAST MY NAME ISN'T MI...KOLO
Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by mikolo80: 1:57pm On Aug 25, 2017
buchilino:

AT LEAST MY NAME ISN'T MI...KOLO
bet your mama's name is
Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by buchilino(m): 2:08pm On Aug 25, 2017
mikolo80:
bet your mama's name is
GO N RECONCILE WITH UR MOTHER
Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by mikolo80: 2:34pm On Aug 25, 2017
buchilino:

GO N RECONCILE WITH UR MOTHER
you're the one whose mum failed to teach home training
Re: Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education by buchilino(m): 4:01pm On Aug 25, 2017
mikolo80:
you're the one whose mum failed to teach home training

OK Mr KOLO

(1) (2) (Reply)

Way Forward For Nigerias Technology Sector : Hnd Or Bsc / Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will / Inflation: Block Moulders Commence Five Days Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.